As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] Ghost donkey earns $2 million in four hours

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I judge people by their Gear Scores. If someone can't carry me through an instance or raid, they suck and need to lrn2play harder.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    They use something different at burger king:

nemco-566001-3-16-easy-tomato-slicer-ii.jpg

Wow, what the fuck.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

That's actually pretty close. The important part that was missing is that part at the bottom that would allow it to be used one-handed. As well as the damn handle at the top which would also solve the safety problem.

jackal on
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jackal wrote: »

That's actually pretty close. The important part that was missing is that part at the bottom that would allow it to be used one-handed. As well as the damn handle at the top which would also solve the safety problem.

Yeah, mine didn't have that thing on the bottom that hooks on to a table. Had to hold down from the top and push fast. Thing would slide all the hell over the place after the first 10-15 tomatoes. Cleaning that thing was a bitch, hated that part the most. Still hate doing dishes in general.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's the same tomato sliver that we used at Tim Hortons. The only really hazardous part is cleaning it, because those blades are insanely sharp. Same with out bagel sliver. The bagel slicer is the same exact machine, but a single blade. Put bagel into the bagel shaped ram, drive it into blade, sliced product shoots out the other end.

Anyway, how 'bout them WoWs. They still fun, yeah?

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I don't know. I haven't played WoW since last night.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    You can not eat greens all day and still be healthy. There are plenty of great recipes involving chicken and other tasty meals that are very healthy.

Bowen, you realize there are two types of diabetes right? Not everyone has diabetes because they're a lard ass. Some people are genetically diabetic.

If you don't eat leafy green vegetables you're probably deficient in some vitamins and minerals, but you are right that you can get those things elsewhere. And chicken is a lovely lean protein that is not really comparable.

To follow up your point, yes people with type 1 diabetes are not to blame as that is not brought on oneself, but type 2 diabetes in 99% of cases is brought on oneself and treatable if people would stop eating like shit. Both my parents have type 2 diabetes and eat fast food and shoot up insulin. I'm perfectly fit, exercise daily, eat right, and no diabetes. Tada.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Right, you ignored my point. My point was that you can't quickly blame people with diabetic for eating like shit. Sometimes it is genetic.

I don't eat many leafy green vegetables. It is possible to supplement what you miss from those. I refuse to buy out of season produce shipped overnight from China or some shit at Wal-mart, so I don't eat a lot of fruit or vegetables. Also, vegetables are expensive as fuuuck. God damn. $5 for a head of lettuce or 6 cheeseburgers? No wonder why this country is full of tubasses.

And it's not really tada that if you exercise you don't have diabetes. The physiology of exercise has a great adaptive effect on insulin secretion. You can eat like absolute dogshit as long as you exercise everyday and you'll never get diabetes. You'll get super fat, but your insulin levels will remain homeostatic.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    End wrote: »

I don't know. I haven't played WoW since last night.
    I haven't play for... a month?
    Beyond, see how long it's been since I've logged in.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Type 1 diabetes can also be environmentally induced, there was a twin study that showed that I think.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    But I'm busy filling out job applications :V

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    . You can eat like absolute dogshit as long as you exercise everyday and you'll never get diabetes. You'll get super fat, but your insulin levels will remain homeostatic.

I read that as homoerotic at first and was very o_O followed by:winky: Now I am just :lol:

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Stop being lazy.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Stop being lazy.

You can't tell me what to do! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM!

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Stop being lazy.

You can't tell me what to do! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM!

Maybe if you hadn't tried to make logical items, this wouldn't be an issue!

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It's 1630 on a Friday, you're not getting that job.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It's 1630 on a Friday, you're not getting that job.

I'll show you. If I get the job will you eat your hat?

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Speaking of jobs, I think I'm going to go walk over to my boss right now and quit.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Stop being lazy.

You haven't logged on in 19 days. I won't be the one to do it, but you have another 40ish days before an officer will want to boot you for inactivity.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Speaking of jobs, I think I'm going to go walk over to my boss right now and quit.

Tell them you gquit!

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, make sure you /ragefist

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oooh. Stage a walkout but don't tell anyone you quit or are quitting. It will be hilarious when they realize that you don't care about your job or theirs!

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Or pull a friendly prank on your boss. Like, hide a snake in his car with a note tied to it saying "I QUIT DICKFACE"

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    No, I like my boss. I just hate my job.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Then the answer is clear. Sleep with your boss and then quit.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »

If you sleep with him, he might give you a better job.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »

If you sleep with him, he might give you a better job.

AND you got laid. It's win-win.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »

If you sleep with him, he might give you a better job polishing knobs.

Fixed that for accuracy.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't like where this is going. I'm never talking to any of you again!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey, we are trying to help. Geez.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I still like my snake idea.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Right, you ignored my point. My point was that you can't quickly blame people with diabetic for eating like shit. Sometimes it is genetic.

I don't eat many leafy green vegetables. It is possible to supplement what you miss from those. I refuse to buy out of season produce shipped overnight from China or some shit at Wal-mart, so I don't eat a lot of fruit or vegetables. Also, vegetables are expensive as fuuuck. God damn. $5 for a head of lettuce or 6 cheeseburgers? No wonder why this country is full of tubasses.

And it's not really tada that if you exercise you don't have diabetes. The physiology of exercise has a great adaptive effect on insulin secretion. You can eat like absolute dogshit as long as you exercise everyday and you'll never get diabetes. You'll get super fat, but your insulin levels will remain homeostatic.

I hope you don't really believe that. If you eat like shit, your body has a high chance of becoming insulin resistant, leading to type 2 diabetes, whether you burn some calories exercising or not. Not to mention, depending on your example of eating like dog shit, you would have to exercise for hours and hours just to not get fat for most people. I know some fatties who probably eat 5k cals a day without even thinking about it. Just constantly eating out at restaurants and shit.

I was actually trying to agree with part of your original post, that you can't blame everybody with diabetes for being a fatass, though the majority of type 2 patients are just that, and they did it to themselves. As for the whole healthy food is too expensive for me argument, that's horseshit in most cases.

I spend less than $100 a week in groceries for my wife and I, and that's for every meal for the entire week. I can buy enough fresh turnip greens or spinach to eat for 2 or 3 weeks for a few dollars. I can get enough chicken breast to cook for dinner for 2 weeks for $10. You just have to know how to cook real meals from whole foods. Most people I know spend upwards of $300 a month on eating out to dinner alone. Put that towards groceries and it seems a lot cheaper. =)

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, but who wants to eat chicken and turnips every night? That sounds awful.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Double Down

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, but who wants to eat chicken and turnips every night? That sounds awful.

My dad eats the same lunch every day. That's something I can't ever do. I need variety!

edit: 100th page! WOO!

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I could eat pizza/chili dogs/sushi every day.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I could eat at Subway every day. Actually, some weeks I come pretty close.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know it's healthy because Jared Fogel blah blah blah blah

goddammit I want subway now.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »

I hope you don't really believe that. If you eat like shit, your body has a high chance of becoming insulin resistant, leading to type 2 diabetes, whether you burn some calories exercising or not. Not to mention, depending on your example of eating like dog shit, you would have to exercise for hours and hours just to not get fat for most people. I know some fatties who probably eat 5k cals a day without even thinking about it. Just constantly eating out at restaurants and shit.

I was actually trying to agree with part of your original post, that you can't blame everybody with diabetes for being a fatass, though the majority of type 2 patients are just that, and they did it to themselves. As for the whole healthy food is too expensive for me argument, that's horseshit in most cases.

I spend less than $100 a week in groceries for my wife and I, and that's for every meal for the entire week. I can buy enough fresh turnip greens or spinach to eat for 2 or 3 weeks for a few dollars. I can get enough chicken breast to cook for dinner for 2 weeks for $10. You just have to know how to cook real meals from whole foods. Most people I know spend upwards of $300 a month on eating out to dinner alone. Put that towards groceries and it seems a lot cheaper. =)

What is your degree in?

Also, 5000 kCal is a crazy amount of food. I eat ~1400 a day and anymore is too filling.

Obviously, you can spin "eat like dogshit" to mean that you'll get diabetes if you eat 92,000 calories a day, but that's not what I meant. If you eat microwave dinners or eat out once or twice a day and do your recommended 45 minutes of cardiovascular endurance training before breakfast and an hour of strength training in the afternoon, you won't get diabetes. Furthermore, you only become insulin resistant when you ingest too much glucose which spikes the insulin response. If you don't eat 500g of carbs at every meal, this will never happen anyways.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know it's healthy because Jared Fogel blah blah blah blah

goddammit I want subway now.

You know I usually get a turkey on wheat with avacado, spinach and tomatos. It's vaguely healthy.

Regina Fong on
This discussion has been closed.