As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lord of Ultima: Farmville with Dragons! … and bacon

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am also on continent twelve, though I'm not sure how active I'll be with this. Quite a lot I don't quite get, so I feel like I'm making a mistake with every building I erect.

For awhile I was trying to figure out if there was any reason not to eventually replace most of my forests with sawmills, as even a level one sawmill seems to give a bigger woodcutting bonus (30% versus 25%). Learning that buildings cap out at level ten provided that reason, though, as it means one can only have 100 buildings in a town, despite a landlocked town having roughly 288 lots. With 76 natural resource lots in my town, that leaves over 100 lots free. Seems like plenty of reason to try and find a use for as many of my natural resources as possible.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    SkulkrakenSkulkraken Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dammit. I ended up on Continent 63. :(

In as my forum name.

Skulkraken on
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    guh, I ended up in continent 30. Well, I guess I can hold out to see if anybody else pops up near me.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hurr, did the servers die?

deveric on
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They're down for maintenance, the forum says approximately 20 minutes.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PagoonPagoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wouldn't mind trying this out. Seems cool.

Edit: Name is the same on here, Pagoon.

Pagoon on
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Could you invite me too, looks very interesting! It's SharpyVII

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    SakedoSakedo Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    Invite Sakedo please.

Sakedo on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just signed up, in game name is Seeheld

smokmnky on
  • Options
    TrekkieTrekkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    zareph is my game name. i wish for glory of something to do while on conference calls

Trekkie on
    Eve Online: Zareph
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    deleted.

Turner on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There is now a World 5, NA server.

Just saying.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Man it takes too flipping long before you can start getting more cities.

Also I call shenanigans on the top ranked players on World 3.

The sheer amount of point difference from rank 1 to even rank 10 just screams "exploiter" to me.

Granted, it is beta but that's obnoxious.

Anyway, any word on when this will go "live"? I just made a city on world 5 but man my starting resources sucked ass and there's no way (that I can see) to abandon your city and start a new one.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Man it takes too flipping long before you can start getting more cities.

Also I call shenanigans on the top ranked players on World 3.

The sheer amount of point difference from rank 1 to even rank 10 just screams "exploiter" to me.

Granted, it is beta but that's obnoxious.

Anyway, any word on when this will go "live"? I just made a city on world 5 but man my starting resources sucked ass and there's no way (that I can see) to abandon your city and start a new one.

Keep in mind, in this game people can take away the cities of others via sieges (as long as the both parties have a castle, which is required to initiate any attacks on other players; without one, players cannot themselves attack other players, and can only be plundered and spied on by other players). So it's not especially unreasonable for there to be a large gap between high level players.

Speaking of which, I think having your last town taken is the only way to start fresh. There does not seem to be any way to actually destroy a town.

The game went 'live' yesterday. Despite original plans, they decided last month not to wipe the servers at the end of beta.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jubal is in the game ready for invite.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    PhantPhant Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Phant in game. Invites Plox. I have cities in both servers 3 and 5, and apparently you can play more than one server at a time

I'm on continent 45 on server 3 and 23 on server 5.

Phant on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You guys should indicate what continent you're on so we can get you in the right alliance(s).

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So are Mill's worth building near farms?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Invite Holton please.

edit: continent 36

edit2: is anyone planning on starting a world 5 alliance?

Topia on
  • Options
    Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If we ever choose to go to another server, we should set a time and a date to create new people on the new server. This way everyone should end up at least on the same continent for the most part. If we schedule something like that a week in advance we shouldn't have a problem getting a large group together.

Ash-Housewares on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So are Mill's worth building near farms?

Assuming the farms have empty spaces near them, then I'd imagine they'd benefit from one, as the bonus from the mill should factor in after the bonuses from the empty spaces (but keep in mind farms can only benefit from a maximum of one mill).

Whether or not it's worth it, though, is something you'll have to figure out for yourself, based on your farm setup, your resource needs, and how many buildings you can afford to devote to your food production.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, a level 2 Dragon popped up near me. Anybody have any idea what it will take to kill it?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If it follows the same scale as the dungeons, probably not a whole lot. 20+ mans?

Bigity on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've lost a fight vs. a level 2 dragon with ~120manz, so I usually send around 180-200 nowadays. They drop great artifacts though, really worthwhile (10k wood, 3k all ones are the best).

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    holy cow, so level 2 dragons <> raiding a lvl 2 dungeon? Or do you need those kinds of numbers for dungeons as well?

Bigity on
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If we ever choose to go to another server, we should set a time and a date to create new people on the new server. This way everyone should end up at least on the same continent for the most part. If we schedule something like that a week in advance we shouldn't have a problem getting a large group together.

I am in total support of this, if we get everyone to restart at say 10 PM eastern time on a certain day, I'm certain we could get everyone on one continent.

Khildith on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bigity wrote: »
    holy cow, so level 2 dragons <> raiding a lvl 2 dungeon? Or do you need those kinds of numbers for dungeons as well?

Dungeons you fight regular mobs. The big dudes roaming the maps are bosses. They always take more mans.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Khildith wrote: »

I am in total support of this, if we get everyone to restart at say 10 PM eastern time on a certain day, I'm certain we could get everyone on one continent.

Eh, even if we could; there would always be players coming in late wanting to join, on different continents; among other issues.

Unless we all just wanted a fresh start on a fresh server all at once, there's not a huge benefit to doing it.

World 5 is new-ish but if we were to do it I'd prefer to wait till the next NA server pops up to make it super-clean.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Is it possible to settle new cities on a different continent?

Phant on
  • Options
    FloowidFloowid Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Having finally cancelled my WOW account, I need something to fill the hours. This might do it. I'm on world 3 continent 36, if anyone else is hanging out there. Too bad you can't choose your continent, it would help a lot with groups of people who want to play together... oh well.

Floowid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Floowid wrote: »
    Having finally cancelled my WOW account, I need something to fill the hours. This might do it. I'm on world 3 continent 36, if anyone else is hanging out there. Too bad you can't choose your continent, it would help a lot with groups of people who want to play together... oh well.

sup world 3, continent 36 here. Holton is my name, whats yours?

Topia on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Phant wrote: »

Yep, but you need to build a harbor to get there.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    iSnortRitaliniSnortRitalin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Please invite: Sh0nuff ( 0 = zero)

iSnortRitalin on
    "I feel like a cranky old man, just bringing this up, but there's alot of you here... so would you do me a favor? When you're playing online.. Have fun.. but don't be a dick, ok?" -Wil Wheaton PAX 2007

LOTRO - Main: Mikkyo, Elf Hunter
    Alt: Raahl, Human Warden
    WOW - Main: Trulku (retired)
    AOC - Retired.. what a let down....
    SWTOR - can't fu*kin wait!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Do we have a lot of people on continent 36? Maybe we should start our own 36 alliance

Topia on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Phant wrote: »

Yep, but you need to build a harbor to get there.

Awesome, my first city on server 3 is water-accessible. I figure I will just drive hard to turn it into a resource farm and keep the military buildup pure defense, then see if I can't settle a town somewhere on the continent with the majority of the PAers.

EDIT: That way I can maybe get setup close enough to people to be useful as a ally I hope, picking my spot and all.

Phant on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We can settle on other continents besides the one we start on? That'll make it *much* easier to get together with other PA players. Which continent will we be concentrating on?

Skulkraken on
  • Options
    NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Skulkraken wrote: »
    We can settle on other continents besides the one we start on? That'll make it *much* easier to get together with other PA players. Which continent will we be concentrating on?

Yeah, but that's assuming you can get yourself near water somehow. Otherwise you're pretty much stuck.

Noquar on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, it looks like rivers count as much as anything else for water sources. I'm in an otherwise completely land-locked area, and I still have access to harbors and shipyards. The only problem will be building up the town hall up to level 10.

Skulkraken on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Please invite Cylon13.

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ugh, the number of cities on Continent 52 is idiotic now.

They allow waaaaay too many people per continent.

The Dude With Herpes on