As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME OVER - Camarilla Victory] Vampire: TPM, Final Night: The Curtain's Descent

• xanathosxanathos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Kill Order:
    Guardians > Kuei-Jin > Assamites > Sabbat > Prince > Camarilla

oh wow do I have egg on my face *sighs* I was looking for kill order, not kill priority *rolls eyes* My mistake I will shut up now before I insert my foot in my mouth some more LOL

xanathos on
    "Our will requires an aim; it would sooner have the void for its purpose than be void of purpose" - Friedrich Nietzsche from The Genealogy of Morals, 1887.

"All memory of your existence will be wiped from reality. You will die, and no one will mourn." - Memnarch
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So...after doing some thinking...where the hell are our Venture or even those magick-y Tremere? With our super guardians the Gangrel why haven't one of those two families come forward to claim the Princeship? Right now TehSpectre has come forward as an unverifiable clan to claim vigilante power over all of us with the reasoning that he was really good evil guy last game? Where the hell our are family specials when they could step up and be called out if they were lying? The one guy who comes forward shouldn't die with the Gangrel to protect them and if they were an evil lying dude they'd be called on it by the 3 real members of that family.

Spectre is a whole shit load of risk when we have a minimal risk option waiting in the wings. With a max of 6 nights (if whoever can be believed) a sacrifice play to gurantee the vigilante kill doesn't go against a Sabat dude tomorrow night be worth it depending on how many of them they have.

Yes, family you get exposed. If you do some math this game isn't going to go on long with all the kills and I don't think it's likely you'll survive intact until the end game. Even then 3 solid votes are not going to swing things when we have such a huge amount of people dying each night. Step forward for the glory of the Camarilla to assume your proper role as Prince! (Or Princess I guess.)

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    xanathos wrote: »
    Kill Order:

oh wow do I have egg on my face *sighs* I was looking for kill order, not kill priority *rolls eyes* My mistake I will shut up now before I insert my foot in my mouth some more LOL

Perhaps, on the next misstep, we can add bacon. And some summer sausage.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Kill Order:

I second that motion. :P

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    edited April 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Kill Order:

Now I am hungry time for some lunch

xanathos on
    "Our will requires an aim; it would sooner have the void for its purpose than be void of purpose" - Friedrich Nietzsche from The Genealogy of Morals, 1887.

"All memory of your existence will be wiped from reality. You will die, and no one will mourn." - Memnarch
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ardor's suggestion to go inactive-hunting makes me think my vote should have been red instead of lime. But I'll wait and see.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2007
    I don't think that families exposing themselves this early in the game is a very good idea. It does have merit though, once some networking has been done.

Just my opinion of course.

Unknown User on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    I don't think that families exposing themselves this early in the game is a very good idea. It does have merit though, once some networking has been done.

Well, even if one of the families came out, it'd be a definate way to assure us that the Prince is on our side, and you'd still have a 'backup' family for the duration of the networking. I think. Otherwise we're risking giving another nightly kill to the Sabbats or the Assamites, which might not be too awesome, considering that the consensus is that the game will be pretty short.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited April 2007

Dude, 6 bloody days. We have to move and move quick. I'm only exposing 1 person, who would be elected Prince and guarded. As opposed to the current Spectre plan which has him, an unknown and possibly evil dude, being guarded and given one of our very precious free kills. It would cost the family that comes forward nothing and gain us a trusted Prince instead of letting a power grabbing unknown in.

Which is what it boils down to. I'm leery of somebody who was previously mostly joking around in last Phalla and is now grabbing power with both hands. Smart bad guys have to switch up plays if they're bad in consecutive games and that's exactly what TehSpectre is doing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited April 2007
    I didn't realize that the time was going to be that short, to be honest.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2007
    I didn't realize that the time was going to be that short, to be honest.

I'm trying to come to grips with it myself. Even with having two seers I think we're pretty screwed in this one. I was kinda bored when I realized this game had an "Instant Network" button (which means you only get to really play the game if you're in the network or evil) but I'm not really certain this is going to do any good.

So short....so short.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited April 2007
    Maybe i'll get offed tonight, that way I can start up a "Robot's Stakehouse (Vampire Graveyard)" Thread.

Unknown User on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would vote for myself, but what good would that do? I would just be throwing my vote away and besides, even is I was elected I would probably screw it up.

For those reasons I would like to !vote EvilBadman to be Prince.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Alright, I'm going to take a big chance here. I am in one of the two families. I want the guardian to protect me and the seer to seer me and tell me which family I am in.

!retract my vote for Tehspectre
    and !vote for Grundlterror for prince

I hope you guys are paying attention, otherwise I'm going to eat your soul DA >_<

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2007
    Well then, that solved my dilemma.

I !retract Ardor
    I !vote Grundlterror for Prince

I !vote Ardor for execution

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited April 2007
    I !vote Grundlterror for Prince

for now anyways...

Unknown User on
    edited April 2007
    I would vote for myself, but what good would that do? I would just be throwing my vote away and besides, even is I was elected I would probably screw it up.

For those reasons I would like to !vote EvilBadman to be Prince.

I am honored to be the throwaway vote, as long as the color is lime, and not say, lemon.

EvilBadman on
    edited April 2007
    Alright, I'm going to take a big chance here. I am in one of the two families. I want the guardian to protect me and the seer to seer me and tell me which family I am in.

!retract my vote for Tehspectre
    and !vote for Grundlterror for prince

Get on it boys.

I !retract my vote for Ardor and !vote for Grundterror for Prince of Enchantments!
    I hope you guys are paying attention, otherwise I'm going to eat your soul DA >_<

If you outed your family with that I'm going to laugh. Though do we know for certain that the Seer can tell you your family name? I don't remember it but the OP is like a wall of text.

WAIT A MINUTE. You need to out your own family or else nobody knows if they should step forward and call you out!

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, it's time for Buzz's night one thoughts. Sorry guys, no iodine from me this game.

It seems to me that the Assamites really want to kill networks, both Sabbat and familial. They can't just fire blindly out into the crowd, since the odds currently favor hitting a random vampire. If it gets down to the end and it's the Assamites vs. any more than two of the Sabbat, the Assamites lose, because the Sabbat will know exactly who they are. For that reason, the Assamites currently are probably working with the village to take down the larger, more threatening network. So they aren't the largest cause of concern, and in fact are probably a boon to the village at this point.

I'm still uncertain on the exact number of specials. We know we have two families and a guardian (probably one, from the wording of the OP). As for seers...do we know the exact numbers on these? I assume there are multiple Malkavians and Nosferatu, but looking at the OP, I don't see exact numbers anywhere. Is this hidden number of specials part of the game, is this information somewhere else, or am I just an idiot?

As I've been writing this, I see we have found our Prince-to-be. I !vote Grundlterror for Prince.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Abraham F. HawkAbraham F. Hawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Can the guardian guard himself? If so, isn't the guardian someone we should name our Prince? Invincible leader for the good guys = good, yes?

Abraham F. Hawk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    WAIT A MINUTE. You need to out your own family or else nobody knows if they should step forward and call you out!

I'm top of the page'ing this, because it does seem relevant. Although this does make seer verification hard.
    Tough call here Grundlterror. I'm still inclined to believe that he's a family member, since if I were one, I'd probably have made the same play that he's making. Seems too obvious of a pitfall for a baddie to fall into.

And Abe, no, the guardian can't guard himself.

Buzz Buzz on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Can the guardian guard himself? If so, isn't the guardian someone we should name our Prince? Invincible leader for the good guys = good, yes?

"The Gangrel can not protect himself, only others."

INeedNoSalt on
    edited April 2007

The Gangel is unlike, for example, a marine in that he cannot help himself. He is like a marine by smell, however.

EvilBadman on
  • Abraham F. HawkAbraham F. Hawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ah. I see. Nevermind my little thought, then. I shall learn to read, one of these days.

Abraham F. Hawk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My vote for myself is going to stay for now. So far there is nothing to prove Grundlterror is a member of either family and isn't just a ballsy Sabbat.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    edited April 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

I'm top of the page'ing this, because it does seem relevant. Although this does make seer verification hard.
    Tough call here Grundlterror. I'm still inclined to believe that he's a family member, since if I were one, I'd probably have made the same play that he's making. Seems too obvious of a pitfall for a baddie to fall into.

Yea, I can understand why but my plan isn't much of a plan without him revealing his family.

Also, I !vote for er..uhm...gnasty. I'm going to be spotty if I'm around from now on and I don't want to miss a vote. I don't trust cute avatars and his is cuter and more relevant than Sab's. That and it's the first day, hopefully somebody will screw up and we can kill them instead of random bandwagon dude.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited April 2007
    So you want me to call out the other two people who are in my family to prove I am in the family? That doesn't seem smart, once I'm verified by the seer then we can start the network and we don't want to paint targets on network members (other than me at this point, I'm taking that risk). So what do you guys want me to do?

Edit: Ah, so you just want my family name? That would make seer verification very hard, theres gotta be another way.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2007
    Can the Assamites decide to not kill anyone on a given night?

I'm not sure but it seems to me that we need time to get the network going, if Grundlterror's plan works out, and avoiding extra violence (that can randomly kill members of the budding network) might be useful for the village in the first days. Assuming the Assamites are siding with the Camarilla, that is.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Like I said Grundlterror, I buy that you're a family member, but since you didn't name your family, there's no way to confirm that you actually are. If, for example, you weren't in the family, by not naming which family you say you're from, the real members of that family couldn't denounce you. That's essentially DA's objection, and I think it's an understandable one. The real question is whether apparently easy seer verification is worth the risk that you might be a baddie.

That said, my vote's staying where it is, and even DA's vote has yet to move, so he obviously doesn't distrust you that much.

Buzz Buzz on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

And Abe, no, the guardian can't guard himself.

I think he's probably a family member too, but I don't think anyone should vote for him unless he names his family. It'd be great to elect a family member and get a good network started, but consider the risk. If he IS a Sabbat or any of the other groups trying to kill us, the Nosferatu won't be able to out him without outing themselves( tangent: do we have multiple Nosferatu? I couldn't tell from the first post ). Sacrificing a seer just to kill a single lousy monster is not a good outcome for us.

Cantide on
    edited April 2007
    Alright, so how about one of the members of my family verifies that I am in his family? That way, I get seered and turn out be a bad guy you have two targets to kill. But it still will screw over that person, downing the size of our network by one.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2007
    But if he reveals his clam, the seer can't verify him.

Given that anyone we vote for can turn out to be a baddie, Grundl's plan seems like as good a starting point as any other.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    But if he reveals his clam, the seer can't verify him.

Given that anyone we vote for can turn out to be a baddie, Grundl's plan seems like as good a starting point as any other.

Right, but the seer would still see if I am a baddie. If I do turn out to be a baddie that would just be shooting myself in the foot because not only would I die right off the bat, but so would anyone that vouched for me. Still not the best plan for network preservation, but if you guys need some convincing...

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm not sure if Grundlterror is actually a family member, but I think it would be way too insane to step forward like that if he were a baddie. He will probably be seer'd this turn and be proven that he's a good guy, because if he was a Sabbat, he would get killed very soon after the seering. So I'm going to !vote Grundlterror to be our Prince

Let's just hope the seerers and guardians are awake :P

Edit: I dont' think you should reveal another family member, nor should you say your clan, because that would either get the second family dude killed, or make seering proof very hard. Just keep quite for now, and if you are a baddie, then you die next round, if you aren't, then we can start the network very quickly after this round.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This seems like this is by far the best idea that has come yet (far better than voting for tehspectre)

!vote grundlterror

frandelgearslip on
    edited April 2007
    One way to verify Grundlterror would be to have another member of his family to come out, declare his clan and confirm Grundl as part of the family. One of them would then be voted Prince and protected by the guardian (hopefully), while the other would immediately be executed by the village. Once the other one is dead, we know whether he was speaking the truth or not, and we still have a network of 2 ready to be contacted by the specials.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bliss: best typo ever.

Grundl: your continued refusal to name your family is telling me something. Specifically, it's telling me to !vote for you.

Remember, guys, we've got 8 Sabbat. They can easily afford to risk one member on this gamble.

Cantide on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm sorry everyone, I was wandering the galleries here and got lost...

The discussion about who to elect Prince... I believe I shall !vote Grundlterror for the position.

Not going to vote on anyone to stake just yet- I'll listen to the theories a bit more first. Then I'll decide.

DarkPrimus on
    edited April 2007
    Well I am liking this plan better than the one for tehspectre.

I !vote grundlterror to lead us

xanathos on

edited April 2007
    Cantide wrote: »
    Bliss: best typo ever.

Grundl: your continued refusal to name your family is telling me something. Specifically, it's telling me to !vote for you.[/b][/color]

Remember, guys, we've got 8 Sabbat. They can easily afford to risk one member on this gamble.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out the best way to verify the seer while still keeping the network to the maximum number. We have 4 hours until the vote closes and I'd really like us to go with the best plan of action to keep as many of us alive as possible. Bliss's plan will work, but will decrease our network by one.

Now, if you guys really want me to just come out and say what clan I am in, I am leaning more and more towards just revealing my family name. Then I will have all the specials contact the network. If I get more than one seer, then we will test the seers (before revealing to them who else is in the network) to root out the impostor. So, revealing my family name right now might not be too counter-productive at all. What do you guys think?

Edit: Also, if everyone could go invis that would be great. We don't want the baddies being able to tell who is PMing a lot. Also, even if you are just a vanilla vampire and don't think that you'll be pming a lot, just go invis to throw them off the scent.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png