As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MotW 04/17/10 -- The Flash relaunch was actually really good

2»

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I buy Vertigo floppies still. It's just the way Fables is set up right now it just started a new arc (Pinocchio confronting the Blue Fairy was a nice touch), and Jack of Fables has been good but the real reveal comes next issue.

And Cinderella just finished up. Unwritten is still good but it doesn't have a wow moment every issue, just consistent with the premise. And I haven't gotten around to reading the last two Daytripper issues.

Greek Street I'll trade wait for though, the same with Xanadu.

TexiKen on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I trade wait all of Vertigo

MastaP on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I don't touch Vertigo floppies. I wait for trade wait Madame Xanadu (my favourite), House of Mystery, Fables and Jack of Fables (which I'm way behind on).

Oh and I'm still waiting for DC to release the second Seaguy trade, the useless gits.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i read DMZ in trade and i was reading Fables and Jack of Fables in trade but i'm dropping it after i finally get around to getting the War and Pieces trade as it doesn't hold my interest anymore and that seems like a good place to stop.

i am planning on reading the unwritten in trade. i'd love to find a vertigo or indie series i follow from day one in floppies but i just don't have a good place to store them. i have plenty of book shelf space for trades.

Rans on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Loki:Siege was worth every penny. Heck he would have been worth American pennies. Flipped through the Captain America:Siege but didn't get it for one simple yet silly reason
    The bad guy giving Steve&Buck a hard time had daggers for hands. Normally that is awesome but against two Captain America's I couldn't figure out how he didn't go down in a single page.

Caveman Paws on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When in doubt, the answer is always "Magic!" (with the exclamation point).

Crimsondude on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Comics!

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    edited April 2010
    Oops. You're right. I'm mixing up my RPGs and comics again.

Crimsondude on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Loki:Siege was worth every penny. Heck he would have been worth American pennies. Flipped through the Captain America:Siege but didn't get it for one simple yet silly reason
    The bad guy giving Steve&Buck a hard time had daggers for hands. Normally that is awesome but against two Captain America's I couldn't figure out how he didn't go down in a single page.

Was it Razor Fist

Tell me it was Razor Fist

Green on
    edited April 2010
    Green wrote: »

Was it Razor Fist

Tell me it was Razor Fist
    Yes it was Razor Fist
    I'm a johnny-come-lately to Cap so this is one of the few times I've actually seen
    Razor Fist
    and payed attention to him (I tend to not waste brain space with characters I can plainly see will never be interesting ever).

Also this review from CBR says more eloquently than I did my exact feelings towards the villian in question
    Razor-Fist comes off as a credible threat against the two of them, possibly a little too credible. He is, after all, a D-lister and shouldn’t pose such problems for one Captain America, let alone two.

Caveman Paws on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Razor Fist is the absolute best villain

I HAVE TRADED MY ABILITY TO USE A VARIETY OF WEAPONS FOR THESE VERY SPECIFIC ONES

ALSO MY ABILITY TO OPEN DOORS

Green on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know Razor Fist must have really really fucking awesome personal skills, every time he wants to commit a crime he's not only got to find a get away driver but somebody to come along on the heist to open the doors, carry the bags of money and just about everything else.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha that is hilariously awful.

250px-Razor_fist.jpg

How does he wipe?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    he doesn't

why do you think he's so upset all the time

Diablo Fett on
    edited April 2010
    Haha it just keeps going. How did he put his shoes on? Or his hat?

There is no end to the things you can't do when you've got daggers to hands.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Virral wrote: »
    Haha it just keeps going. How did he put his shoes on? Or his hat?

There is no end to the things you can't do when you've got daggers to hands.

Don't tell him what he can't do.

Also, he uses a bidet and utilizes a group of helper monkeys.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2010
    Lets pretend for a moment that he has detachable robot hands. He couldn't put them on!

I want to shake this guy by the hand. Oh wait!

I'm finding this far more amusing than it should be :D

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited April 2010
    You know maybe Razor Fist isn't actually a villain at all, he was just some average guy who was walking home, got kidnapped by a mad scientist and had his arms replaced with swords. He can't take the damn things off by himself so he's always in search of somebody to take them off for him.

Can you imagine how insanely pissed off you'd be if every time you tried to get somebody to help you take the swords off your stumps some arsehole in a costume showed up and beat the shit out of you.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Haha oh my god, I just spent a minute or two giggling hysterically after reading his wiki page.
    Each Razor Fist is highly skilled in multiple forms of hand to razor fist combat

Bwahahahahaha

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Hang on "Each Razor Fist!?" are you telling me the Marvel universe has multiple people stupid enough to think that chopping their hands off and replacing them with swords was a good idea?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    His nemesis should be a guy who dual wields scabbards.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In the wake of the great supervillain breakout in the pages of New Avengers, Razor Fist escaped along with all the other villains.[12] He has recently appeared in the Toxin miniseries. There, he replaced both of his prosthetic hands with actual razors, and attracted a group of young children who are victims of self-harm. He was then easily defeated by the hero and returned to prison.[13]

this guy

Langly on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Remember that all the super villains have received a power boost from the Norn stones. And it's not like the two Caps had that much trouble with him.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited April 2010
    You know, it's funny that the "meet-cute" page was my moment from House of Mystery as opposed to what probably should be the moment: Where Abel (of Genesis fame) allows himself to be hanged because, frankly, of all the cast he'll get better.

Or even the end, which is kind of important. But you know what? I just liked that moment in the vampire rom-com story better. So pthbbbt.

Crimsondude on
    edited April 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Remember that all the super villains have received a power boost from the Norn stones. And it's not like the two Caps had that much trouble with him.

The Captains America having any trouble with him was literally too much for my seasoned comic book reading mind to accept.

When you fight the likes of Ultron, Thanos, Hulk, or any dick with a gun, you automatically graduate from the class of hero that would so much as get a scratch from a guy who thought it was wise to replace his hands with knives. And who apparently has a cult of child cutters following him on twitter.

How would he twitter though?

Caveman Paws on
    edited April 2010
    Razor Fist also controls a gang of evil helper monkeys that do his dark bidding. Hit-Monkey used to roll with them before they had a falling out.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Hang on "Each Razor Fist!?" are you telling me the Marvel universe has multiple people stupid enough to think that chopping their hands off and replacing them with swords was a good idea?

There's been like, three of them.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Looking at the wiki on them Shang Chi apparently hella beats up people with knives for hands.

TexiKen on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Looking at the wiki on them Shang Chi apparently hella beats up people with knives for hands.

Shang Chi hella beats up everyone.

Hensler on
    edited April 2010
    Is Shang Chi hella-er than Iron Fist?

I'm not too down with the hierarchy of Marvel fist fighters.

TexiKen on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is the best derail ever.

Munch on
    edited April 2010
    might as well since tomorrow brings new moments.

Dignified Derails Done Delinquently.

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    Is Shang Chi hella-er than Iron Fist?

I'm not too down with the hierarchy of Marvel fist fighters.

Iron Fist beat up a dragon in a secret mountain cave, Shang Chi beat up a dragon in a Welsh pub, i think they're about equal.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I loved that Wisdom issue.

TexiKen on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I loved that Wisdom issue.

The Shang Chi MAX series was ridiculous and awesome as well. And the Shang Chi and Deadpool team-up last year was surprisingly good, too.

Hensler on
    edited April 2010
    Shang Chi MAX series? I need to look that up (is it an alternate take like MAX Punisher or still part of the Marvel U?)

TexiKen on