As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Definitive Version of your Favorites

2»

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dixon's Nightwing run had Oracle be a good supporting character to Dick, this was before Birds of Prey started (and even when she had her own title). She was basically in every issue for the first 50 issues or so.

It's not necessary, but it is Dixon writing both books at the same time so nice crossover, and adds a nice extra layer to Babs interacting with Dick, really solidifying their relationship post-Crisis on Infinite Earths. Plus Dick and Babs totally made out all the time.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Any Batman with the words Starlin, Aparo and DeCarlo on the cover are my definitive Batman.

Such a great team

Xaquin on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've heard Dini is a good Batman author too.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »

When did he start? I stopped collecting right after No Mans Land due to lack of funds and since then I've only been collecting earlier issues.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    After the Trial of Gambit, I just didn't care any more.

When I heard he came back from the arctic, i knew i would never love X-men the same way ever again.

delphinus on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Xaquin wrote: »
    cshadow42 wrote: »

When did he start? I stopped collecting right after No Mans Land due to lack of funds and since then I've only been collecting earlier issues.

Dini has been with Batman for a really long time in various forms. He was one of the writers and story consultants for Batman the Animated Series. He was the script-writer for the Batman: Arkham Asylum video game that came out last year.

And then of course you have his amazing run on Detective Comics, most of which is illustrated by Dustin Nguyen and includes the Heart of Hush story arcs, which is quite simply amazing. He is now currently writing two books, Streets of Gotham, which is a Batman book, and he's writing Gotham City Sirens, which is about other characters in the Batman supporting cast.

Lucascraft on