As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

X-Men Thread: Regenesis is here, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel?

• kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I liked Apocalypse and his role in the Messiah War, plus isn't part of him now based off of Warren Worthington's personality since it was Archangel that revived him in order to take on both Stryfe and Bishop?

Well, Apocalypse in the future is. Current time Apocalypse was taken away by Celestials after his most recent failure in starting shit. So it's hard to say how they are going to handle it.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WeAreTheX-Men-5_02.jpg

So... Jubilee is a vampire now? Are we really doing this?

Ranadiel on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Still, Nate Grey aint so bad, I guess.

Solar on
    edited April 2010
    I guess I should just post the rest of these since I haven't noticed them yet in this thread. July seems like it'll be a wacky month for the X-Men. Spoilered for huge:
    WeAreTheX-Men_01.jpg
    WeAreTheX-Men_02.jpg
    WeAreTheX-Men_03.jpg
    WeAreTheX-Men_04.jpg
    WeAreTheX-Men_05.jpg

So Blade is going to be an X-Man now too? I guess they just let anyone in these days? And with Jubilee being a vampire now for some reason, I'm sure that'll result in some awkward moments to say the least. And Elektra - I haven't kept up on the character, but I didn't even think she was a mutant. Or is that a requirement to be on the team anymore now that Cyke's in charge? I also don't recognize the girl paired with Magneto, or the girl paired with Blade. Any ideas?

Ranadiel on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ranadiel wrote: »
    I guess I should just post the rest of these since I haven't noticed them yet in this thread. July seems like it'll be a wacky month for the X-Men. Spoilered for huge:

So Blade is going to be an X-Man now too? I guess they just let anyone in these days? And with Jubilee being a vampire now for some reason, I'm sure that'll result in some awkward moments to say the least. And Elektra - I haven't kept up on the character, but I didn't even think she was a mutant. Or is that a requirement to be on the team anymore now that Cyke's in charge? I also don't recognize the girl paired with Magneto, or the girl paired with Blade. Any ideas?

Honestly, no one has any idea exactly what the preview images really indicate. We do know that X-Men are fighting vampires in San Fran after Second Coming and that the X-folk are going to be more integrated with the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Tomanta on
    edited April 2010
    So you figure that they just redrew Jubilee as a vampire for the hell of it?

Ranadiel on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As of her last appearance she wasn't a vampire. Since there is a vampire storyline coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if she is turned into one but... why would you spoil something like that?

Tomanta on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    To build up interest. If she's an early convert, like in the first few pages of the first issue, then it's just an early preview.

Also, I thought the vampire thing was a separate mini.

Robos A Go Go on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    No. the first arc of the new X-Men ongoing is called "Mutants VS Vampires"

Furu on
    edited April 2010
    Yikes.

At least Superman and Batman VS Werewolves and Vampires didn't screw with any of their ongoing books.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2010
    Turning Jubilee into a vampire might not be a bad move for the character...and I say that with tightly gritted teeth, since vampirism in mainstream comics is gimmicky at best. Jubilee has never been able to garner much fandom, and "vampirism" is just one of the many shark-jumping techniques writers tend to use when trying to make a character more interesting. Others being a sudden death and subsequent ressurection, amping their powers up to ridiculous levels, swapping out or drastically changing their powers, making them a villain for a few issues, or turning them into unabashed whores. I'm a personal fan of the latter, myself.

Psylocke is a great example of a character who has gone through pretty much every single one of those changes at some point, though I don't think she's been a vampire yet.

Ranadiel on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't like the idea of Mutants vs Vampires, but there could be a good story about the X-men trying to reverse M-Day and have it backfire and result in the depowered mutants becoming vamps.

Or at least it could have been good if they had let Mike Carey write it - he's done a fantastic job on Legacy, and has written some great supernatural (Felix Castor, various Vertigo books) and vampire (Wetworks) stories in the past. Victor Geschler's vampire books are crap, in my unhumble opinion - I'm not expecting good things from his run.

Hensler on
    edited April 2010
    I will buy everything Carey has ever done if he does a Rockslide focused issue of Legacy.

I mean he's doing an Indra one after Second Coming for chrissakes. Indra!

Furu on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I also don't recognize the girl paired with Magneto

I believe that's Savage She-Hulk.
    or the girl paired with Blade.

That's Hope, supposed Mutant Messiah. Messiah Complex, Messiah War, and Second Coming are a trilogy - she was the first mutant born since M Day, and it's pretty much a given that she has some connection to the Phoenix Force and/or Jean Grey.

Nightslyr on
    edited April 2010
    1271593152-592x900.jpg

I hope Nate Grey being in this picture means he's going to be a regular part of the X-books now.

Hensler on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When they kill Cable off in Second Coming, it's easy to just take Nate Grey #2 and slide him over to the active roster.

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    When they kill Cable off in Second Coming, it's easy to just take Nate Grey #2 and slide him over to the active roster.

But have his ghost live in Nate's head, like that professor guy who talks to Firestorm (everything I know about Firestorm is from a handful of JLA appearances).

Hensler on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would like that.

Cable would be telling Nate all the time "Screw your TK! Use guns! Big Guns!" (pointed at their heart, bang bang shooting like a firing squad.....)

TexiKen on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    I hope Nate Grey being in this picture means he's going to be a regular part of the X-books now.

they just needed a mutant that's routinely shirtless but wears an open coat for the vampire shot. just like in true blood.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010

So Blade is going to be an X-Man now too? I guess they just let anyone in these days? And with Jubilee being a vampire now for some reason, I'm sure that'll result in some awkward moments to say the least.

this will be just like when blade joined mi13 and had a sort of stab/love relationship with speedette macbritish

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »

But have his ghost live in Nate's head, like that professor guy who talks to Firestorm (everything I know about Firestorm is from a handful of JLA appearances).

Funny I had the same idea roughly 200 posts ago in this very thread! I've got my eye on you Hensler! If it actually happens in the book I will split the lawsuit winnings with you 90/10 in my favor and take you under my wing for further adventures in comic book wish thinking.

Caveman Paws on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ~pic~

That picture looks ridiculous.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cable can't die

him and nate need to have a road trip with man-thing and devil dinosaur

in the back of US-1

in space

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, the vampire that turned Colossus must have had a teeny hand drill and a lot of time to spare.

Wildcat on
  • MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Servo wrote: »

this will be just like when blade joined mi13 and had a sort of stab/love relationship with speedette macbritish

That's a much better name than Spitfire.
    Actually, was it spitfire? I didn't read that arc.

Mattitude on
    I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Can't have a British combat group without a Spitfire!

Wildcat on
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    /pic

That's the worst picture of Psylocke I've ever seen. Are those sideburns?

Linespider5 on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    /pic

That's the worst picture of Psylocke I've ever seen. Are those sideburns?

Dracula sideburns. OoooohhhhHHH!!

stevemarks44 on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Muttonchops, even.

Solar on
  • Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cable can't die

in the back of US-1

in space

Whoa whoa whoa.

Let's keep it in the mutant family

let it be Razorback instead of US-1

Captain Ultra on
    edited April 2010
    2nla1qu.jpg

No Rockslide? But he's on the cover for issue 2

Mannnnnn

Furu on
    edited April 2010
    cable can't die

in the back of US-1

in space

Whoa whoa whoa.

it's my story and I'll write what I want

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    snip

That is some incredibly shitty art. Gambit, in particular.

Nightslyr on
    edited April 2010
    cable can't die

in the back of US-1

in space

Whoa whoa whoa.

it's my story and I'll write what I want

If you could find a place for Prez as well I think it would be perfect.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Prez is DC, so you're going to have to pull some Amalgam shit for that.

Prezorback, the President of all Teen Space Truckers.

There you go.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
    edited April 2010
    143999 wrote: »
    Prez is DC, so you're going to have to pull some Amalgam shit for that.

Prezorback, the President of all Teen Space Truckers.

There you go.

Damn you're right, curses!

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
    edited April 2010
    no prez is in my ultimate DC book

Him, Angel and the Ape, and Christopher Chance travel in time to fight world war 2 with The Haunted Tank but wind up on Dinosaur Island

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited April 2010
    That team vampire pic is offending my senses in so many ways I don't even know where to begin. Gha!

I could give Jubes a pass for becoming a vampire, but all of them? What the hell? There's got to be something afoot here... I don't think that any one vampire would have the time or ability to turn the entire fucking X-team into bloodsuckers.

The first reasonable conclusion I can think of is that there's some kind of magical thing going on here...like there was some sort of accident that somehow turns the entire group collectively into vampires?

Or maybe Marvel is going to attempt their first daring thing in 50 years turn the entire X-family into vampires, only to have them all staked and killed in subsequent episodes.

I swear Marvel storylines seem to be pulled from a bottomless, festering asshole lately. Maybe we need to just burn it to the ground and start fresh...

...wait...they already tried that with Decimation. Blargh.

Ranadiel on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2010
    or maybe it's a variant picture designed to promote an upcoming storyline

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, not all the people who were shown as Skrulls in the Secret Invasion promos actually were Skrulls.

Robos A Go Go on