As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DIABLO II] more high runes than you can shake a stick at

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oooooh ok. So keep that on switch to buff myself.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gotta switch up my baba a bit to be a bit more hell viable

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ISO:

Crappy Barb Torch
    "Wealth" Mage Plate
    Eth Bonehew
    Eth Glitched Trechery or Stone
    Crown of Thieves (can be eth)
    Random 15% IAS jewel

FT:
    Insight CV
    Eth Duress
    2 Pul

I have an Eth Bonehew, swap you for your eth Duress?

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sure. I think someone else is using it at the time, however.

I thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk someone has a trechery I just don't know who.

Oh you, Ronya. Kill ubers and get me a barb torch

Zen Vulgarity on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just found Aldurs hat and an offensive aura skiller in case anyone is interested. Still need an Um and a Moser really bad.

Vic on
    edited April 2010
    ronya wrote: »
    Vic wrote: »
    Trying to prepare for hell, so I guess it is time to ask for trades/beg once more.

ISO:
    High defense 3 os armor
    Um
    Moser's OR Tiamat's rebuke
    Gore Riders

For trade:
    A few P-gems, mid-low runes
    Waterwalks
    Aldurs weapon with three Shaels
    Shitty Frostburns
    Heart Carver
    Lava Gout

I have Moser's and Tiamat's... I'll take your pgems :D which one do you want?

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ISO:

Crappy Barb Torch
    "Wealth" Mage Plate
    Eth Bonehew
    Eth Glitched Trechery or Stone
    Crown of Thieves (can be eth)
    Random 15% IAS jewel

FT:
    Insight CV
    Eth Duress
    2 Pul

Any chance you want to bum me the Insight in return for a player to be named later?

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    edited April 2010
    Oh dang, totally missed that Ronya! I would prefer the Tiamat.

Vic on
    edited April 2010
    92 progress bar:

(2 011 824 186 - 1 923 762 030) / (2 097 310 703 - 1 923 762 030) = 0.507420509

The hardest part was finding a bot efficient enough that I can just glance at the screen every now and then and join game / take the TP to the Throne of Destruction.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I dislike that I can't find a char that I like that doesn't die horribly in this game. Going to try a sorc now.

Goose! on
    edited April 2010
    Play a necro dummy

Or Ronya's smiter

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you guys are tired of butt ugly graphics and whatnot, try out the glide wrapper. I recently tried it out and the textures and everything are so much nicer.

Squirrel Rancher on
    edited April 2010
    Why are there no comparison pictures.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have the ingredients for the runeword Death but I was saving up to make a Grief. Which is better for me, the concentration barb who wants to use Storm Shield? I'd put Death in a 5 os ettin axe I found but I'd have to find a phase blade for Grief.

emnmnme on
  • RingmasterRingmaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ringmaster wrote: »
    Random shit was said here that i edited out for the convenience of the readers.

I'm a thrower he's only level 59-ish and i don't get on very often because of the massive amount of homework i have piled up. College is evil, they get in the way of my diablo 2 time.

I have a couple of puls if you want me to get you some gear

Thanks for the offer but i already got 2 gimmershards and a lacerator so i'll be fine once i hit level 70, kill very slowly right now. Just thought it would be neat to have a second Lacerator.

I already have goblin toe boots which rock btw. I'm just not nearly fast enough attacking.. and my res could be better.. but i only got two negative values and they're like 9 under. Oh and getting frozen sucks..

Hmm List:
    Razortail
    IAS Gloves to make up for lost sigon speed increase.
    Stealth
    Cat's Eye
    Ravenfrost (getting frozen sucks)
    another Lacerator
    Random Cool Thrower Helm, i'm still using my berserk helm. I'd just buy one from the merchant at this point but 25% fire res is neat, plus i got a tal Rasha helm waiting for me once i hit 66.

I'm not in a hurry but that's the gear i want eventually. But my character should be viable without it. I'll know once i get to use my new weapons. Thx for the offer but i don't mind mf-ing for this stuff, no huge hurry i'm still baaling in NM.

Ringmaster on
    Diablo 2 - Sinuath
    edited April 2010
    How expensive is it to get an Enigma? I think it would be better for MFing on my Necro than a Skullders, because the tele will let me get everyone in a room or on a boss easier.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    If you guys are tired of butt ugly graphics and whatnot, try out the glide wrapper. I recently tried it out and the textures and everything are so much nicer.

Can anyone get it to work with Windows 7 Aero? I used to use the wrapper on XP and it worked wonderfully, but it chokes on Aero and I'd rather not disable composition.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    edited April 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    How expensive is it to get an Enigma? I think it would be better for MFing on my Necro than a Skullders, because the tele will let me get everyone in a room or on a boss easier.

An amulet with teleport charges or a Naj's puzzler or a Spellsteel will set you back much less.

I did some testing once and discovered I very rarely teleported more than sixty times before returning to town, which makes Naj's a somewhat viable solution. The most annoying thing is having to keep remembering that the constraints of charges and gold exist, really.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ringmaster wrote: »
    Hmm List:
    Razortail
    another Lacerator

I do still have these if you still want them. You can have them for a socket quest use. I want to put a +15 resist all jewel in the Duriel's Shell I picked up for my Assassin. Or just pgems, whatever works and you feel is fair.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited April 2010

An amulet with teleport charges or a Naj's puzzler or a Spellsteel will set you back much less.

I did some testing once and discovered I very rarely teleported more than sixty times before returning to town, which makes Naj's a somewhat viable solution. The most annoying thing is having to keep remembering that the constraints of charges and gold exist, really.
    Naj's is a staff right? Or something that fits in either my weapon or shield slot?

The reason I was thinking Enigma is because I don't have to refresh the charges. Plus I can keep a weapon/shield combo for faster killing, and a MF combo on switch. Which wouldn't really matter on bosses, because I wouldn't have corpses to explode. But in WSK or the Pit, higher damage CE's would really help.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Naj's is a staff right? Or something that fits in either my weapon or shield slot?

The reason I was thinking Enigma is because I don't have to refresh the charges. Plus I can keep a weapon/shield combo for faster killing, and a MF combo on switch. Which wouldn't really matter on bosses, because I wouldn't have corpses to explode. But in WSK or the Pit, higher damage CE's would really help.

Pretty sure CE's damage is constant. At higher skill levels its range increases.

Al_wat on
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Enigma's are pretty expensive, that's why alternatives are being suggested. What's you'd do with the Naj's is throw up a TP when you get to the boss and then stick it back in your stash and reequip your killing/mf combos.

TheCanMan on
    edited April 2010
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Pretty sure CE's damage is constant. At higher skill levels its range increases.
    You're probably right.
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Enigma's are pretty expensive, that's why alternatives are being suggested. What's you'd do with the Naj's is throw up a TP when you get to the boss and then stick it back in your stash and reequip your killing/mf combos.
    Yeah I hadn't thought of that. I knew Enigma's were expensive, just not how expensive. But now that you've brought that up, the cheaper alternatives seem a lot better.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why are there no comparison pictures.

Pictures really don't do it justice, mainly because of the low resolution. Here they are though.

Title Screen
    Direct
    direct-title.png
    Glide
    glide-title.png
    Act 1 Town
    Direct
    direct-town.png
    Glide
    glide-town.png
    Stash
    Direct
    direct-stash.png
    Glide
    glide-stash.png

Added benefits also include higher framerate, and I haven't really tested much but this might also fix the shenk bug.

Can anyone get it to work with Windows 7 Aero? I used to use the wrapper on XP and it worked wonderfully, but it chokes on Aero and I'd rather not disable composition.

From the FAQ
    10. Vista:
    If I start the wrapper, only a black screen/window appears and in the upper left corner of the screen some characters are shown one by another.
    Please make first sure, if the Aero-Glass theme is activated. If it is so, please first try to deactivate it.
    In the start-link of Diablo2 you can set, that at game-start the Aero-Glass theme will be deactivated automatically. And at ending the program automatically activated again:
    in the properties of the D2-start-link go to compatibility, set there the mark at 'Disable desktop compositing'.

Edit: Screenshots were saved through photoshop, not the game itself.

Squirrel Rancher on
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Regarding Enigma on a summoner, I would suggest doing everything you can to get one and make it your first priority. I got an enigma on my summoner ... the time before the last time I quit playing, and I refuse to play a summoner without one anymore. It makes all of the bad things about being a summoner disappear and lolipops and kittens will sprout from your ass.

Seriously, stacking your summons on a boss, not to mention just corralling them when their pathfinding sucks, is the best thing in the world. And it's way better than some secondary item because you don't have to switch it out - it's a fantastic armor besides the teleport anyway.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    edited April 2010
    Found a Spirit Shroud and a Bone snap, any of those worth anything?

I also seem to have bugged out the game. When I killed NM Bhaal for the first time the red portal appeared in a place I could not reach, and now the game says I have completed the quest without allowing me to start Hell games. I hope that it might be possible to fix this by going along with someone else killing bhaal for the first time.

And Dinoarus, I desperately want your Um! Do you think it is possible to work something out?

Vic on
    edited April 2010
    Have you logged out and logged back in? Happened to me. Could join Hell games, but not create them. Logged out/in and everything as fine.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010

From the FAQ
    10. Vista:
    If I start the wrapper, only a black screen/window appears and in the upper left corner of the screen some characters are shown one by another.
    Please make first sure, if the Aero-Glass theme is activated. If it is so, please first try to deactivate it.
    In the start-link of Diablo2 you can set, that at game-start the Aero-Glass theme will be deactivated automatically. And at ending the program automatically activated again:
    in the properties of the D2-start-link go to compatibility, set there the mark at 'Disable desktop compositing'.

Yeah, I saw that. But I don't want to disable composition ;)

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Regarding Enigma on a summoner, I would suggest doing everything you can to get one and make it your first priority. I got an enigma on my summoner ... the time before the last time I quit playing, and I refuse to play a summoner without one anymore. It makes all of the bad things about being a summoner disappear and lolipops and kittens will sprout from your ass.

Seriously, stacking your summons on a boss, not to mention just corralling them when their pathfinding sucks, is the best thing in the world. And it's way better than some secondary item because you don't have to switch it out - it's a fantastic armor besides the teleport anyway.

All of this is completely true (yes...even the lolipops and kittens part). So if you can afford an Enigma (no, I don't know how much they are), by all means use it. But I'd still use the Naj's as a temporary stop-gap.

TheCanMan on
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if I want lolipops and kittens to sprout from my ass.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if I want lolipops and kittens to sprout from my ass.

it's not as bad as it sounds. just don't frighten the kittens.

Feldorn on
  • AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Vic wrote: »
    Found a Spirit Shroud and a Bone snap, any of those worth anything?

I'd be interested in the Shroud, as my sorc is currently wearing some crappy rare Breast Plate because it's the best thing I've found.

I've got tons of PGems and a handful of runes, and... a +1 Druid amulet?

Asharaxx on
    edited April 2010
    A few pgems would be fine, not sure how many its worth. Suggestions guys?

Vic on
    edited April 2010
    For "I don't know how much this is worth, but probably not a lot" trades I usually go with two pgems.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    edited April 2010
    Sounds good to me. When will you be on asha?

Vic on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I switched to lightning on my sorc and aside from having really high char screen numbers it's pretty bad. I can't even kill meph because I have to sit there casting to damage him, orb gives you breaks to teleport your merc around.

also lag killed me 3 times today

Jars on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    also lag killed me 3 times today

Sounds like you're ready for Hardcore!

emnmnme on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    yeah one time I was doing shenk and my lightning kept bouncing around and I realized I was going to log back in dead

Jars on
  • Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If I were to start up a new character would there be anyone able to hook me up with some gear and give me a bit of a rush?

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
    edited April 2010
    I can rush you if you want. Not much help on gear though.
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Well, really, I was just going to give it to you.

But if you want to give me something that I need, I wont complain.

Its cool, I don't expect hand outs so I'm fine with trading you something you need for it. Just let me know when you'll be on.

I'm off work in about 30 minutes, so I should be on within the hour. You gonna be on?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png