As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

But then [Mass Effect] began to smell my greatness!

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In ME3, somehow, Joker needs to get laid. Dude deserves a break, even if he did accidentally incur most of the responsibility for getting Shepard killed.

electricitylikesme on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In ME3, somehow, Joker needs to get laid. Dude deserves a break, even if he did accidentally incur most of the responsibility for getting Shepard killed.

It would have to be pretty gentle or he'd break a lot of bones in the process.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So

Infiltrators are not like Vanguards at all.

That's going to take some getting used to.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited April 2010

Brainsex can't be that physically demanding.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    I'll accept a brand new crew only if it's made up of the following:

1) Blasto ("We glow brightly in our support of you, Shepard.")

And ME3 had better have a vorcha romance option.

Corrected.

Orca on
    edited April 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    So

This is why Infiltrator < Vanguard. On the other hand, Infiltrators definitely fit well with settling back and tagging hostiles from cover.

Orca on
    edited April 2010

Certain kinds of brainsex are more strenous than others. Some, for example, can kill you.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010

Certain kinds of brainsex are more strenous than others. Some, for example, can kill you.
    But you might different; you're Shepard.

Orca on
    edited April 2010
    So

I really liked having Dominate as an Infiltrator, personally, because since you have AI hacking you can pretty much turn any enemy to your side (with exceptions, of course).

So, most of the time I would just Dominate the guys in the back (or use AI hacking if they were synthetic) and pick off the rest with my sniper.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

That's why in health class they always tell ya to wear a tinfoil hat.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Axen wrote: »

How is mind babby formed?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I really don't expect very many new squad members in ME3, even if they decide to have half of the ME2 cast bugger off. When combined with the old ME1 members, half the ME2 cast is still a boatload of possible team members.

And I fully expect all of the love interests to be recruitable. The other castmembers are a bit more iffy, but I think we'll see them play a large role. Especially because of the rumored conflict if you 'cheated' on your ME1 love interest.

Didgeridoo on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I know Power Drain is kind of redundant on an infiltrator, and AP Ammo or Dominate would be more useful

but it feels so right

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    edited April 2010
    -Tal wrote: »
    I know Power Drain is kind of redundant on an infiltrator, and AP Ammo or Dominate would be more useful

but it feels so right

Well, with that loadout you can really own those geth.

All three of them.

Orca on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know what would be really cool?

If they ever fixed the stupid eyelash thing. The only workaround I know is annoying and doesn't do anything for the character creator.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

If they ever fixed the stupid eyelash thing. The only workaround I know is annoying and doesn't do anything for the character creator.

Pancake, Bioware just needs to hire you as their tester for ME3's character creator. With your insight and critiques they'll make one that is so advanced that every Shepard will have perfect looks, and we'll be able to create an accurate likeness of almost anyone....

Of course the downside to this is that you'll spend their entire budget on it, and there won't actually be any gameplay in ME3, it'll just be a character creator.

Ad astra on
    edited April 2010
    I just want to know if we're going to start off at like level 20-30 or what.

I hope they don't pull some Metroid Prime stuff for a second time. "Oh noes! You accidentally touched bare wires and now you have lost all your powers!" It certainly, absolutely worked once but that kind of thing grows thin after awhile.

But I can't really see starting at level 20-30 either.

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    Ad astra wrote: »

Pancake, Bioware just needs to hire you as their tester for ME3's character creator. With your insight and critiques they'll make one that is so advanced that every Shepard will have perfect looks, and we'll be able to create an accurate likeness of almost anyone....

Of course the downside to this is that you'll spend their entire budget on it, and there won't actually be any gameplay in ME3, it'll just be a character creator.

Getting eyelashes to show up won't use up their whole budget, I'm sure. They managed to get the eyelashes to appear in ME1.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Cerberus couldn't finish Shepard's eyelashes in time

the thrill of battle stimulates their growth

there you go

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    edited April 2010
    The problem isn't that Shepard doesn't have eyelashes at the beginning of the game.

The problem is that you can't tell if you're picking eyes that have horrifying six foot long spider legs for eyelashes from inside the character creator unless you just already know what eye options have what.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »

How is mind babby formed?

That's really more of a question you should ask your parents. :P

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Do you have, like, notes on every option in the character creator?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited April 2010
    The problem isn't that Shepard doesn't have eyelashes at the beginning of the game.

The problem is that you can't tell if you're picking eyes that have horrifying six foot long spider legs for eyelashes from inside the character creator unless you just already know what eye options have what.

Can't you check online by checking other Shepard pictures?

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    edited April 2010

Can't you check online by checking other Shepard pictures?

Yes.

But would it not be infinitely more convenient if you could do it, say, from in-game? Perhaps even on the very screen where you select your character's eyes?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited April 2010
    But...then how would they torture you?

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They really do need to improve the character creator a bit.

At the very least they need to give us more options in terms of hair and noses. It would also be nice if they let us have a 360 degree view of our characters face, and perhaps a choice of lighting so we could see what it looked like under different circumstances.

Ad astra on
  • EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As I understand it the Unreal engine that ME2 uses doesn't do hair terribly well (at least long hair). The only character with long hair is Miranda (and it doesn't look that great imo).

Ethereal on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What about the messy sort of hair that some of the women on Jacob's loyalty mission have. That's not an option in the character creator.

Dhalphir on
    edited April 2010
    I don't understand why Shepard can't have a big bushy beard. That may not have been kosher in the military, but Shepard has freedom now. Make it available for females too, like Fable.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't understand why Shepard can't have a big bushy beard. That may not have been kosher in the military, but Shepard has freedom now. Make it available for females too, like Fable.

Women with Big Bush[y beards]

Buttcleft on
    edited April 2010
    How in the fuck is an Infiltrator supposed to deal with an advancing krogan in a corridor with no cover?

Because dear sweet space jesus I'm about ready to spike my controller.

OptimusZed on

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i support (for ME3):

romanceable EDI

reaper made from vorcha

big fucking squad of every teammate/ally you've ever had (this means YOU, kirrahe you cloaca!) with most assignable to roles like the end of ME2

EDIT: zed, you have incinerate i don't see what the issue is

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How in the fuck is an Infiltrator supposed to deal with an advancing krogan in a corridor with no cover?

Cloak and retreat the way you came until you find some cover. Which specific spot are you referring to?

Dhalphir on
    edited April 2010

1. Don't get in that position

2. Cloak, get away

3. Shoot

4. Incinerate

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    edited April 2010
    How about (for ME3):
    A reaper made of reapers.

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Cloak and retreat the way you came until you find some cover. Which specific spot are you referring to?
    This would be great if it didn't completely cut off my shot.

And that would probably be OK if the bastard didn't regenerate like crazy.

Which in turn would be less frustrating if I weren't on a time limit.

Fuck this, I want my Vanguard back.

OptimusZed on

• EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    What about the messy sort of hair that some of the women on Jacob's loyalty mission have. That's not an option in the character creator.

Yeah, that hair, Kelly's hair, and Jentha's hair are strangely absent from the character creator. Not an issue if you're on the PC I guess.

Ethereal on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Doing the Mordin recruitment mission, are you ? Those hallways by the exhaust fans are teh suck. Honestly ? Switch to your SMG and pump lead into him until he drops. Hopefully you have someone like Garrus or Zaeed with you to put him on his back with Concussive Shot.

Fairchild on
    edited April 2010
    Fairchild wrote: »

Doing the Mordin recruitment mission, are you ? Those hallways by the exhaust fans are teh suck. Honestly ? Switch to your SMG and pump lead into him until he drops. Hopefully you have someone like Garrus or Zaeed with you to put him on his back with Concussive Shot.

those hallways don't lack cover though.

again Optimus which exact spot are you referring to because I have done an Insanity Infiltrator run and had no significant problems with Krogan. Also I don't recall many hard time limit areas except in collector or geth missions.

Dhalphir on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And that would probably be OK if the bastard didn't regenerate like crazy.

fry the son of a bitch

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy