As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME OVER - Camarilla Victory] Vampire: TPM, Final Night: The Curtain's Descent

• Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, if we vote Grundl in, and we Seer him tonight too, then tomorrow if he's not who he says he is, we can stake him.

And if we're lucky, he'll target one of us with his Prince-kill, and he'll die before it goes off, if I'm understanding the kill-order thing correctly.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, if we vote Grundl in, and we Seer him tonight too, then tomorrow if he's not who he says he is, we can stake him.

And if we're lucky, he'll target one of us with his Prince-kill, and he'll die before it goes off, if I'm understanding the kill-order thing correctly.

You're not. The Camarilla kill goes last out of all of them. Prince goes just before us.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Kilnaga wrote: »

You're not, the Camarilla kill goes last out of all of them, Prince just before us.

I thought the list given was the order of the people killed, not the people doing the killing? Otherwise, what's the Guardian doing on there?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

You're not, the Camarilla kill goes last out of all of them, Prince just before us.

I thought the list given was the order of the people killed, not the people doing the killing? Otherwise, what's the Guardian doing on there?

The guardian protection is enacted first that way even if he is killed by someone else his target is still guarded.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    guys Pokemon came out today (it is making it hard to concentrate)

I'm going to !vote for grundlterror for now, but if he doesn't make good on his offer of 'someone come out and vouch for me,' I'll totally go with changing that vote to red and voting someone else in instead.

No stake vote from me yet, I'll keep jamming F5 inbetween Pokeymans battles

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Abraham F. HawkAbraham F. Hawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I go with the flow then, I guess.

Lead us, !Prince grundlterror!

Abraham F. Hawk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007

The guardian protection is enacted first that way even if he is killed by someone else his target is still guarded.

Ah, alright.

Well then, nevermind.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ok guys, I didn't want to have to do this.....I have had at least one special come to me already.

I have a plan ready.

Elect me.

Seriously.

People have already risked a lot in coming to me before I have been found innocent.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    A side road, but I am reminded of words once left to me in a book:

In each case, the player with the next closest amount of votes becomes his Seneschal, who becomes Prince in the event of his death. If a Prince is removed, his Seneschal is removed with him.
    Ties will be determined by random number generation.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ok guys here is what I've decided to do:

I will reveal my family name, unless anyone objects (I want to make sure we have the best plan). I will do this in about 20 minutes (unless someone has a problem with waiting that long, then I'll just reveal it as soon as that person posts). This gives time for some objecting to my plan. After my family name is revealed if I am not in your family and I post your family name, call me out. I don't see this being a problem, because the only people who would call me out would be a baddie who we could easily kill tonight (or tomorrow if you believe him over me, but we can cross that road when we get to it).

After (if) I become prince, I will ask all the specials to send me a PM (make sure you are all invis, even if you are not a special). If I get more than one seer contact me then I will ask the seers to seer one of the specials, family members or just any other player I have info about and report the correct information back to me. This will hopefully root out the valid seer and bag us a baddie. Other than that I really don't see any other hitches in the plan... and then I can reveal my family name and still verify the seer. And although it might take longer, we would actually have a better chance of catching a baddie if two seers contacted me.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, this really got off the ground early, didn't it? More or less just putting my post up here to show that I'm aware that the games has started, and to stop myself being zilched for non-participation.

As for the Grundl-situation... I'm inclined to believe that he's telling the truth, but I'm also concerned that the math is really bad right now. With only six days, and at least eight people (or 9 - 11 depending on how you count the Kuei jin and Assamites) to kill, things are going to have to go really well for us to win. Like, really well. I'm concerned that if the Sabbat has done the math they might be willing to gamble a member in order to waste a night for us. That said, there's nothing better going right now, so I'll probably go along with the Grundl-plan for now.

Unless something better comes along.

*shrug*

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Ok guys, I didn't want to have to do this.....I have had at least one special come to me already.

I have a plan ready.

Elect me.

Seriously.

People have already risked a lot in coming to me before I have been found innocent.

Historians wildly remarked this as a poor move. I could claim anything in private, up to and including being King of Spain.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »

I have a plan ready.

Elect me.

Seriously.

Historians wildly remarked this as a poor move. I could claim anything in private, up to and including being King of Spain.
    We'll see. There is no reason for a normal person to lie like this. They are either specials, or they are Sabbat. Either way, they will be of use to us.

Elect me. Take a friggin' chance. You'll be glad you did.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Nosferatu may PM me once per evening with the player they would like seered, and this will reveal that Kindred's clan and/or affiliation. Be warned: not all clans are as they seem.

I just wanted to point this out. I'm not pointing fingers right now, but did we ever get an answer on whether or not there are hidden rules in the game? If so, we need to be careful about some folks going forward proclaiming to be a special.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    @TehSpectre: Electing you would seem rather a waste now, having already outed one of the members of one of the families. So if we elect and protect you, we kill a special. Or we can elect and protect the special and let you flop in the wind, leaving you (a non-special. at least you claim to be) at the mercy of The Assamites and The Sabbat.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    The Nosferatu may PM me once per evening with the player they would like seered, and this will reveal that Kindred's clan and/or affiliation. Be warned: not all clans are as they seem.

I just wanted to point this out. I'm not pointing fingers right now, but did we ever get an answer on whether or not there are hidden rules in the game? If so, we need to be careful about some folks going forward proclaiming to be a special.

I took that to mean that there are antitribu in some of the clans, (probably brujah and toreador unless we are totally screwed and some of the specials are bad guys, but thats wildly unbalancing).

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I just want to say that the OP in the sign up thread mentioned that antitribu (sabbat members in "good" clans) were part of the sabbat forces. So even if someone proves that they are a brujah or a toreador, that does not mean crap. Hopefully none of the good specials or families are infested with sabbat (though that is a possibility).

So I will ask to clarify: (in case he changed his mind since the sign up thread)
    CJ Iwakura: Are there sabbat members in the camarilla clans?

There are Antitribu in this game. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess.

@Ardor: Appearantly there are members of The Sabbat listed under the banner of our Camarilla clans. Although which clans, who, and how many, remain to be seen.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Elect me. Take a friggin' chance. You'll be glad you did.

Umm... No!

I vote grundelterror to be our prince

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    @TehSpectre: Electing you would seem rather a waste now, having already outed one of the members of one of the families. So if we elect and protect you, we kill a special. Or we can elect and protect the special and let you flop in the wind, leaving you (a non-special. at least you claim to be) at the mercy of The Assamites and The Sabbat.
    I will be protected tonight. Don't worry about that. As I said, I have my allies.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just want to say that the OP in the sign up thread mentioned that antitribu (sabbat members in "good" clans) were part of the sabbat forces. So even if someone proves that they are a brujah or a toreador, that does not mean crap. Hopefully none of the good specials or families are infested with sabbat (though that is a possibility).

So I will ask to clarify: (in case he changed his mind since the sign up thread)

@Ardor: Appearantly there are members of The Sabbat listed under the banner of our Camarilla clans. Although which clans, who, and how many, remain to be seen.

Right, but how does that affect the nosferatu seering? ...

Serpent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I will be protected tonight. Don't worry about that. As I said, I have my allies.

Then the gangrel is a fricking idiot and anyways thats the last straw

!vote tehspectre

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So i think it's pretty obvious either grundl or tehspectre are evil, or our specials are kinda dumb.

Serpent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

That'd be a pretty wasteful use of the gangrel. :\
    Wouldn't we want to protect the prince-to-be?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

!vote tehspectre
    So, you would kill me, even though I have the trust of one of the Gangrel? I'm sorry, that would make you an idiot.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Serpent wrote: »

Looking at the Brujah description, I'm betting that half of them will be Camarilla and half will be Sabbat, or possibly another neutral group with their own victory conditions.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Alright, so I suggest that we vote in a non-special as vice prince (so I guess we should elect TehSpectre). He was seering target number one, because I don't think anyone can argue that he would not be a huge asset to the network, but we have to prove his innocence first. Since he is not a special, he will need to be seer'd. However, it does make me nervous that there can be hidden baddie in one of our good clans, can the seer not see this? Either way, I think seering TehSpectre (either tonight if you guys trust me enough, or tomorrow if you want the seer to verify me) would be our best course of action. I recommend seering him tonight to get the ball rolling though.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007

There are 2 gangrel.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

!vote tehspectre
    So, you would kill me, even though I have the trust of one of the Gangrel? I'm sorry, that would make you an idiot.

I think that would make the gangrel an idiot for trusting you.

Serpent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

If we are really screwed the seer can only determine what clan they are in and that is all. So antitribu are hidden even from seers.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

There are 2 gangrel.
    The Rules wrote:
    If the Gangrel himself is targeted, he will die, but the Kindred under his protection will survive.
    The Gangrel can not protect himself, only others.

this is very singular. you are full of shit. I !vote TehSpectre

Serpent on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There are 2 gangrel.
    Do they each guard each night, or is it only one that guards per night?

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

!vote tehspectre

I think that would make the gangrel an idiot for trusting you.

Yeah. !vote tehspectre

edit: decoloured quote-vote

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Do not fear, Gnasty is here! Now all I have to do is read the thread. I will return and let you all know exactly what we must do if we wish eliminate our numerous enemies, because I am awesome and know all.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    There are 2 gangrel.
    Do they each guard each night, or is it only one that guards per night?

From the OP The gangrel can protect one person per night... I think there is only one.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Also, !vote Grundlterror

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Alright, and since no one has objected to the plan I will reveal my family name!

I am of the Ventrue.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Wow, you guys are jerks. Go look at the pregame sign up. He had it listed as 1 - 2 Gangrel. With the game this size, I figured there would be two since he was aready debating putting two in the game.

Great kill me. Waste of a fucking day. This is what I get for going out on a limb and trying to save the day.

I really hope you guys reconsider.

Edit: You guys can really kiss my ass. No one is going to say Gangrels, as Gangrel is a plural. Also, look at the fucking kill order list:

Kill Priority
    Guardians > Kuei-Jin > Assamites > Sabbat > Prince > Camarilla

Notice the s in guadians.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think the first thing we should do is establish that everyone is here. We can determine the plan of action soon thereafter.

From what I've seen from the postcounts, we only have had 39 people post in the thread, out of 47 players + the host.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

If we are really screwed the seer can only determine what clan they are in and that is all. So antitribu are hidden even from seers.

I'm hoping that that's where the Malkavian insight comes in... it would make sense that they're the ones who sniff out the antitribu.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Wow, you guys are jerks. Go look at the pregame sign up. He had it listed as 1 - 2 Gangrel. With the game this size, I figured there would be two since he was aready debating putting two in the game.

Great kill me. Waste of a fucking day. This is what I get for going out on a limb and trying to save the day.

I really hope you guys reconsider.

you could always ask CJ to revise the rules to be correct then. Currently, the grammar from the rules in this game talk about 'The Gangrel' which is pretty damn singular.

Perhaps 'the gangrel' who revealed himself to you is a sabbat, hmm?

either way, i'm going to say that 1. you are making a mistake if you trust the gangrel to be who he is; and 2. the gangrel is making a mistake if he actually came forward to you.

Serpent on