As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D 4E maptool/ventrilo game [recruiting 1-2 players]

CalaCala Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Critical Failures
I'm currently DMing a game of 4E that has recently lost 2 players and we now only have 4. I'd like for 1-2 more players to join.

The game is on Thursday nights at 7pm pacific time. We usually run until about 10pm ish.

The group is now 4th level and includes:
Shifter Monk
Kalashtar Warlock
Gnome Swordmage
Dwarf Invoker

As you can see, the main thing the group is missing now is a leader. I'd like for at least one leader to join the group and 1 more of any other role is fine with me.

The game is usually a mix of RP and combat/dungeon crawling. To give you an idea of what sorts of adventures go on, the group has so far:
Delved into some catacombs to rescue prisoners
Evacuated and extinguished a burning temple
Solved a murder mystery that made reference to the Clue boardgame
Stopped a band of orcs from raiding an ancient temple

As stated in the title, we play using Maptool and Ventrilo. For maptool, we also use the 4E framework that's listed at:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6276

I ask that if you want to play with us, please be willing to use that framework and create your character token with it. That way, combat runs a lot faster since everyone can just click their powers in the self contained buttons.

If you want to apply, just leave your character including both the stats and the character background/personality. My plan is to use hooks found in character backgrounds to generate side quests later on in the campaign.

Let me know if you have any questions about the game

Cala on

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why does all the cool shit have to happen on fucking Thursdays, the night I DM *my* Maptool game?

Seriously, this fucking Murphy asshole and his rules can go right to hell.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A little extra information about the campaign would be greatly appreciated.

How is gear distributed? What material is off limits? Do you accept Character Builder files?

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Drswords wrote: »
    A little extra information about the campaign would be greatly appreciated.

How is gear distributed? What material is off limits? Do you accept Character Builder files?

For gear distribution, I generally stick to the guidelines in the DMG in terms of the quantity and level value. I generally choose a wide distribution of items that I think would be neat for the players but players are also free to email me wish lists and I have no problems dropping that stuff in. I'll also probably be experimenting with a few different techniques such as item creation quests.

As for off limits material, I'm mostly fine with anything printed in the books or in Dragon magazine. The only things I would be iffy about are races that only show up in the Monster Manual like the bugbear unless you have a really nifty character concept.

I'm also slightly wary of the Psion, Ardent, and Battlemind after having read the discussion about them in the big D&D chat threads here but if you want to play one, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Character builder files are also fine with me as I myself use Character Builder and the Monster Creator.

As for some background information on the campaign world itself, I haven't planned out too much yet. Reason being that we have a few new players in the group and this is my first campaign I've ever DM'd although I have been playing 4E for over a year now. Thus, I'm trying out different adventure ideas here and there to see what the group likes and we can transition into that once we get fully settled.

Cala on
  • Options
    n3stern3ster __BANNED USERS new member
    edited April 2010
    I think you mean North American players. There isnt a separate PSN for canada, just slightly higher store prices.

n3ster on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    n3ster wrote: »
    I think you mean North American players. There isnt a separate PSN for canada, just slightly higher store prices.

Wow, Wrong Thread much?

Lol...

[strike]Anyways, here is my character sheet. You said you needed a leader, so i brought out a Bard.

http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1790

His name is Ryth Yfandes. He was a child prodigy, rising to minor fame as a musician as a kid. However when that fame passed, he began adventuring. When he was 17 he joined an adventuring company. He ran with Rorgar Bloodbeard ( Dwarven Figther ) Jaden of Rites ( Eladrin Wizard ) and Nathaniel Healswift ( Human Cleric ). They went on a mission to clear a tomb of spiders. However a cold spell in the tomb put out all their torches. Going only by the Wizard's light, they encountered the Spider Queen's Nest. Overwhelmed, they all began to suffer as Ryth panicked and ran into the darkness, back the way they came. Leaving his party to die, he survived by escaping the tomb.

Now, one year later... Ryth is back to preparing for adventure. He is looking for another company to join. But life isnt so simple. He is haunted by his Kalashtar madness. He is struck by visions of his dead party, who speak to him in times of stress. His music, and his talent is suffering due to the spells. Also he has developed a phobia of spiders that one might even call crippling. Despite these setbacks, he still strives for fame and fortune, no matter the cost, and strives to set a name for himself as a famous bard.

I made the character with DMG standard equipment rules. He is a Prescience bard. Most of his ability is based around either negating damage, making the enemy have a harder time to hit, or healing the party. Although he carries a shortsword and handcrossbow, he does not use weapons if he can help it. All of his powers are implement based.

Ill PM you my contact details. If you guys need a vent server i have one, though i assume you use your own.[/strike]

Edit: My thursdays just got booked. Sorry. I was kinda looking forward to the group.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Edit: My thursdays just got booked. Sorry. I was kinda looking forward to the group.

Doh, I was going to say that your character concept looked good.

If anyone else is still interested, I've already received a cleric application that I'll probably be taking but I can still take 1 more player is anyone is interested. Since the group now has a leader, I'm fine with any character role joining in.

Cala on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cala wrote: »

Doh, I was going to say that your character concept looked good.

If anyone else is still interested, I've already received a cleric application that I'll probably be taking but I can still take 1 more player is anyone is interested. Since the group now has a leader, I'm fine with any character role joining in.

Yea sorry about that. I ended up joining up with a local group on thursdays. Stuff pops up at the weirdest times.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wow, my thursday would actually be perfectly suited for this. What would you prefer? I have tons of characters lying around from PbPs I didn't get into that I can easily level to 4th and I also love making characters, so there's that. If you're dead set on that cleric, I have a ranged beastmaster ranger I liked, or I can bust out another Ardent Paladin and Striker/off-defender/off-leader. =P

Ardent Paladins are fun.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Delmain wrote: »
    Wow, my thursday would actually be perfectly suited for this. What would you prefer? I have tons of characters lying around from PbPs I didn't get into that I can easily level to 4th and I also love making characters, so there's that. If you're dead set on that cleric, I have a ranged beastmaster ranger I liked, or I can bust out another Ardent Paladin and Striker/off-defender/off-leader. =P

Ardent Paladins are fun.

I'm fine with either one you'd like to play. The Ardent Pally might be good in the sense that it'd be easier to cover if our defender or leader can't make it that night but I can work around that easily enough. Feel free to leave character details for whichever one you want. Feel free to leave character details for multiple characters if you want!

Cala on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll put some up later tonight. I have to find where I left the files. ;-P

Delmain on