As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[game on]Sectoids in Uranus! X-Com

167891012»

• IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Drake wrote: »
    Looks like it bit the dust.

Nope, working for me.

Iriah on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Its gone for me, strange it worked last night...

TheGerbil on
  • DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Iriah wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    Looks like it bit the dust.

Nope, working for me.

Uhhh... how is it working for you?

I can't find anything on the StrategyCore website either since supposedly UFOpaedia is hosted from there.

DracoGriffin on
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Seems to work for me now.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • LionEyezLionEyez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    To those complaining about UFO: Extraterrestrials...try BMAN's Ease of Use Mod. It lets soldiers actually die.

There's a couple other mods to try as well. One inserts the X-com enemies into the game, others adjust the night time combat I believe. I believe they're all compatible with BMAN's mod, unfortunately I don't recall where I downloaded em so I suggest Google.

LionEyez on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No don't bother, just play Xcom some more.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This thread made me give even more money to Steam. Thanks!

Played TFTD first back in college, skipping right past the original, so this is my first time through the first one. Good stuff. Think my first game is effed. I have had a bunch of countries turn, and my force is way too small. Especially since I rushed to the Psi Lab only to find 3 of my mans have a PSI strength above 30. Nice. Might be time to restart. Learned a bunch during this play through however.

Since my start I have saved pretty much after every turn. I am intrigued by the fresh style of being ok with losing mans. I'll have to see how that goes.

Handfalcon on
    steam_sig.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Holy shit. GuavaMoment does T'leth with only starting equipment, no armor, no tanks, no promotions.

Rookies, Gas Cannons, and grenades only. And he wins.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/GuavaMoment/videos/58/

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    The news about the new game, and my stumbling upon Fishman's excellent LP, lead me to starting this up again. From my old file, which I never finished.

I had the most awesome coincidences going on that I'd forgotten about. Yoko, Sumie, and Jungo Noguichi were all on my team. Not only that, but they were all black. I figured any three Japanese people with the same name that are black must be the same family. So I always kept them pretty close to each other.

Anyway, I just now assaulted a landed harvester full of mutons. The third to last muton came down the elevator, and shot Sumie four times in the chest at point blank range. She had on personal armor. And she lived, somehow. I was incredibly happy, since I don't load, in general. And impressed. Four point blank shots.

Then at the start of my turn she died from fatal wounds.

Shivahn on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The news about the new game, and my stumbling upon Fishman's excellent LP, lead me to starting this up again. From my old file, which I never finished.

I had the most awesome coincidences going on that I'd forgotten about. Yoko, Sumie, and Jungo Noguichi were all on my team. Not only that, but they were all black. I figured any three Japanese people with the same name that are black must be the same family. So I always kept them pretty close to each other.

Anyway, I just now assaulted a landed harvester full of mutons. The third to last muton came down the elevator, and shot Sumie four time in chest at point blank range. She had on personal armor. And she lived, somehow. I was incredibly happy, since I don't load, in general. And impressed. Four point blank shots.

Then at the start of my turn she died from fatal wounds.

Yeah, at that point, her squad/sisters/unit basically would have had to use their medkits for their entire turns to keep her alive.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Hahaha, Yoko is so awesome. I had troops standing just about to breach a terror ship (Note:don't do this if it is full of snakemen. And chyssalids.)

Anyway, a chryssalid opened the door and hit the soldier in front, turning him into a zombie. With reaction fire, Yoko killed the zombie, killed the chryssalid that spawned, and killed the chryssalid that opened the door.

I just had to share, because that was awesome.

Shivahn on