As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I can't [chat] this

1575859606163»

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Feral, what non fiction are you working through?

I've gone this entire month without a new book purchase. New paycheck is gonna net me some good shit.

I got bored with My Stroke of Genius and put it down, but I intend to finish it.

I'm reading Open to Desire which a book on Buddhism by a white American dude, so joke away.

My next book is called The Unthinkable which is about the factors that reinforce psychological resiliency.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The easiest way to purchase wine is to go into an empty liquor store and watch the emotion in the cashier's eyes as you pick up various bottles. If you are looking cheap, try to minimize scorn. If you're looking for expensive, try to cross from pity into jealousy.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Also, woo, only half an hour before my girlfriend arrives.

Those FedEx tracking numbers are pretty neat.

Fuckers will still not ring the doorbell and make me go out to the depot nine times out of ten though. I've had three eastern European brides die in holding from asphyxiation this month.

you should look into anaerobic brides

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    japan wrote: »

And I haven't drunk enough white wine to figure out what I like and dislike, so every bottle is a lottery. I can pretty much drink any red wine, but I'm pickier about white.
    I think a rough red is normally a better time than a rough white. I have no white wine knowledge at all.

all i know about wine is this

i want a Riesling

no i do not care what brand or grapes or whatever

just bring me a Riesling
    Sweet tooth, eh?

They make a Riesling so sweet that sugar starts crystalizing on the cork in the bottle.

you have no idea: i hate candy and cake and cupcakes and desserts.....but I LOVE sweet dinners and beverages (except for coffee and tea, which are the exceptions)

like a sweet and spicy fra diavolo sauce is what I LOVEEEE to make at home

and then drink a honey wheat beer or riesling with it

Arch on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

And I haven't drunk enough white wine to figure out what I like and dislike, so every bottle is a lottery. I can pretty much drink any red wine, but I'm pickier about white.
    I think a rough red is normally a better time than a rough white. I have no white wine knowledge at all.

i want a Riesling

just bring me a Riesling
    Sweet tooth, eh?

They make a Riesling so sweet that sugar starts crystalizing on the cork in the bottle.

My buddy is a sommelier at Jacques Gorges, one of the four star restaurants in NYC. He has special tongs to open up old bottles of port, because the cork crystalizes to the bottle. He heats up the tongs so that they snap open the bottle of the neck without getting glass in the port. They're technically illegal: he had to go to Portugal to get them.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    i think tube hates me

If it's any consolation, that guy really didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »

i want a Riesling

just bring me a Riesling
    Sweet tooth, eh?

My buddy is a sommelier at Jacques Gorges, one of the four star restaurants in NYC. He has special tongs to open up old bottles of port, because the cork crystalizes to the bottle. He heats up the tongs so that they snap open the bottle of the neck without getting glass in the port. They're technically illegal: he had to go to Portugal to get them.

i need this wine

Arch on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Tomato Wine.

Yes.

And yes, it is tasty.

I've been into eau de vies lately. the idea of fermenting and distilling unusual fruits (and by this i mean things besides grapes and apples) is pretty cool to me. even if kirsch is a little harsh.

does anyone know anything about barrel-aged eau de vies? it seems like they would be good.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Feral, what non fiction are you working through?

I've gone this entire month without a new book purchase. New paycheck is gonna net me some good shit.

I got bored with My Stroke of Genius and put it down, but I intend to finish it.

I'm reading Open to Desire which a book on Buddhism by a white American dude, so joke away.

My next book is called The Unthinkable which is about the factors that reinforce psychological resiliency.

hehehe.

Though my dad and his teacher used to go up to Granite Falls pretty reguarly to study Aikido with the worlds only caucasian Shinto priest.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So in the end my decision was to install Unison on this computer and do a one-way sync.

I know rsync would also have worked, but rsync for me never seems to quite work right (or more importantly: there are a lot of options which let you hang yourself quite easily).

Unison is always very very clear about what it's going to do, uses the rsync protocol, and is kind of better suited for this type of task since it takes a lot of care to make absolutely perfect syncs and atomize its operations. Plus the local file copy option is a huge time-saver.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2010

i want a Riesling

just bring me a Riesling
    Sweet tooth, eh?

i need this wine

My Fiancé is a much more fun person with a really sweet port in her.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Tomato Wine.

Yes.

And yes, it is tasty.

I've been into eau de vies lately. the idea of fermenting and distilling unusual fruits (and by this i mean things besides grapes and apples) is pretty cool to me. even if kirsch is a little harsh.

does anyone know anything about barrel-aged eau de vies? it seems like they would be good.

I don't know but when you find some more of this stuff let me know

i feel we have had this conversation already

Arch on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Also, woo, only half an hour before my girlfriend arrives.

Those FedEx tracking numbers are pretty neat.

Fuckers will still not ring the doorbell and make me go out to the depot nine times out of ten though. I've had three eastern European brides die in holding from asphyxiation this month.

The Royal Mail used to do that constantly to me.

The fuckers wouldn't even bother lifting the parcel out of the van, they'd just fill in the "while you were out" slip and put it through the door with the rest of the post. Given that this frequently happened while I was in the house I would have to listen for the letterbox, sprint out the door, and tackle them before they drove off, the shits.

japan on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tomato wine seems like it would need to be aged for at least ten years.

Tomatoes are far more tannic than grapes.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My starcaft 2 beta code is still missing.

Come on Amazon, gamestop people got theirs already! Gamestop!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i was thinking this as well

but is it really tannins in a tomato?

I don't think tomatoes actually have tannin

Arch on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i think tube hates me

did you fuck up somewhere?

tube generally dislikes members who come out of the gate swinging.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Tomato Wine.

Yes.

And yes, it is tasty.

Dandelion, muskidine, and tomato wine were plentiful when I was a youngin.

Sheep on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I really can't stand fortified wines. Way too sweet.

Bulgarian girl loves them though, she can't stand the bitterness of most normal wines.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So in the end my decision was to install Unison on this computer and do a one-way sync.

I know rsync would also have worked, but rsync for me never seems to quite work right (or more importantly: there are a lot of options which let you hang yourself quite easily).

Unison is always very very clear about what it's going to do, uses the rsync protocol, and is kind of better suited for this type of task since it takes a lot of care to make absolutely perfect syncs and atomize its operations. Plus the local file copy option is a huge time-saver.

I used to use Unison for syncing my desktop, laptop, and backup fileserver.

I use grsync now, because unison does something strange thing with some kind of configuration file.

What I really want is something that will let me sync a list of folders in one go, it's a pain having to keep everything in a subfolder of my home folder.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

You wouldn't even be able to guess that it was made from tomatoes.

Sheep on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Ahahahaha. Now this is excellent satire.

(please tell me it's satire)
    Cleanternet is a campaign to support European Commissioner Cecilia Malmström
    in her plans to introduce a website blocking system in Europe.

All European countries must be forced to fight for a cleaner and safer Internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkmcupFx3FQ

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Tomato Wine.

Yes.

And yes, it is tasty.

well, pomme eau de vie is kind of harsh but calvados, which is barrel-aged pomme eau de vie, is really smooth and nice, with a good apple flavor. i've just never seen or even heard of a barrel-aged kirsch or slivovitz or pear williams or whatever else, even though it seems like they would be the awesome.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I really can't stand fortified wines. Way too sweet.

Bulgarian girl loves them though, she can't stand the bitterness of most normal wines.

some vermouths are amazing.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    damnit sheep i have had muscadine but now i want to try dandelion and tomato

i am sure i can find them down here (charleston SC)

Arch on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i was thinking this as well

but is it really tannins in a tomato?

I don't think tomatoes actually have tannin

Tannins are in stems, skins, and seed. So if they really ripened the tomatoes, I guess you just just harvest them and press them for the sugar content. But most of the taste is also in the skins, so if you don't press the skins you'd get a white wine, which seems like it would be quite boring.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I saw that done on that Taste of Spain show or whatever (Famous People Eat Awesome Food and Drive an SLR Around Spain!) and it was incredibly cool.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Tomato Wine.

Yes.

And yes, it is tasty.

well, pomme eau de vie is kind of harsh but calvados, which is barrel-aged pomme eau de vie, is really smooth and nice, with a good apple flavor. i've just never seen or even heard of a barrel-aged kirsch or slivovitz or pear williams or whatever else, even though it seems like they would be the awesome.

okay we DEFINITELY have had this conversation because I am still on the lookout for calvados

Arch on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    okay, someone start up a west-coast themed chat as a shout-out to my less-fortunate brothers.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.