As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lord of Ultima: Farmville with Dragons! … and bacon

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    52 seems pretty empty, I think people joining now should get it

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am on 52 in that alliance posted in the OP. I am just trying to figure out whats going on.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah. I would suggest if you are on 52, you join my alliance. It'd be much quicker for trades and assistance.

SeñorAmor on
    edited April 2010
    Send Galedrid an invite if you haven't Senor. I'll accept it in a bit, just raiding atm.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited April 2010
    I don't really see the point. I mean you can still trade with people on the continent and stuff in the other alliance. PLus you get to chat with ALL the pa mans.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm on continent 14, so I guess I suck.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited April 2010
    Hmmmm...

Maybe the per continent thing isn't really feasible/required.

Sonelan is right. it's not going to provide you with any more people to trade with making them so narrow, and it's certainly less people.

Besides once you get ports does it really matter?

EDIT: As I get the hang of this game I'm quickly realizing a fucked up my build bad and am now spending more time destroying buildings than I am building new ones. At least nothing was above level 3.

I wish I had known there was no reason to not build outside the center circle. So many better, more open spots elsewhere instead of shoving everything in little spaces, mills on single nodes, etc.

So many wasted resources.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited April 2010
    Sonelan wrote: »
    I don't really see the point. I mean you can still trade with people on the continent and stuff in the other alliance. PLus you get to chat with ALL the pa mans.

It just takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer.

SeñorAmor on
    edited April 2010
    If people on the same continent are in the alliance, regardless of what continent other people are in, you can still trade with them.

And later when you get ships and stuff and if you just need more partners, the option is there.

Plus, as he said, get a bigger alliance and more people to chit chat with instead of splintering everyone into little alliances everwhere.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited April 2010
    Fair enough. Perhaps we should should create the PennyArcade Alliance, then.

SeñorAmor on
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Due to some high level end game concerns having people not on the continent will be an issue, I do suggest people form them on the lands they are on as having the strength to keep your continent in order will be most beneficial.

If there are multiple alliances all working together then it would be for the best as each can support their own but also coordinate in the bigger picture.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, I'm on Continent 52 so I should probably form up with whoever else is there. Ingame name is Sojak, lets see if I can figure out how to leave my current alliance.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah i just left the other alliance as well. Could use an invite to the 52 alliance. Kiran is the game name.

Ash-Housewares on
    edited April 2010
    Send a mail to SenorAmor if you want an invite to the 52 alliance.

SeñorAmor on
  • AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just started up a city and was placed into c52.

I sent you a message, Senor.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So... should I remake or something until I'm on continent 52?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited April 2010
    Maybe. You're on world 3 right?

EDIT: I'm seeing considerably more towns on 52 than there was even last night. Folks need to get a move on.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited April 2010
    So what kind of troop numbers are required to take level 1 Forest Dungeons?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    So what kind of troop numbers are required to take level 1 Forest Dungeons?

I took 10 berzerkers several times and haven't lost a single one yet.

SeñorAmor on
    edited April 2010
    Ok, I've got 10 currently so I'll start working on the one next door to me.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ok, I've got 10 currently so I'll start working on the one next door to me.

I'm doing this as well, and I'm upgrading my TH and my buildings. My defences are my priority at the moment because i'm on 52 and in the last few days my neighbours have gone from 3 cities to about 11 within reasonable striking distance. I'm going major military for sure now.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Argh, I hit the play now button to screw around, then I registered an account. Now it's sticking me with the stupid town I built as a guest.. anyway to change this?

Edit: Also, please invite Littleboots

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, the night I started there was 1 city in my area besides me, now there are about 9. Though it looks like only 2-3 of them have gotten far enough in the tutorial to get the upgraded walls.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    So it seems like food is going to be the big limiting factor in this game? I've gotten all of my resources up to 300+ an hour so far but food, seems damn near impossible to manufacture in quantity.

Also, what determines your max army size?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    army size is determined by the level of your barracks.

300+ for resources is very small really, you need to built more strategic mills, more of them and buff them with cottages (and the buff buildings you get later like lumber yard).

As far as food goes you just need to dedicate the space to farms. You get a bonus to food for every "open" land near a farm, and a bigger bonus for touching lakes. So if you build your farms in the middle of crap they're going to give very terrible food production. But if you designate a large area, preferably near a lake, to a handful of farms they will outproduce enclosed farms several times over.

EDIT: Keep in mind that for all production buildings (and buff buildings) they get bonuses (and give) to all eight adjacent squares. One woodcutter surrounded by forests will give you more lumber/hr than 3 that are just touching one. Take a look at the screenshot in the OP for an idea of what I'm saying. The player didn't build all those things spread out because it looks nicer. It's because it's far more beneficial to do it that way and you want to take your time building and upgrading stuff in the "best" locations before you move to the ones that are only touching 2-3 resources. And often, if you can only touch one resource you can usually find better use for that land with something else.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited April 2010
    This is my second day of playing, which is why my resource production seems very small.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    I've only been playing 2 days. >.>

I wasn't ragging on you, just trying to point out strategery.

I build my entire city then realized after everything was level 2/3 that I did it terribly and then spend half of last night destroying most of my buildings and building them better. It was totally worth it.

Anyway, question for those who've played longer: Is level 10 the cap for every building? And are pretty much all building bonuses (speed, army size, etc) per city or does anything carry over to new cities?

The Dude With Herpes on

edited April 2010
    Welp I left the other alliance to join the 52 one. Dunno how my city looks but i have a ton of iron and stone and not much wood :(

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder how long it will take most of us to reach the point where we are ready to build a second city. Maybe we should start thinking about where to consolidate on the continent.

Selecta on
    MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If I am on continent 14 all by myself am I better off just starting over? That sucks. I hate continents.

Edit: Forgot a made a second account to see if they could help eachother but then abandoned it since it was on a different continent. On continent 52 to be specific. If someone could invite Sadsack to the 52 group it would be appreciated.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    invite me por favor.

bigity, world 3, continent 52

Bigity on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    that's some bullshit. Im on continent 41.
    :(

Deebaser on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cqan I build another city on the correct continent?

Deebaser on
    edited April 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Cqan I build another city on the correct continent?

If 52 isn't full. It seems that continents open up at random when another one is full. My first city was made after the initial thread was made, they were all on 40 something and I ended up on 14. A couple days later I made another one and got on 52 with everyone else who was starting at the time. If you make a character and you aren't on 52 it doesn't look like there is anyway to get onto it.

Also, thanks for the invite. Anyone from continent 52 is welcome to come visit Sadsack in Frowntown anytime.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hai, Alfod of Osirisburg on continent 12. I may just restart until I get 52 though as I am only one day in.

Question: Are multiple accounts allowed?

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
    edited April 2010
    JamesDM wrote: »
    Hai, Alfod of Osirisburg on continent 12. I may just restart until I get 52 though as I am only one day in.

Unless someone is in the know and can correct me, I don't think that is possible. If you aren't on 52 then I think 52 is full and everyone new is being sent to 12.

Dr. Face on
  • NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JamesDM wrote: »

I am on 12 as well, as Noquar.

Noquar on
    edited April 2010
    Everyone hold on to the Copper Medallion they give you during the tutorial. It seems broke right now, I just used mine and the timers on the construction queue didn't even budge.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Weird, mine have been working fine. Maybe it just broke yesterday?

Edit: Oh, there are two different medallions. One knocks .5 hour off contruction time, the other .5 hour off recruitment time. Is there a chance you used the recruitment one by accident?

Selecta on
    MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Looks like I am on 12 as well. I chose the avatar that looked like Gaius Baltar, so my name is GaiusBaltar

deveric on