As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Explosions, Hyperbole, and Hyperbolic Explosions

1565758596062»

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    it's fixed. if it's greyed out for you, find the server in the browser. the new browser is much, much faster. add it to your favorites, and connect. that should put it on your favorites again and connect-able.

tyrannus on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Give this to the 360 you masochists.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I was actually going for a placebo effect since I thought the M60 was nerfed but the M93 and CG still felt just as bad.

But apparently they are fixed so heeeeeey.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Time for a new OP soon. Start thinking of good titles.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited April 2010
    Shit the AN-94 does like two more damage a shot at long range fuckin' broken shit aiyauahufgh

Seriously though they nerfed like four LMGs holy shit this patch ooooooooowns.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RageRage Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bad Company 2: Significantly increased Mustache Swagger effect

Rage on
  • CroakCroak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pretty sure the M16 got nerf attention because it had the highest percentage of kills of any Assault-class primary, and that despite the fact that it's the final primary unlock for Assault.

Croak on
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone know what "decreased the range" means exactly?

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Blue map wrote: »

The rounds will have less of a tendency to stay on target the farther you are from someone.

That_Guy on
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Blue map wrote: »

The rounds will have less of a tendency to stay on target the farther you are from someone.

Wouldn't that just be reduced accuracy?

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
    edited April 2010
    I thought it meant the damage fall-off was closer.

Probably both, since I'm pretty sure they're not gonna make sniper rifles inaccurate.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    it's the damage fall-off,definitely.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rage wrote: »
    Bad Company 2: Significantly increased Mustache Swagger effect

Bad Company 2: For great helicopter crashers, Q button mashers, MCOM trashers, mustache attackers

rRootagea on
  • HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sent out some friend requests in BC2, so Hawk xSx is me

Hawk on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also I should be in the OP (correctly).

>Warcry<

Warcry on
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aw yeah, Type88 buff, Abakan buff, pump shotty tweak, motion sensor buff, tracer dart buff, everything I love got a buff, looking forward to trying this out.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They buffed the tracer dart? Does it move faster now?

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • GashikGashik Office Communist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It is now the Copter Killer.

Gashik on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dashui wrote: »

Four times as fast. Gone are the days of spawn camping with choppers. You now stay the fuck back. Like, really fucking far back.

Warcry on
    edited April 2010
    FUCK you, Hind on last stage of Isla Innocentes

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That is f'ing awesome (especially for the 360). Work robbed me of my playtime last night. Any Xboxers, look for me online tonight.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »

Four times as fast. Gone are the days of spawn camping with choppers. You now stay the fuck back. Like, really fucking far back.

Oh man. Sounds like I will stop using the AT4 for a while.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, chopper battles are bloody insane on Atacama Desert now. Alt fire = tracer dart for your gunner = nearly instant win. It's fucking manic. Chopper flying is bloody terrifying now. AA guns got a damage buff as well. DICE doesn't like choppers it seems.

Warcry on
  • NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Yeah, chopper battles are bloody insane on Atacama Desert now. Alt fire = tracer dart for your gunner = nearly instant win. It's fucking manic. Chopper flying is bloody terrifying now. AA guns got a damage buff as well. DICE doesn't like choppers it seems.

Thank god. So sick of fighting 6v6 on Atacama while half of each team waits in their deployment.

Also looking forward to not seeing so many level 30+ people who can't score more than 500 points on any other map.

Assuming all of these changes make it to the 360 by the end of the year, anyway.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I like all those weapon changes, or at least the ones I'm familiar with. Besides the obvious nerfs for 40mm and CG, I think the LMG's actually might be better with less recoil in short bursts even if they did tone down the damage. I also think the Mortar strike nerf was justified. Having a skill that gives you the ability to rain down a dozen or so high explosives is pretty scary. Having a tank taken out that way made the tank feel too fragile. I'm also happy about the shotgun changes. I had to put 5 rounds into someone the last time I played and we were in the same freaking room.

El Guaco on
    edited April 2010
    Actually LMGs are so fucking inaccurate if you so much as think as moving now that I am so happy oh goodness DICE is great.

Also the tracer was good for 360, but not so much PC. I hope it doesn't stay too long.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just borrowed the Xbox version of this from a friend, naturally he has used the VIP code already so I can't, I understand it gives you access to 2 extra maps? Whats the deal with paying 1200points on the marketplace for VIP access? Do I have to have the code AND pay 1200 points? Also does not having the code mean I can't buy the new skins released today?

Im wondering if I should buy my own copy, or if I'm going to be bored of it anyway. I especially don't want to have to buy a new copy AND spend a ton of MS points on it.

Thanks

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just as long as the 40mm and CG can still demolish a wall in one hit then its cool.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    ginguskahn wrote: »
    I just borrowed the Xbox version of this from a friend, naturally he has used the VIP code already so I can't, I understand it gives you access to 2 extra maps? Whats the deal with paying 1200points on the marketplace for VIP access? Do I have to have the code AND pay 1200 points? Also does not having the code mean I can't buy the new skins released today?

Im wondering if I should buy my own copy, or if I'm going to be bored of it anyway. I especially don't want to have to buy a new copy AND spend a ton of MS points on it.

Thanks

The VIP is just EA's way to combat used sales of the game. That content is free if you get the game new, you just enter the code you get, otherwise you buy it from them.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
    edited April 2010
    "MP – Kit/gadget loadout saved between sessions"

FINALLY.

El Guaco on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So basically, 40mm grenades are now utility/humiliation weapons again?

Mechanical on
    edited April 2010
    El Guaco wrote: »

FINALLY.

Yeah, fucking loving it. It feels so unnatural though.

Warcry on
  • ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ok thanks, I should probably just buy my own copy then :)

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

FINALLY.

It doesn't already do that? Am I reading that wrong, or is this a PC problem?

Unless this is referring to separate secondary weapons for each class, which would be nice. Switching from engineer to something else and forgetting you have the tracer dart equipped can be an unpleasant surprise.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
    edited April 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »
    So basically, 40mm grenades are now utility/humiliation weapons again?
    If having a kill radius of almost 2m is humiliating? maybe on the 360 where people can't aim it is. :j

Also LMGs seem like I won't hate them anymore.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Nickle wrote: »

FINALLY.

It doesn't already do that? Am I reading that wrong, or is this a PC problem?

Unless this is referring to separate secondary weapons for each class, which would be nice. Switching from engineer to something else and forgetting you have the tracer dart equipped can be an unpleasant surprise.

On the PC, this was a problem for me. Every time I'd join a server I had to reset my kit for every class. Losing a connection meant doing it all over again.

El Guaco on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll know once I see the update, but if they're anything like they were in the first then they're going out the window as a combat implement.

Mechanical on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Since we are at 100 posts, I made a new thread.

That_Guy on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Since we are at 100 posts, I made a new thread.
    ur a 100 posts.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png