As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(OOC) Rogue Trader: A Fresh Start

• Options
    ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just wanted a Best-quality stub revolver, customized and silenced. I wouldn't think it being silenced would affect the value, but customization may. It being Best-quality is -30, but a stub revolver is +30 in availability so it sits at 0 for just the gun.

LATE EDIT: So if I just wanted it silenced, nothing would change and it would be cool. I guess I just need you're choice on if I can have it customized or not.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    lodwilklodwilk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here's my Explorator. If there's anything that needs fixing or changing please let me know. His background information will be added later.
    2ytywx2.jpg
    WS 32
    BS 37
    S 37
    T 42
    Agi 34
    Int 49
    Per 39
    Wil 36
    Fel 43

Homeworld - ForgeWolrd
    -10 on tests involving the Imperial Creed
    -5 Fel to interact with members of the Eccseliarchy in formal settings

Birthright: Scapegrace

Lure of the Void: Renegade

Trials and Travails: Ship Lorn
    Whenever you spend a fate point to recover wounds, you may re-roll the die but must accept second result
    -5 Fel when interacting with Void Born, Rogue Traders, and other Void Farers who are not personal friends and have heard of my reputation
    Motivation: Prestige

Untrained Basic Skills
    Awareness (Per)
    Barter (Fel)
    Carouse (T)
    Charm (Fel)
    Climb (Str)
    Command(Fel)
    Concealment (Agi)
    Contortionist (Agi)
    Deceive (Fel)
    Disguise (Fel)
    Dodge (Agi)
    Evaluate (Int)
    Gamble (Int)
    Inquiry (Fel)
    Intimidate (Str)
    Scrutiny (Per)
    Search(Per)
    Silent Move (Agi)
    Swim (Str)

Trained Skills
    Common Lore - Machine Cult (Int)
    Common Lore -Tech (Int)
    Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) (Int)
    Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanus) (Int)
    Forbidden Lore (The Warp) (Int)
    Literacy (Int)
    Logic (Int)
    Sleight of Hand (Agi)
    Speak Language(Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Techna-Linguina (Int)
    Survival (Int)
    Tech Use (Int)
    Trade (Technomat) (Int)

Talents
    Basic Weapon Training
    Dark Soul
    Logis Implant
    Mechandrite use
    Melee Weapon Training
    Peer ( Adeptus Mechanus )
    Technical Knock

Gear
    Enforcer Light Carapace
    Utility Mechandrite
    - +10 to all tech use tests
    - Contains a cutting blade, works as a knife with the defensive quality, and mono upgrade
    Best Craftmanship Lasgun
    Best Craftmanship Shockstaff

Multikey
    Voidsuit
    Injector
    Sacred Unguents
    Microbead
    Combitool
    Dataslate

ServoSkull Familiar

lodwilk on
  • Options
    npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay, I fixed it. Not going to touch it again unless you have a problem with it's layout as it stands now.

Picked minds eye and compel for the two <200 powers. Used the 500 to get rite of sanctioning (mind warp). I figure its a good way to continue the character narrative.

Also, lodwilk you have a fantastic avi.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As I understand it we currently have 2 Space, 4 Power, and 4 Ship Points left. Out of combat the ship takes a -5 hit to detection which is canceled out by it's M-201.b Augur Array (+5 detection).

The M-201.b consumes 5 Power, but no Ship Points or Space.

I propose replacing it with the Deep Void Augur Array (+10 detection), which would consume one of our Ship Points and 2 more Power then the M-201.b. This would give us a +5 detection out of combat and would help on active augury tests (especially in combat when our detection would jump back to +10)

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey Chrysis, you might wanna update the OP about having all the people you need.

Later will hopefully come how we do this, or 'how we roll' if you will.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We'll be making rolls on this website and linking them in the thread.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Colt wrote: »
    We'll be making rolls on this website and linking them in the thread.
    npc.EXE wrote: »
    Hey Chrysis, you might wanna update the OP about having all the people you need.

Later will hopefully come how we do this, or 'how we roll' if you will.

thats_the_joke.jpg

I know, thank you. I meant the scheduling and all that.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm an idiot.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Due to a last minute rush we now have more applicants than we have spaces, and while I was essentially going first-come first-served I think I'll pick the people who are most ready by the time the OP goes up in about 8 hours. So Largo, Herm, Colt and npc are in at this point.

For schedule, I will be doing my absolute best to post at least once per day. While I will often be able to post while at work, I can't get at image sites or log into invisible castle through the filters. I'd basically just like to keep things moving as fast as I can, so if you can manage a post a day that should be good.

Colt: As you're only getting one pistol, you get an extra +30. Silencing it would take 5 from that, making it +25. That seems like enough space to get it customised, so I'll let you have it.

Largo: I had originally chosen the 201 because of the navy background, but seeing as it would be advantageous to have the Deep Void and it's used by Naval Scouts I'll make the change. I'll edit the post with the ship to represent.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Colt wrote: »
    I'm an idiot.

Well, it was a poor excuse for a joke and it's really hard to get across inflection in text. That and I'm really poor in humor.

Three men walk into a bar, the fourth one ducks.

Once a day is fine by me. I'm internetted one way or another at all times.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Due to a last minute rush we now have more applicants than we have spaces, and while I was essentially going first-come first-served I think I'll pick the people who are most ready by the time the OP goes up in about 8 hours. So Largo, Herm, Colt and npc are in at this point.

For schedule, I will be doing my absolute best to post at least once per day. While I will often be able to post while at work, I can't get at image sites or log into invisible castle through the filters. I'd basically just like to keep things moving as fast as I can, so if you can manage a post a day that should be good.

Colt: As you're only getting one pistol, you get an extra +30. Silencing it would take 5 from that, making it +25. That seems like enough space to get it customised, so I'll let you have it.

Largo: I had originally chosen the 201 because of the navy background, but seeing as it would be advantageous to have the Deep Void and it's used by Naval Scouts I'll make the change. I'll edit the post with the ship to represent.

Thank you. It just seemed like a good use of the extra SP.

Oh, based on your ship stats I put together a little something here of the EB... I used Magelord's Firestorm as a base (Magelord is a 40k fanatic on deviantart), chopped off the prow and spar guns, cleaned it up and painted over the munitorium green.
    tempest1.png

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Alright. 8-) Thanks.

Lastly, a full character sheet with everything but wounds. What do you need for starting wounds?
    Tristan Gillium

WS: 39
    BS: 38
    S: 40
    T: 38
    Ag: 44
    Int: 40
    Per: 33
    WP: 36
    Fel: 39

Home World: Imperial
    Birthright: Vaunted (+3 Fel)
    Lure of the Void: Chosen by Destiny (Seeker of Truth [Enemy: Academics])
    Trials and Travails: Dark Voyage (Resistance [Fear])
    Motivation: Pride
    Career: Seneschal

Wounds: 7
    Fate: 4
    Insanity: 4
    Corruption: 2

Starting Skill, Talents & Gear
    Skills
    Barter
    Commerce
    Common Lore (Underworld)
    Deceive
    Evaluate
    Forbidden Lore (Archeotech)
    Inquiry
    Literacy
    Speak Language (Low Gothic, Trader's Cant)

Talents
    Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
    Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)

Gear
    common-Craftsmanship inferno pistol
    common-Craftsmanship boltgun
    Angevin Era Chainsword (Best-Craftsmanship chainsword)
    Best-Craftsmanship stub revolver, silenced, customized
    Xeno-mesh armour
    Autoquill
    Dataslate
    Micro-bead
    Multikey
    Two sets of robes
    Synskin
    Chrono
    Cameleoline cloak

Initial Advances
    Charm (Skill)
    Dodge (Skill)
    Security (Skill)
    Unremarkable (Talent)

Background

Tristan Gillium was brought up without a care in the world. In his first 21 years he lived high in the spires above the imperial city of Dalonus. Wealth was common. People of all importance came and went. He never kept track of who they were. To him they were an unimportant figure any time they were not within arms reach. Tristan played the game of the son of a wealthy noble well. He attended parties, wooed the right women, drank the right drinks. After years of such a facade it quickly dawned on him that he was bored. Bring the son of a noble he was given the best schooling the city could offer but all the knowledge taught meant nothing if he never used it. He would become nothing more than a fat and sloppy waste like all the people he had to entertain with his false appearances if he stayed in Dalonus. His father was connected. He knew traders and merchants that worked in more exciting areas. This could vault him into much greater things. A favor here or a quick mention there and Tristan was on board a Rogue Traders vessel. He proved himself to be very organizational. Cargo, crew and contacts were what he helped deal with. He also became a reliable set of eyes and ears outside the ship. He could be who he wanted, self-taught from faking among nobles years before. Everything he did was with expertise. Everything within his control at least.

Something goes wrong. It happens to every Trader and his ship. Rivals form, deals go bad. Nothing like what Tristan had to fight through. When you deal with Rogue Traders you go into the farthest reaches of space into territory not marked as well at others. Still, anything to make a deal happen. Anything for an oppertinity to make profit worth the calculated risk. Dark Eldar are not calculated. Tristan barely survived, as did the ship but not truly intact. Back in port he took his leave, unwilling to take a risk like that again, at least with the same captain. You never quite gain back the full trust of someone after a foul up like that, or the trust of yourself.

It was fine. Tristan could find work again. He was a skilled man, and skilled men were never out of season.

Personality

Tristan is a hard person. He is very educated and doesn't like to fool around when it comes to dealings, be it with people who have information or more tangible goods. When things don't go how he likes he can be very sarcastic. In all other circumstances he is lax with his crew and people close to him.

bint00.jpg

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Damn, I'm at work now so I can't look at what I imagine is a pretty sweet picture.

npc.EXE: Was just reading through the psychic powers section, as I'd only really given it a cursory glance before. Looks like the Compel power has a prereq of Delude, so I think you'll have to swap Compel for Delude or pick something else. Otherwise looking all good.

Lodwilk: I do love me some Mechanicus. Character looks good, but you'll need a few things. 1. A Name :) 2. A Background which I imagine you're working on. 3. As an Explorator you get the sweet bonus of two free common quality implants detailed on pg.72. Why they couldn't put the special abilities in with the respective careers instead of on an easily missed page I don't know.

Colt: Wounds and Fate Points are part of your home world. As an Imperial Worlder your starting wounds are double your toughness bonus + 1d5, and for fate points roll 1d10. 1-8 = 3 fate points, 9-10 = 4 fate points. You will probably need these fate points, so don't forget to roll for them :)

I'll likely put a section with everyones character sheets in the IC OP for easy reference, although I'm going to have to wait on those that used the online tool because I can't view their screenshots through the work filter.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, I can get some red shirts to carry the heavy bolter when I'm not using it. At least until I get suspensors, or Bulging Biceps.

What's our Profit Rating ?

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    As it stands, your initial profit factor will be 43. 40 to start with 3 unspent ship points. Going through the origin path stuff to find out if anyone had taken ones that changed profit factor I found a few things people had forgotten about.

Colt: You didn't list your Decadence talen from Vaunted or Foresight from Chosen by Destiny.
    Largo: You missed your Hatred (Chaos Worshippers) talent from Hand of War
    Herm: Couldn't see your 1d5 insanity from Stubjack, and it doesn't look like you included the +1 fate from Fortune.
    Lodwilk: Doesn't look like you've included your corruption/insanity points from Scapegrace or Renegade, although I can't see your screenshot at this point so I might be wrong.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Largo: You missed your Hatred (Chaos Worshippers) talent from Hand of War
    Herm: Couldn't see your 1d5 insanity from Stubjack, and it doesn't look like you included the +1 fate from Fortune.

Updated.

Herm also needs to pick a mastery as well.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Crap, I missed that too. Hmmm. Swap minds eye for delude? That way I have the pre-req and get to keep my compel...

It's a under 200 power as well.

Edit: Largo... that's a beautiful image.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Largo: Good point, I hadn't mentioned that. Thanks for pointing that out.

npc.EXE: Sure thing, Psychic Powers are Delude and Compel.

Working on the IC OP. Been collating character sheets into one place for reference. It's hard work fiddling with 5 different sheets, so when it goes up I'd like to ask everyone to check and see if I've missed anything.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sorry, I've been trying to post my character sheet, but for some reason the forums weren't letting me post.
    I believe everything should be in order here.

Character Sheet
    Vorgan Patronius
    Class: Explorator Rank 1

WS 32
    BS 37
    S 37
    T 42
    Agi 34
    Int 49
    Per 39
    Wil 36
    Fel 43

Homeworld - ForgeWolrd
    -10 on tests involving the Imperial Creed
    -5 Fel to interact with memebers of the Eccseliarchy in formal settings
    Birthright: Scapegrace
    Lure of the Void: Renegade
    Trials and Travails: Ship Lorn
    Whenever you spend a fate point to recover wounds, you may re-roll the die but must accept second result
    -5 Fel when interacting with Void Born, Rogue Traders, and other Void Farers who are not personal friends and have heard of my reputation
    Motivation: Prestige

Fate Points: 1
    Wounds: 11
    Corruption: 4

Skill

Untrained Basic Skills

Awarness (Per)
    Barter (Fel)
    Carouse (T)
    Charm (Fel)
    Climb (Str)
    Command(Fel)
    Concealment (Agi)
    Contortionist (Agi)
    Decive (Fel)
    Disguise (Fel)
    Dodge (Agi)
    Evaluate (Int)
    Gamble (Int)
    Inquiry (Fel)
    Intimidate (Str)
    Scrutiny (Per)
    Search(Per)
    Silent Move (Agi)
    Swim (Str)

Trained Skills
    Common Lore - Machine Cult (Int)
    Common Lore -Tech (Int)
    Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) (Int)
    Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus) (Int)
    Forbidden Lore (The Warp) (Int)
    Literacy (Int)
    Logic (Int)
    Sleight of Hand (Agi)
    Speak Language(Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Techna-Linguina (Int)
    Survival (Int)
    Tech Use (Int)
    Trade (Technomat) (Int)WS 32

Talnets
    Talents
    Basic Weapon Training
    Dark Soul
    Logis Implant
    Mechandrite use
    Melee Weapon Training
    Peer ( Adeptus Mechanicus )
    Technical Knock

Gear
    Gear
    Enforcer Light Carapace
    Utility Mechandrite
    - +10 to all tech use tests
    - Contains a cutting blade, works as a knife with the defenseive quality, and mono upgrade
    Best Craftmanship Lasgun
    Best Craftmanship Shockstaff
    Baleful Eye Implant
    Calculus Logi Upgrade
    - +10 to Literacy, Logic, and SCholastic Lore Tests.

Multikey
    Voidsuit
    Injector
    Sacred Unguents
    Microbead
    Combitool
    Dataslate

ServoSkull Familiar

Background
    Enginseer Vorgan was born on the Forge World planet of Skorgulian within the Calixis sector. During his youth his studies and his creations where his priority. Vorgan frequently would dissemble a piece of technology only, to reassemble it while adding his own personal improvements to them. Whenever Vorgan needed a part for his creations, he would usually just steal it, believing that the owners of the tech did not deserve their possessions if they could not protect it.
    Eventually Vorgan was welcomed within the Adeptus Mechanicus, his acceptance within the machine cult granted him access to their limitless libraries of knowledge. It was during his studies that he came to theorize that it was possible to harness the energies of the warp for reasons other than travel. However staying on a forge world would not aide him in proving this theory, and so Vorgan joined the crew of a Rogue Trader ship known as “The Triumphant Dawn.” In exchange for using his skills in the maintenance of the ship, Vorgan would be allowed to perform experiments to prove his theories.
    Two years ago, the Triumphant Dawn disappeared from all known Imperial Space. A year later the ship was found, floating aimlessly within the Reductess Sector. Exploration of the ship found it to be devoid of all inhabitants, except for one, Vorgan. The Enginseer has no idea what happened to cause the ship to disappear, or what happened during the year of it’s absence. Eventually Vorgan found his way onto another Rogue Trader ship, one who will hopefully avoid the same fate as the Triumphant Dawn.
    Personality
    Vorgan is like most members of the Adeptus Mechanicus. A devot follow of the Cult of The Machine, and obsessed with acquiring as much knowledge as possible. Vorgan aspires to earn the rank of Magos, and receive the title of Magi. He believes that by proving his theory of The Warp will he achieve this goal.

Corruption
    Corruption (1d5=1, 1d5+1=3)

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if the forum was shitting itself or if it was just me. D:

Aye aye captain, I shall try to use them to the best of my ability and not get us all killed perils of the warp style.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Right! IC Thread is now up! http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=117456

I'll probably add a picture of the ship once I can see what the ship looks like :)

GothicLargo, Hermeneglide, Colt, npc.EXE and lodwilk, congratulations on your selection :)

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Colt: Wounds and Fate Points are part of your home world. As an Imperial Worlder your starting wounds are double your toughness bonus + 1d5, and for fate points roll 1d10. 1-8 = 3 fate points, 9-10 = 4 fate points. You will probably need these fate points, so don't forget to roll for them :)

Alright. I didn't know if that was the sole factor in Wounds.
    Colt: You didn't list your Decadence talen from Vaunted or Foresight from Chosen by Destiny.

I'll do that too and edit it in.

EDIT: Done.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just a quick update to the OP, some new instructions. Also, how do you want me to handle your reactions like Dodges? Should I just use them in a way I think is sensible? Checking for confirmation everytime some gets shot/stabbed would slow things down a lot.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think it would work best if you just did the dodge rolls for us. Although in the case of Vorgan he will always try to parry over using dodge in melee. His utility mechandrite has a cutting blade with the defensive property so it gets a +15 to parry attempts.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GM should roll for reflexive things. In my case doubly so since InvisibleCastle hates me.

Chrysis, did you ever see the ship?
    tempest1.png

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Woohoo, novels. I did see the ship, and have just edited it into the IC OP along with Sarvus' missing skills and talents. Very nice work.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Say, now that 'bullets' are flying and all does anyone care to warn or protect Orbrest? Ya know, as a backup source in case we lose the stone or manage to no take a prisoner for questioning? Yes... 'questioning.'

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Quick question. We're in the second round of combat correct? If so then I can perform another attack with Vorgan right? He had a single half action in the surprise round, a full turn in the first, and now we're in the second.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yes, please do. That was something of a slip up on my part, as I figured you wouldn't want to post twice in a row. That initial section was quite messy so yes, we are entering the second round. You may as well just edit a second lot of actions in to the post you've already made. I'll try not to jump too far ahead again in future.

EDIT: Just remembered one other thing I was going to add OOC for the next IC post, but as I've made one here I may as well put it here.

Best Quality on a ranged weapon doesn't add +10 to hit, it only makes it immune to jams and overheats. The +10 to hit and +1 Damage are only for melee weapons. Likewise the +5 for Good only applies to Melee.

Also you forgot to roll to shoot a civilian Largo, so I'll roll that when I do the results post at the end of the round unless you edit it in before I get there.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Best Quality on a ranged weapon doesn't add +10 to hit, it only makes it immune to jams and overheats. The +10 to hit and +1 Damage are only for melee weapons. Likewise the +5 for Good only applies to Melee.

Checks book...

Also you forgot to roll to shoot a civilian Largo, so I'll roll that when I do the results post at the end of the round unless you edit it in before I get there.

That's been updated. However strictly speaking your post only said the armsmen. Now yes she might be behind them...

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Man it figures that the moment I decide to risk using my Logis Implant, I don't need it. In fact all it did was give me a level of fatigue. So hooray for a -10 to pretty much everything.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, it is a little odd that higher quality guns aren't more accurate while axes are. Although having a plasma gun that will never jam or overheat would certainly be worth the trade off. And being best quality has already saved Sarvus from having to clean his gun out in the middle of a fight. I guess the idea is not to make guns an obviously superior choice to melee weapons, even though realistically they should be.

You really want her down don't you? Unfortunately it doesn't look like the las pistol is going to cut it, so I guess the best bet is for Mikaela to bring the pain with her Heavy Bolter.

EDIT: Yeah, early on the Logis Implant really sucks. Until you can reliably pass toughness tests there's no point using it because at best you get +10 for one shot and at worse you have a -10 to every other action until you can rest. Not to mention that in neither case can you dodge this round, and you still have to do a tech-use test to even get it started. And it's not covered by Energy Cache, so you can eventually get to the point where you're flying around shooting lightning from your fingers with tiring but using the implant tires you right out.

On the plus side, it looks like you forgot to actually do the Tech-use test, so if you do and fail you won't get tired :)

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I will not be this crazy* once we get past the initial combat encounter and into stuff we haven't done before. I just really want to see if I can take a limb off this witch in this fight.

*Well, actually I might be. The Benevolence is a hellalot faster then the Hatred was...

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities for craziness, and I welcome them. In fact, given that the Astropath is well on his way to needing a new white jacket, I think we're going to have a lot of fun.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    All these references are to previous campaign I take it?

AUGH, STUFF I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

...also, thank goodness for no jam. That roll could have screwed me. I tend to roll low for things like skill checks, and knowledge rolls while rolling high for to hit and save my ass with armor.

I gotta ask, what is the wall I'm using for cover made for? Want me to make a IC perception check? I'm just curious as to whether I'm doing myself any favors at all or should risk bolting closer to start taking psy checks.

EDIT: and ANOTHER QUESTION, it says semi auto is a full action but is it possible to fire two single shots each as a half action?

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The wall is just made of cheap materials, wood and plastic type thing so we're probably looking at about 6AP protection. Certainly worth using for cover, although there's enough of it around that you could probably advance some and still be able to find some.

No, it's not possible to do two single shot half actions.

It's badly explained in the book, and the errata clears it up a little. Basically you can only perform one of the following three actions per round:
    1. Action with the Attack Subtype
    2. Psychic Technique
    3. Navigator Power

The exception is that Psychic Techniques or Navigator Powers using Free Actions or Reactions can be combined with an action with the Attack subtype but not other Techniques or Powers.

The errata also removes the Attack subtype from Feint and Manoeuvre as it doesn't make sense for them to have that subtype given they aren't attacks and are designed to be combined with attack actions.

Here's a link to the errata. I recommend everyone has a look through for changes that might affect them.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    npc.EXE

If Sarvus can keep mindwalking and maybe get me the name of their employer/captain, I would definitely treat him better.

Because then I can order the Benevolence to beat to quarters and be ready to stop them from escaping. Macrocannons have a much higher penetration rating then my laspistol, and inevitably their ship will either be faster but weaker then ours and we can just asplode it in the harbor, or bigger but substantially slower and we can thus chase it down before it can jump.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

On the plus side, it looks like you forgot to actually do the Tech-use test, so if you do and fail you won't get tired :)

:O Hooray for exam season having me gloss over anything that isn't school related. I figured I might as well throw the tech use test in here, which failed so yay no fatigue.

Tech use (1d100=68)

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hooray for failing tests :) Logis Implant sounds so good until you look at all the hoops and how huge the downside is for failing that one toughness test. I'm tempted to rule that Energy Cache will let you autopass the Implants T test as well, but that's not going to come up for a while, and I'm not entirely certain it's a good idea. The problem with house ruling things is making sure that I don't buff things I like when they don't need it.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    npc.EXE

If Sarvus can keep mindwalking and maybe get me the name of their employer/captain, I would definitely treat him better.

Because then I can order the Benevolence to beat to quarters and be ready to stop them from escaping. Macrocannons have a much higher penetration rating then my laspistol, and inevitably their ship will either be faster but weaker then ours and we can just asplode it in the harbor, or bigger but substantially slower and we can thus chase it down before it can jump.

I'll need to get closer (10m) to be able to attempt compel. I'm thinking the commander mucky muck would be the best bet for good info but I have no idea what his opposition would be.

As for a simple compulsion... identify yourself? Name your ship? I'm not to sure. Also, crazy lady (ours) you going to aim for the crazy lady (theirs?)

npc.EXE on