As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Orc time

L.E.O.L.E.O. Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Artist's Corner
ive got this picture here that i did, its a classic orc D&D style, at least that was i was going for.

i need to think how im gonna color this thing, crit on anything you see wrong.
orctopostinks.jpg
orctopostcolor.jpg
some flat colors to get the idea.

L.E.O. on

• Options
    LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    his legs seem fairly short and head a little to big but its good. Just check your anatomy

Leggraphics on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The spear tip seems to go off on a bit of an angle, pointing more upwards than the bottom half would suggest it should

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    how do you think i should color this? maybe a vector style or painted style?

L.E.O. on
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i have NO idea about colour, but his torso seems a bit off anatomy-wise

it looks as if the right-hand side of his torso belongs to a huge barrel-chested dude, and the left hand side is from somebody with a much a leaner frame

at the moment it kind of looks like he has a massive tumour under his right arm or something

Fletcher on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    His belt doesn't curve around his body, most noticeable on his right hand side

As for painting, I'd say a adding shade and light in equal quantities with smooth transitions

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    riiiiight, i see the anatomy mistakes now, cant really change it now though, but yeah taken into consideration for next time.

ill see what i can do about the color and post the progress.

L.E.O. on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    L.E.O. wrote: »
    riiiiight, i see the anatomy mistakes now, cant really change it now though, but yeah taken into consideration for next time.

What? Why?

Is this for a commission and has the client already ok'ed it? That's the only situation where i would say...ok i guess you can't change it.

But if this is you just being lazy, that's another story.

DeeLock on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    how do you think i should color this? maybe a vector style or painted style?

The better question is WHY are you coloring it in a specific way? Think about the mood and emotion you want the piece to convey to the viewer. This will determine how you color it, the hues you use, etc.

Also, I would suggest adding a background. I'm guessing you're going for more of a pin-up piece, but backgrounds adds context to the piece.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    DeeLock wrote: »

What? Why?

Is this for a commission and has the client already ok'ed it? That's the only situation where i would say...ok i guess you can't change it.

But if this is you just being lazy, that's another story.
    well, i inked this with a pen, so to change it would be a huge process or rescanning and fixing all the existing mistakes again plus the new ones... maybe ill do it.

L.E.O. on