As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME OVER - Camarilla Victory] Vampire: TPM, Final Night: The Curtain's Descent

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    @ TehSpectre: I think whatever Gangrel aligned with you this early should be staked for stupidity. I could have swore we asked all specials to not contact you. We have no idea if we can trust you until you are seered. If you do end up being a member of the Sabbat (or something worse) then it would be too late to remove you from the seat of prince. Giving the badguys an extra vigilante kill, and the name of one of the guardians.

At least in grundl's case he has other members of his family that could come forward and vouch for him.

Honestly I'd rather see Grundl get elected with his family member as his Seneschal, and then having both of our Gangrel's protect them.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Unless TehSpectre is talking out of his ass, the Gangrel is active at least.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Serpent wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Wow, you guys are jerks. Go look at the pregame sign up. He had it listed as 1 - 2 Gangrel. With the game this size, I figured there would be two since he was aready debating putting two in the game.

Great kill me. Waste of a fucking day. This is what I get for going out on a limb and trying to save the day.

I really hope you guys reconsider.

you could always ask CJ to revise the rules to be correct then. Currently, the grammar from the rules in this game talk about 'The Gangrel' which is pretty damn singular.

Perhaps 'the gangrel' who revealed himself to you is a sabbat, hmm?

either way, i'm going to say that 1. you are making a mistake if you trust the gangrel to be who he is; and 2. the gangrel is making a mistake if he actually came forward to you.
    Go read my edit. No one is gonna say Toreadors either. They would refer to the clan as The Toreador.

Rules read just fine.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow, you guys are jerks. Go look at the pregame sign up. He had it listed as 1 - 2 Gangrel. With the game this size, I figured there would be two since he was aready debating putting two in the game.

Great kill me. Waste of a fucking day. This is what I get for going out on a limb and trying to save the day.

you could always ask CJ to revise the rules to be correct then. Currently, the grammar from the rules in this game talk about 'The Gangrel' which is pretty damn singular.

either way, i'm going to say that 1. you are making a mistake if you trust the gangrel to be who he is; and 2. the gangrel is making a mistake if he actually came forward to you.
    Go read my edit. No one is gonna say Toreadors either. They would refer to the clan as The Toreador.

Rules read just fine.
    They'd also say 'they' and 'are' instead of 'he' and 'is', if they were handling it that way. :\

INeedNoSalt on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was assuming that there are two of each of the special clans, and 3 of the family clans. I could be wrong, but I believe there are two Nosferatu, so one can use his power on TehSpectre, and the other can use it on Grundlterror. Plus I assume that there are two Gangrel as well, so one could be guarding TehSpectre (as he claims), and the other could be protecting someone else (hopefully Grundlterror)

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Rules read just fine.

The rules read just for for a singular gangel. It would say 'if a gangrel is targeted...' if there was more.

unless cj it bad with grammar.

Serpent on
    edited April 2007

Rules read just fine.

I think we're just going to need a clarification on this. It's kind of important to know.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I could completely see Tehspectre pulling a Rygar right here and getting some innocents who contacted him killed. No offense to any of these plans, but with nine or ten people unaccounted for, nobody should be risking anything on plans that require the participation of certain roles until we can be sure that everyone is here.

Plutonium on
    edited April 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    I was assuming that there are two of each of the special clans, and 3 of the family clans. I could be wrong, but I believe there are two Nosferatu, so one can use his power on TehSpectre, and the other can use it on Grundlterror. Plus I assume that there are two Gangrel as well, so one could be guarding TehSpectre (as he claims), and the other could be protecting someone else (hopefully Grundlterror)
    At this point Zerinan, this is what we like to call a bandwagon. It is currently day one. My bandwagon is gaining steam. At this point most of the players will not listen to reason and are going to kill me no matter what I or anyone else says.

Even on day one I try to avoid bandwagoning someone.

Edit: Plutonium, I have no intention of revealing who has contacted me. I am also not spewing bullshit. I am not pulling a Rygar in any way.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    tehspectre is right, it does say 'guardians' in kill priority.

the rest of the post talks about a singular guardian (if the gangrel is targeted instead of if a gangrel is targeted, blah blah), but it does say 'guardians' in priority.

cj is messin' with us.

Serpent on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, wait, is Grundl an outed special or something?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited April 2007

Rules read just fine.

The rules read just for for a singular gangel. It would say 'if a gangrel is targeted...' if there was more.

unless cj it bad with grammar.
    I am putting most of my argument into his kill priority list, which says guardians. Note the bolded s.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    Grundl claims he's a Ventrue - which we can [cautiously] assume to be true if no other Ventrues claim otherwise.

INeedNoSalt on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Edit: You guys can really kiss my ass. No one is going to say Gangrels, as Gangrel is a plural. Also, look at the fucking kill order list:

Kill Priority
    Guardians > Kuei-Jin > Assamites > Sabbat > Prince > Camarilla

Notice the s in guadians.

On the left, we'll see a man in parallel universe, proclaimed himself a master tactician.

Why just the other day, I, myself was a normal man on a spaceship. What bearing does this have on the here and now, you ask. Delusions of grandeur, we must listen to this man, for he has been right. Somewhere else. Somewhere...special.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TehSpectre, you haven't answered my question, and I don't know if you just missed it or don't know.

If each of the Gangrel get a guard each night, then you and Grundlterror can be guarded and there'll be no worries whatsoever.

Yes, I'm assuming both of you are good guys, since I think that with the numbers the baddies have, there's no need for them to come out and be crazy, since the game looks weighted in their favor. For this reason, I'm gonna argue against staking TehSpectre, since I don't know why one of the baddies would do this. It doesn't make sense to me.

Buzz Buzz on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    At this point Zerinan, this is what we like to call a bandwagon. It is currently day one. My bandwagon is gaining steam. At this point most of the players will not listen to reason and are going to kill me no matter what I or anyone else says.

Even on day one I try to avoid bandwagoning someone.

Edit: Plutonium, I have no intention of revealing who has contacted me. I am also not spewing bullshit. I am not pulling a Rygar in any way.

Yeah, I hate the bandwagon too.

Seriously though, I'm not sure why you're being bandwagoned. I'm currently of the opinion that both you and Grundl are on the level, and there's just been some disagreement on the mechanics of planning. To be honest, given that we know so little of your plan and the obvious difficulties in bringing Grundl's to a positive resolution, I'm disinclined to support either. I'm also strongly disinclined to stake either of you... yet.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited April 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Edit: You guys can really kiss my ass. No one is going to say Gangrels, as Gangrel is a plural. Also, look at the fucking kill order list:

Kill Priority
    Guardians > Kuei-Jin > Assamites > Sabbat > Prince > Camarilla

Notice the s in guadians.

On the left, we'll see a man in parallel universe, proclaimed himself a master tactician.

Why just the other day, I, myself was a normal man on a spaceship. What bearing does this have on the here and now, you ask. Delusions of grandeur, we must listen to this man, for he has been right. Somewhere else. Somewhere...special.
    I love you, even if you're bad at chess.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited April 2007
    Grundl claims he's a Ventrue - which we can [cautiously] assume to be true if no other Ventrues claim otherwise.
    So one person is going to seer him, and the other will seer Spectre...how are they supposed to know who's seering who, though?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited April 2007
    if there are more than one gangrel (say, 2), and they each get a protection that night (which the rules imply they would), then they can protect each other.

If this is true, this game has an instant network button of two gangrel coming forward and protecting each other.

there is something fishy in the rules i think.

Serpent on
    edited April 2007
    I'm not saying we stake you tonight Spectre. If there honestly are 2 of each Gangrel and Nosferatu then I suggest we set the vote to have both you and Grundl elected, one as Prince, the other his Seneschal. Guard and seer both of you tonight to confirm that you are innocents. Although I have no idea if the seers and guardians know other seers and guardians, or if they are specials flying solo, might make it harder to set up who is targeting whom for guarding/seering.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    edited April 2007
    So one person is going to seer him, and the other will seer Spectre...how are they supposed to know who's seering who, though?
    I hope that is how it goes. Some people are calling for another family member to out himself to validate Grundl as well as run for 2nd place prince. This is stupid. I am already out, supposedly protected by a Gangrel, why the hell am I being staked?

I should be seered, not killed.

Edit: So that we have each seer, seer a different person, we can try another gamble. Go with alphabetical order. If you have a name starting very low on the alphabet, seer me, and if not, go for Grundl. Chances are we will get both of us seered this way.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    I'm not saying we stake you tonight Spectre. If there honestly are 2 of each Gangrel and Nosferatu then I suggest we set the vote to have both you and Grundl elected, one as Prince, the other his Seneschal. Guard and seer both of you tonight to confirm you innocents. Although I have no idea if the seers and guardians know other seers and guardians, or if they are specials flying solo, might make it harder to set up who is targeting whom for guarding/seering.

I had mentioned it prior, the election process, but if anyone read it I knew not.

Also, while I have detracted our Toreador brethren's stance, I urge the council to reconsider his death.

EvilBadman on
    edited April 2007
    if there are more than one gangrel (say, 2), and they each get a protection that night (which the rules imply they would), then they can protect each other.

If this is true, this game has an instant network button of two gangrel coming forward and protecting each other.

I was under the impression (and I don't know why -- I can't find anything to back this up) that there are multiple guardians with powers that work on alternating nights. So, several guardians, one safe person per voting period.

I could be totally wrong though. Or flashing back to Phallas past.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited April 2007
    Does anyone have the current vote count? I'd like to see where we stand on election votes.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Everyone is targeting TheSpectre, but EvilBadMan's words are... intriguing, to say the least.

Therefore, I'd rather select someone else for staking, for tonight at least. Tell me, is there anyone who has been voted for other than Spectre?

DarkPrimus on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

I was under the impression (and I don't know why -- I can't find anything to back this up) that there are multiple guardians with powers that work on alternating nights. So, several guardians, one safe person per voting period.

Yeah, that was the Phalliad, which had two guardians and three seers, who worked on alternating nights.

Also, how does the Giovanni work? Does it bring back people from the dead, or let them post, or even find out who killed them?

Plutonium on
    edited April 2007
    @BuzzBuzz -> I can be protected from the baddies, sure. If I get staked though, I am still gonna die.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited April 2007
    This...this is really fucking confusing. So, Grundl is a special, and we are electing him to be prince. Meanwhile, Spectre is also a special, but we don't trust him as much. So the two seers and the guardians should protect and seer them, but because the guardians and the seers don't know each other, it's likely that the same person will be seered and guarded twice.

Am I in the ballpark?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Everyone is targeting TheSpectre, but EvilBadMan's words are... intriguing, to say the least.

Therefore, I'd rather select someone else for staking, for tonight at least. Tell me, is there anyone who has been voted for other than Spectre?

One plays the part one is assigned.

While I imagine my musing are entertaining, I am not using them to secure innocence or survival.

EvilBadman on
    edited April 2007

Grundl and Gnasty both have at least one vote. Not sure why DA voted for Gnasty, though.

Votes for staking, that is.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited April 2007

When scosglen and I were KGB, we had to decide together who to protect and we couldn't protect each other. There are no rules like that in this one though... the gangrel just can't protect himself (singular), it says nothing about not protecting another gangrel.

I really think we need some rules clarification, unless these rules are what they are.

Serpent on
    edited April 2007
    Current tally (by my count):
    Execution
    TehSpectre 3
    Diggerdude 1
    V2-Gundam 1
    Ardor 1
    Gnasty 1
    Grundlterror 1

Prince
    Grundlterror 13
    TehSpectre 4
    Ardor 1
    Locus 1
    Kilnaga 1
    Psycholarry1 1
    Evilbadman 1

Since we supposedly have on Gangrel on TehSpectre already I think the other needs to be protecting me, since they can't communicate yet. Otherwise, people just need to get on and at least make a post since I came out and said I was a Ventrue.... maybe we can get this network thing started early (since the odds are so stacked against us, we should get started asap). Also, don't vote to kill TehSpectre tonight. He says he has a plan... he's got some support... he will obviously be seer'd as soon as possible (and he knew that, speaking up like he did) so I don't think he would be a baddie.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »

Yeah, that was the Phalliad, which had two guardians and three seers, who worked on alternating nights.

*Forehead slap.* Riiight.

I'll shut up now.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited April 2007
    This...this is really fucking confusing. So, Grundl is a special, and we are electing him to be prince. Meanwhile, Spectre is also a special, but we don't trust him as much. So the two seers and the guardians should protect and seer them, but because the guardians and the seers don't know each other, it's likely that the same person will be seered and guarded twice.

Am I in the ballpark?

Spectre's claiming not to be a special, he's just a run o' the mill Toreador.

Not a very poetic Toreador, though.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited April 2007

Am I in the ballpark?
    I am not a special. I am in contact with one or more (supposed) specials however.

Edit: To each their own art my dear Salt. I am more of a goth rocker/charcoal artist than I am a poet.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited April 2007
    I !vote Grundlterror
    I got nothing else to contribute.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited April 2007

Am I in the ballpark?
    I am not a special. I am in contact with one or more (supposed) specials however.
    Damn. Close, though. This should prove to be an interesting game with all the clans.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited April 2007
    Well since I have no earthly idea what the current vote count is for election at the moment, I will go on the assumption Grundl is winning by a good margin and !retract my vote for myself, and place a !vote for TehSpectre.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
    edited April 2007

Am I in the ballpark?

Spectre's claiming not to be a special, he's just a run o' the mill Toreador.

Not a very poetic Toreador, though.

I recall his mention of painting, but that is splitting hairs. In the argument I mean, I have never come across a barber Toreador.

EvilBadman on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Grundl and Gnasty both have at least one vote. Not sure why DA voted for Gnasty, though.

Votes for staking, that is.

Er, then for the time being, I shall !vote Gnasty. Yes, barring any semi-valid suspicions of other folks, that shall be my vote for the time being.

<<OOC: My mother has to use the tubes for a while, so if something comes up where any sane person would change their vote and I don't, it is because I wasn't able to.>>

DarkPrimus on