As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The old Final Fantasy XIII thread is over, but here is another.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I generally use Lightning, Snow, and Vanille or Hope. I don't use fang at all, and I've kinda neglected to upgrade Sazh's weapons at all so he's generally useless too. His strength and magic are around 400 where my main party is pushing 700.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Barfrost was the first thing Sazh would cast on me after haste when I fought cryos

Yeah, but it was too slow for some reason. We got there when I went med/med/syn and healed through their initial attacks then he got the barfrost on.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    what is the best component gil per xp wise I can buy from Lenora's Garage to upgrade with

you should've opened up the secret shop with mission 7 that sells compact reactors that give 40,000xp a pop and cost like 50k

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    what is the best component gil per xp wise I can buy from Lenora's Garage to upgrade with

you should've opened up the secret shop with mission 7 that sells compact reactors that give 40,000xp a pop and cost like 50k

36 sturdy bones, then whatever metal upgrade thing costs 50k.

p.s. This game has eaten my soul.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    maguffin wrote: »
    B.C. wrote: »
    FUCK VERCINGATOREX

this, so much. I swear to god in his third stage he reset his chain bonus bar 6 times in 6 turns.

I started fighting him and he was going into his shell every other half minute. If I so much as put Poison or a debuff on him he'd go right into his shell.

After about 5 minutes of fighting him I'd probably done enough damage to have a quarter of his health down but he was still at full health from all his healing.

I turned the game off in disgust. Think I'll just grind for Gil a bit next time I turn it back on. Just need 1 mil more before I never need Trapohedrozons again.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wait wait wait

There's a secret shop?

God damn it.

Can I unlock it later? Or is it lost forever?

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You can unlock it later. You just do missions basically. The last shop is waay down the mission list.
    The one with the compact reactor is not too far in tho.

Rinder on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It is not secret.

Nothing in this game is secret.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rinder wrote: »
    You can unlock it later. You just do missions basically. The last shop is waay down the mission list.
    The one with the compact reactor is not too far in tho.

#7 has the reactor, alllllmost positive. Almost to chocobos!

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh the 7th mission.

I thought you meant chapter 7.

I was like NO! WHAT THE FUCK!

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The only things that are missable are accessories that you have sold and can't buy from a shop.

Rinder on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if I have missed any. I have a lot of accessories and have not sold one yet.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so until i get sazh haste im rolling with fang/light/vanille because i like the safety net that having two medics provides.

Aretè on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gonna say this again then go to bed
    FUCK VERCINGATOREX

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    maguffinmaguffin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FUCK VERCINGATOREX

this, so much. I swear to god in his third stage he reset his chain bonus bar 6 times in 6 turns.

I started fighting him and he was going into his shell every other half minute. If I so much as put Poison or a debuff on him he'd go right into his shell.

After about 5 minutes of fighting him I'd probably done enough damage to have a quarter of his health down but he was still at full health from all his healing.

I turned the game off in disgust. Think I'll just grind for Gil a bit next time I turn it back on. Just need 1 mil more before I never need Trapohedrozons again.

when I managed to beat him I had all roles unlocked, light,fang and hope with fully upgraded weapons, genji gloves, hope had magic immunity since he pretty much never left medic, then I just kept wearing it down, it's a tricky fight and I'm completely bamboozled at why they decided to make it become a harder fight every 25% health you knock off him. Not a little bit either, it becomes massively harder.

maguffin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man I have to send the game back now, apparently...

Woe is me.

Think I'm going to buy Heavenly Sword, it's pretty cheap now.

Falx on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    God I just saw how much that thing heals itself. What's the target time for that fight?

Also 15.6 Million HP? God damn it.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    aight so I finally got to chapter 13

isn't there supposed to be a way for me to get back to the chapter 11 area now?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    aight so I finally got to chapter 13

isn't there supposed to be a way for me to get back to the chapter 11 area now?
    you'll get to a point approaching the final boss where you'll get some warp points

it should make itself pretty apparent when it happens

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    God I just saw how much that thing heals itself. What's the target time for that fight?

You think that's a lot?

Yiazmat has 50,112,254 HP in FFXII.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    someone give me a trapozehedron

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

You think that's a lot?

And that is why I shall never complete the Sky Pirate's Den. :(

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    But...at that point you're dealing like a million damage right?

Right?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FUCK VERCINGATOREX

when I managed to beat him I had all roles unlocked, light,fang and hope with fully upgraded weapons, genji gloves, hope had magic immunity since he pretty much never left medic, then I just kept wearing it down, it's a tricky fight and I'm completely bamboozled at why they decided to make it become a harder fight every 25% health you knock off him. Not a little bit either, it becomes massively harder.

boss phases are a thing

it's one element of our culture that we share with the japanese without thinking about it

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

You think that's a lot?

And that is why I shall never complete the Sky Pirate's Den. :(

I did.

Like a man.

t VI - No. Try around 7k damage a hit, but 50k for a single casting for Zodiark.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Um...I was wondering if anyone knew. For the Treasure Hunter achviement do I have to upgrade all weapons to teir 2 in order for it to work? If so....good god.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    Um...I was wondering if anyone knew. For the Treasure Hunter achviement do I have to upgrade all weapons to teir 2 in order for it to work? If so....good god.

it only costs like a million total to do

just a lot of time

EDIT: also yes, but just tier 2

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    just started playin' dis, on chapter 3

my eyes have kind of glazed over from all the new terms and ideas and everything holy geez

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This was the God of War 3 thread at one point too, right? Because man this game is fucking bullshit and the people that made it are fucking dicks.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    this is the first time i recognized a voice actor from another game

LIARA GET OUT OF MY FINAL FANTASY

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Snow was Yuri in Tales of Vesperia, and now he's Kanji in Persona 4. He's everywhere.

captaink on
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    chapter 7 and I am finally feeling the story. I think it isn't so bad! Also, in regards to the party set up you must use for most of that chapter...
    fuck using just snow and hope was a frustrating segment. I let out a cry of joy when you finally get a 3 person party again

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Butters wrote: »
    This was the God of War 3 thread at one point too, right? Because man this game is fucking bullshit and the people that made it are fucking dicks.

bad at videogames

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my only issues with God of War 3
    short

and
    ending? I thought the trilogy was supposed to be over guys, what's goin on?

That second one is kind of a real spoiler

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »

bad at videogames

You beat it on hard? Because that's what mode I am on.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    aaaaand I beat it

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    fffffuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Meissnerd on
  • Options