As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Phantastic Revolution, Prologue: GAME OVER, Ixbilt victory!

LucedesLucedes might be realRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Critical Failures
Phantastic Revolution, Prologue

Hello! This is a Phalla! If you don't know what that is, click here: link.

Theme:

You are visiting the town of Velraub, a pleasant port town on the edge of the sea, the forest, and the mountains. Three distinct political entities are gently bidding for control of the town, and have each dispatched a group of worthy and loyal contenders for its future rulership. These entities are Marana, the Kingdom of Beasts, where beast-people gather in the forests to serve their King; Ixbilt, the Machine Empire, whose loyal servants both human and robotic value technical achievement above all else; and Ereyan, the Arcane Republic, whose selected representatives wield vast political and magical power, often irresponsibly.

Things are not so simple, however: there are those who oppose these great states, and those who oppose those who oppose them. The strife has even awakened a number of powerful and ancient entities, whose elemental natures draw them into conflict once again. Private interests draw a diverse cast of characters into the struggle. These warring groups, with motives both open and hidden, have declared a local war on one another, with the town of Velraub as its prize. The violence will continue until a clear winner emerges, and all of the survivors can agree on the new political order.

Mechanics:

You must vote every night in bold red for someone you suspect to be hostile to you.

In this game, the vote has an additional significance. Whoever wins the most votes is removed from the game, as always. However, some characters also add secondary votes to their vote-target, in addition to the primary vote. Secondary votes come in three types: Natural, Technical, and Magical. Whoever wins the most of any type of secondary vote also gets a kill on them, of the corresponding type of vote. Secondary votes do not stack with primary votes or alter them in any way. This mechanic will be most familiar if you played in the Color Wheel Phalla.

Another mechanic also features prominently: Attacks and Wounds. If you are attacked, and you have no protection, you will be Wounded. If you are attacked while Wounded, you die. If you suffer two Wounds in the same night, you die. While Wounded, you cannot use your special power, but you may still vote, and your vote still carries any additional effects it normally has. If you are not attacked while Wounded, you recover after two days of being wounded, at the start of the day. For example, if you are Attacked on Night One, you recover from your wound at the start of Day Four, and are Wounded for Day Two and Day Three.

Some characters are more resilient. This is reflected by Toughness. Toughness downgrades a Kill into a Wound, or negates a Wound entirely, and then vanishes. Some characters are Very Tough, and can soak two Wounds or a full Kill and suffer no ill effect. One character is Incredibly Tough. When in doubt about how kills and wounds interact, assume that a Wound is worth half of a Kill. In addition to Toughness, some characters are Immune to particular types of Kills and Attacks, so type is occasionally critical.

The wounded will be listed in the narration, as well as in the second post.

For the Discriminating and the Curious:

This is a faction game. There are no conversions. You share win conditions with anyone with whom you begin masoned. There is no manipulation of the primary vote. Ties are won by the first person to reach the winning number of votes. The winner of each secondary vote is announced each night, as are the wounded. There is no use of the RNG after roles are assigned. You are notified if your power is redirected, blocked, or ineffective, and which.

Ask for further clarifications in bold orange, and I will reply.

Technical Matters:

Please do not engage in commonly-taboo practices during this Phalla. These includes quoting role PMs directly, forwarding messages, taking screencaps of PMs, editing a vote post, and a few other things. You may, depending on the severity of your indiscretion, be removed from the game.

You must make two posts and vote each day to be considered active. Inactives will be replaced by reserves, or destroyed if none are available. I will be more lenient while there are more players, due to my own inexperience, but will try to remain consistent. Please point out any inconsistencies.

Vote closes at 9pm PST. This is 12pm EST and 5am GMT, if I understand time zones correctly. Actions before the hour (:59) are counted, actions after the hour (:00) are not.

Lucedes on

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Narrations:

Arrival
    Growing Hostilities
    Rumor and Speculation
    War Breaks Out
    A Long Night
    High Noon Showdown
    A Matter of Philosophy
    The Final Revolution

Survivors:

The Cow King : Ixbilt Replicator
    The_Reflection : Ixbilt Engineer

TheLawinator : Ereyan Oracle
    WhiteWolf : Ereyan Illusionist

Dead:

Malkor : Marana Seductress
    Zandracon: Marana Chief

The Anonymous : Marana Scout.
    simulacrum : Marana Hunter.
    NotoriusBEN : Marana Stalwart.
    Phyphor: Ixbilt Strategist.

Delphinidaes : Ixbilt Assistant Mechanist
    Alegis : Ixbilt Chief Mechanist
    Eipnoom : Ereyan Magician.
    Ringo : Ereyan Doppelganger
    Toxic Toys : Ereyan Trickster

lonelyahava : Atreya, of the Beast Slayers.
    ronrab : Werthington, of the Beast Slayers.
    Foolproof : Sunflower, Summer Druid of the Thicket Druids.
    Frostmist : Snowpetal, Winter Druid of the Thicket Druids.
    CoreGoon : Vash, of the Witch Hunters.
    kime : Captain Roberts, Scourge of the Fanged Isles and last of the Velraub Pirates
    simonwolf : Scurvy Jones, of the Velraub Pirates.
    Alazull : The Dread Pirate Lancaster, of the Velraub Pirates.
    Dunadan019 : The Observer, a solitary figure.
    kuhlmeye : Vampire Lord Aeventine, a solitary figure.

Removed Due to Inactivity:

Arivia : Raleigh, of the Witch Hunters.

Victorious:

vagrant_winds : The Great Beast, a solitary figure.
    Keika : Verbose, Scholarly Philosopher of the Philosopher's Guild.
    REG Rysk : Sleight, Tinkering Philosopher of the Philosopher's Guild.

samurai6966 : Ardor, Natural Philosopher of the Philosopher's Guild.
    The Cow King : Ixbilt Replicator
    The_Reflection : Ixbilt Engineer

Phyphor: Ixbilt Strategist.[/B]
    Delphinidaes : Ixbilt Assistant Mechanist
    Alegis : Ixbilt Chief Mechanist

Clarifications:

If you have an Attack power that also has a secondary effect, you may use it and decline to use the Attack portion.

The secondary vote is treated the same as the primary vote, except its kill is typed and it is cast only by those who have its type added to their vote. If there is a tie, the tie rules go into effect.

Innate Qualities are not the same as Powers, nor are these the same as Win Conditions. Innate Qualities include Toughness, Vote Type, and a few other things. Win Conditions include faction and win condition.

The primary vote is a guaranteed removal from the game. A secondary vote cannot be redirected by anything, but can be survived with Toughness or similar effects.

Innate Qualities that add vote-effects are still active while you are wounded. Powers are ineffective and cannot be used (or do not take effect) while you are wounded. Just a preemptive note for your calculations, if any.

Wounds have been made simpler and slightly more serious. You are now wounded for two days after you are attacked, and recover at the start of the third day.

You cannot use your power if you are wounded.
    Your qualities, such as your innate secondary vote, are unaffected by wounds.
    Passive powers are disabled while you remain wounded.

If you recover during the night, your power is available again the next day.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    signup

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Minor Second on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dance Dance Revolution!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

simulacrum on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !i'm in

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !Oh alright

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    WhiteWolfWhiteWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

WhiteWolf on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !Sign up

About to be dead in phalla effect anyway!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !Sign Up

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !cyborg furry mages go

ronrab on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    sure!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !sign up for faction goodness

Phyphor on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh Goodie! Time to slab people in the back!!!!

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This sounds fun :P.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !signup

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh Goodie! Time to slab people in the back!!!!

Or get stabbed in the back!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    EipnoomEipnoom Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Signup!

It's been a while and I miss some phalla goodness.

Eipnoom on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    sounds fun

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ice cream.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !Sign me up

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Half life mini should be over soon or at least my worries in it are.

Sign-up

Alegis on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What Alegis Said

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Malkor

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    CoreGoonCoreGoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Let's see if I can survive this one then.

For Science!

CoreGoon on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Signup for great justice!

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    in woo

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    me too

simonwolf on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Signups have filled, but reserves are still very welcome!

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Role PMs are going out now. Most of you will get both a Faction PM and a Role PM, so don't worry.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Damn it, missed another one ><

Hippie on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Heeeeeyyyy.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hippie wrote: »
    Damn it, missed another one ><
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwrodxghrw

Sorry, just thought it was appropriate for your situation.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Reserves are encouraged. I am encouraging you to reserve. Also, PMs are out. Please let me know if you did not get one, or if it is wrong somehow, or if you want further power clarification. For the most part, your powers should be fairly intuitive, and work the way you would think they do.

With that aside...

Welcome to the Revolution! Day One ends Tuesday, April 20th, 9pm PST / 12pm EST.

Arrival

It is a pleasant day in the town of Velraub – sunny, with warm breezes from the south mingling into the ocean air. It would have been a much more pleasant day if three different groups hadn't discovered each other's presence.

“What do you mean by 'travelers from Ixbilt?' The damn machineheads are making a move on this town? We got here first! That's not fair!” While the head beast-man stormed and raged, his compatriots began thinking about possible attack plans.

“We've... sighted a party from Marana, and a few mages from Ereyan. Please advise, sir.” The robot waited for orders. After a short time, the strategist spoke.
    “We had hoped for an unopposed diplomatic opportunity. Sadly, knowing our opposition, this is not going to be effective. Kill them as quickly and efficiently as possible.”
    “Yes, sir.”

“Do you mean to say we've arrived at the same time as emissaries from both other powers?”
    “I knew this was going to happen.”
    “You always say that!”
    “I'm always right, aren't I?” The mages smiled. This was the perfect opportunity to demonstrate their superior power.

Meanwhile, a number of other, smaller groups responded to the growing chaos in different ways. Some polished their weapons, some said prayers, some communed with nature, some drank and loaded their guns. A few sat in thought, overjoyed about the foreigners and apprehensive of the violence. Someone smiled, in the darkness, and stretched their ancient limbs for the first time in a full decade. Something sniffed the air expectantly, then bounded toward Velraub, urgently searching... but what for? Somewhere else, a tiny light changed from red to green, and several hissing noises and beeps were heard.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dunadan.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Awww. Beat to the Dunadan vote.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //