As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX EAST PRIZE HELP (BFBC2 3D)

DocanDocan Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in PAX Archive
So here my problem, at PAX East up in the free play PC area Nvidia/Dice/Alienware had the 3D BFBC2 Tournament that never happened since the machines were crashing and on the frits. They decided to open that area up to free play and run mini tournaments thought the last 2 days. I competed in the first mini tournament SAT night and won a pair of Nvidia 3D glass i was told. I then proceeded to enter all my info into a Dice/EA employees Blackberry. I was told wait 2-3 weeks for email regarding them shipping me the prize. So its been a month now and no word. I was hoping the PAX community could put me in contact with someone to sort this out.

As for who was running there mini tournment there were a few DICE employees at the event including Gordon Van Dyke, he was him running around but he was not the one running the actually event. It was a young DICE PR dude from what i could tell, the same dude who was shout casting BFBC2 at last year PAX Prime.

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Docan

Docan.png
Docan on

• David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited April 2010
    Shoot me an email at dcoffman@penny-arcade.com.

I'll see if I can't help track this down.

David Coffman on
  • DocanDocan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shoot me an email at dcoffman@penny-arcade.com.

I'll see if I can't help track this down.

TY!

Docan on
    Docan.png
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This may upset you, but this is the truth.

If you won a pair of Nvidia 3D glasses that look like this, you are probably not going to be able to do anything with
    them once you get them. To be able to use them at all you will need a TV or monitor that can run at 120Hz or is
    on this list. If you don't have a display on that list, do not open the box that the glasses come in because you
    might as well sell them on Ebay. Unless you have decided to buy a new monitor or TV so you can use these.

Besides the monitor you will also need a Nvidia video card that is listed here.

I really like 3D Vision, but that is mostly due to the fact that I got the glasses kit and a 120Hz Samsung monitor for
    free from Nvidia because I reviewed it for my site.

I hope this post was helpful to you, or at least not too upsetting.

Love,
    mentok1982

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • DocanDocan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mentok1982 wrote: »

If you won a pair of Nvidia 3D glasses that look like this, you are probably not going to be able to do anything with
    them once you get them. To be able to use them at all you will need a TV or monitor that can run at 120Hz or is
    on this list. If you don't have a display on that list, do not open the box that the glasses come in because you
    might as well sell them on Ebay. Unless you have decided to buy a new monitor or TV so you can use these.

I really like 3D Vision, but that is mostly due to the fact that I got the glasses kit and a 120Hz Samsung monitor for

Love,
    mentok1982

Just got my 470 GTX card in yesterday and my monitor supports 120hz!

Docan on
    Docan.png
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Docan wrote: »
    mentok1982 wrote: »

Love,
    mentok1982

Just got my 470 GTX card in yesterday and my monitor supports 120hz!

HURRAY! I highly recommend Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Metro 2033, BioShock 2, and Resident Evil 5. Those last three
    games were included in the GTX 480 review I wrote. I included 3D Vision frame rates in that review btw. A game
    that you cannot play with 3D Vision yet is Aliens Vs Predator. Nvidia needs to fix that with a driver update.

If you need any help with setup or anything let me know. I'll PM you my cell number.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
This discussion has been closed.