As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat] Ghost donkey earns $2 million in four hours

1575859606163»

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, but who wants to eat chicken and turnips every night? That sounds awful.

Being under 10% body fat and having people admire your body feels a lot better than mcdonald's tastes. =P
    What is your degree in?

Also, 5000 kCal is a crazy amount of food. I eat ~1400 a day and anymore is too filling.

Obviously, you can spin "eat like dogshit" to mean that you'll get diabetes if you eat 92,000 calories a day, but that's not what I meant. If you eat microwave dinners or eat out once or twice a day and do your recommended 45 minutes of cardiovascular endurance training before breakfast and an hour of strength training in the afternoon, you won't get diabetes. Furthermore, you only become insulin resistant when you ingest too much glucose which spikes the insulin response. If you don't eat 500g of carbs at every meal, this will never happen anyways.

My degree is in schooling fools. Really it's Accounting. =)

You're right that if you eat what you described and workout as you described you won't get diabetes, but I would argue you would feel a lot better if you ate whole foods and not microwave dinners and other processed shit. I know I felt a lot better when I fixed my diet way back when. As for 5000 kCals being a lot, I know it is. I'm talking about people who eat 3 or 4 breadsticks and a big plate of Fettucine Alfredo at the olive garden. You're looking at 2500 cals probably just from that meal, not counting the sodas they're sucking down.

Also, if you eat 1400 calories a day you are either a woman or the scrawniest man around, lol. I have to eat 3k minimum just to not lose lean mass.

Joshmvii on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »

Being under 10% body fat and having people admire your body feels a lot better than mcdonald's tastes. =P

emot-jerkit.gif

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would eat Big Macs every day if it weren't cost ineffective and extremely unhealthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Gorske

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Guys uh...WoW thread.

So, abouts how hard are Ulduar hard-modes, for a 10man raid that will be entirely ICC10/25 gear? It looks like we're taking an ICC break this week and doing Ulduar for the achievements and the mount. Just curious about what we're looking at here challenge wise, since this is supposed to be a "relaxing" bit. Only one or two guys in the raid have done hardmodes in there before.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Guys uh...WoW thread.

So, abouts how hard are Ulduar hard-modes, for a 10man raid that will be entirely ICC10/25 gear? It looks like we're taking an ICC break this week and doing Ulduar for the achievements and the mount. Just curious about what we're looking at here challenge wise, since this is supposed to be a "relaxing" bit. Only one or two guys in the raid have done hardmodes in there before.

With ICC gear, you'll breeze through most of them and then bang your heads awhile on Firefighter and Yogg, possibly Freya.

reVerse on
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Enig wrote: »
    I would eat Big Macs every day if it weren't cost ineffective and extremely unhealthy.

How fat is this man? Or was he cursed by a gypsy?

JJ on
    edited April 2010
    JJ wrote: »

Guy's rail thin, he was featured in part of Super Size Me. I think we can regard him as an outlier, though.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »

What is your degree in?

Also, 5000 kCal is a crazy amount of food. I eat ~1400 a day and anymore is too filling.

Obviously, you can spin "eat like dogshit" to mean that you'll get diabetes if you eat 92,000 calories a day, but that's not what I meant. If you eat microwave dinners or eat out once or twice a day and do your recommended 45 minutes of cardiovascular endurance training before breakfast and an hour of strength training in the afternoon, you won't get diabetes. Furthermore, you only become insulin resistant when you ingest too much glucose which spikes the insulin response. If you don't eat 500g of carbs at every meal, this will never happen anyways.

My degree is in schooling fools. Really it's Accounting. =)

You're right that if you eat what you described and workout as you described you won't get diabetes, but I would argue you would feel a lot better if you ate whole foods and not microwave dinners and other processed shit. I know I felt a lot better when I fixed my diet way back when. As for 5000 kCals being a lot, I know it is. I'm talking about people who eat 3 or 4 breadsticks and a big plate of Fettucine Alfredo at the olive garden. You're looking at 2500 cals probably just from that meal, not counting the sodas they're sucking down.

Also, if you eat 1400 calories a day you are either a woman or the scrawniest man around, lol. I have to eat 3k minimum just to not lose lean mass.

I'm missing an arm. My metabolic needs are a little bit lower. 1400 kCal is almost exactly my maintenance intake. At 2000 a day I gained about a pound of body fat per month.

Bikkstah on
    edited April 2010
    JJ wrote: »

Guy's rail thin, he was featured in part of Super Size Me. I think we can regard him as an outlier, though.

You'll find that in medicine, genetics is always king over anything else. People with crazy genetics will always run faster, be able to eat more, etc etc. My roommate in college ate fast food 3 times a day and never exercised, but would go out every now and again when bored and run 3 miles at a 6 min pace. Genetic monsters will always beat even the most healthy and schedule-strict individuals. The main factor in play here is the size of the heart and an individual's VO2MAX. One of my physiology professors used to say "Everyone is born with a different size engine, you can soop up the engine on a cavalier but you can't put a bigger one in it."

Bikkstah on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Guys uh...WoW thread.

With ICC gear, you'll breeze through most of them and then bang your heads awhile on Firefighter and Yogg, possibly Freya.

One of my guildmates ran Ulduar 25 man drake pugs the last two Saturdays, so I can give you an idea of what you're up against. They are much, much easier than they were back in the day, but some of the fights aren't necessarily trivialized by MOAR DEEPS, and you'll actually have to do mechanics correctly. Not all of these are hard modes, but I assume if you're going back to do them, you're probably doing the full Glory of the Ulduar Raider.

FL - Zerg it down. Kind of pretend you know what you're doing but I'm not sure you'll even need to do more than one shutdown, if any.

Ignis - LOL

Razorscale - The worst achievement from Glory of The Ulduar Raider. You'll probably have to wipe once you get it, since Razorscale does NOT reset if you drag her out of her area. Also turn off as much reflective damage, cleaves, AoEs, and dots as possible since you need to beat the adds down to ~10,000 health for them to die to the flame breath, which is probably harder to do now than it was back then.

XT - Easy, but horrifically boring.

Kologarn - Pretty easy. Kill the right arm once, dps the chest down to just below the combined max health of both arms, then kill both arms at the same time once the right arm respawns. Mind your cleaves.

Iron Council - Pretty easy. You probably won't even need a tank swap on Steelbreaker in 10.

Auriaya - If you have a third person who can tank the other cat, it's pretty simple. A Paladin tank can use a bubble/cancelaura macro to wipe the bleed stacks off of him without the cats running loose.

Hodir - See Ignis

Thorim - Pretty easy, though the lightning is still plenty deadly.

Freya - Another fight where higher DPS doesn't necessarily equate to an easier fight. Blowing up too many Detonating Lashers too quickly is probably the thing to watch out for the most.

Mimiron - You probably won't get this one in one shot, but it's a lot easier than it was.

Vezax - Both 25 man pugs had much more trouble with this than they did with Firefighter, but he's much harder on 25 than he is on 10. Be sure to not kill him before the Animus spawns or you won't get the achievement.

Yogg - Yogg 10 hard modes aren't what they used to be. If you can manage your sanity, Yogg+1 now is probably easier than Yogg+4 was back in 3.1

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LOLtacularLOLtacular Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Guys uh...WoW thread.

With ToC/ICC gear, you can pug every single Ulduar 25 hard-mode minus Yogg 0 (but including Algalon). It's done bi-weekly on my server. Ulduar 10 should be about as challenging as a heroic 5 man in ICC gear.

LOLtacular on
    fa05acbb52b84269.png
    edited April 2010
    We did a 10 man drake run last Saturday for the first time since we stopped charging for them in ToC and it was very easy. We did Yogg + 1 with Freya so we basically did Yogg 0, in about 5 minutes. It was crazy easy all the way through. We wiped on Firefighter once because the OT thought he was too slick to need to cooldown Plasma Blast still and died. 100k is still 100k. We wiped Kologarn once because we DPS'd his body too hard. Auraiya was the best, killed her in 46 seconds.

Bikkstah on
    edited April 2010
    What's all this wow talk doing in my diabeetus thread?

Wilford Brimley is not amused.

brimley.jpg

Grundlestiltskin on
This discussion has been closed.