As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The "Can't Post" issue

HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration ThreadCentrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
So there's phantom threads hanging around here, lacking content and I figure those are a part of whatever bug just occured, but for about 20 minutes or so tonight the forum was timing out when posts were trying to be submitted. I dunno if it applied for everyone. Viewing the forum wasn't a problem.

Henroid on

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It applied to me, and I'm sure to everyone else as well, since no other posts were made during that time

Squall on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Started happening at about 10:20 or 10:21 pm eastern time, unable to post replies to threads. Seemed to be happening in all the subforums. Browsing works fine, but when I click to reply to a thread it just times out, or gives an error message saying that I have to wait another # seconds before posting (# between 10 and 20).

Furthermore, I was unable to create a thread to report the error (well, it created the thread, but didn't seem to make the post).

Darian on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happened to me too. Really weird...

Creating threads worked fine, but it was just editing and actually getting posts to show up that wouldn't work.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fixing!

I think that should do it. Admittedly, I'm doing this work using my iPhone's internet connection while waiting for a connecting flight.

I'll be back to a computer around 11pm PST and I'll make sure it gets fixed.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You can work on the forum from your iPhone? We truly are living in the future.

Henroid on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    You can work on the forum from your iPhone? We truly are living in the future.

Very slowly :wink:

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    You ought to carry a netbook. :P

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I sent Alpha an email about this at 10:37 PM EST yesterday

he responded at 11:37 PM EST yesterday

the timestamp from my original email that he received was 2:37 AM EST today

turns out I am from the future! who knew?

Squall on
  • Options
    martyllianmartyllian Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've been trying to post replies to some threads for 3 days, but my posts never appear :D is this a bug?

Whoa, posts are showing up now.. Sorry to bother ya.

martyllian on
    martyllian.jpg