As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat]abeetus

• DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Is there any way at all to stop BG chat? I'm so tired of always hearing "Omg fucking scrubs" and "shoulda rolled horde"

Stop being a scrub and roll horde.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I'm thinking of dropping enchanting and mining since the consensus seems to be that those are not ideal skills for a DPS...but damn do I not want to go through leveling JC and BS.

FYI, BS/JC are not any better for a DPSer than Enchanting, really. SP/AP enchants to rings are fine. Mining is definitely not optimal for a DPS, but really, the DPS increase you'd see from switching would only matter to the most hardcore of guilds. You're talking about maybe 50 or 100 potential DPS from switching that mining to something else. If you're set on switching, level JC but keep enchanting with it. They go well together anyway.

Yeah? I was reading through the EJ forums and they seemed pretty adamant about BS/JC and/or Eng being the absolute best and other things being a waste.

He'd be just fine keeping enchanting and taking a better second option. Engineering, Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, or even Tailoring (if he's a caster) all would work.

Dehumanized on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Is there any way at all to stop BG chat? I'm so tired of always hearing "Omg fucking scrubs" and "shoulda rolled horde"

Stop being a scrub and roll horde.

The warrior I started leveling up is horde (I normally play alliance) and there are in fact a huge number of horde asshats in my battlegroup. Not only are they just as incompetent on average as allies, they are also by and large much ruder.

Perhaps things differ in other battlegroups?

Regina Fong on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There are zero AVs ever running in the 50-60 on my battlegroup. I've been in the queue for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm thinking of dropping enchanting and mining since the consensus seems to be that those are not ideal skills for a DPS...but damn do I not want to go through leveling JC and BS.

FYI, BS/JC are not any better for a DPSer than Enchanting, really. SP/AP enchants to rings are fine. Mining is definitely not optimal for a DPS, but really, the DPS increase you'd see from switching would only matter to the most hardcore of guilds. You're talking about maybe 50 or 100 potential DPS from switching that mining to something else. If you're set on switching, level JC but keep enchanting with it. They go well together anyway.

Yeah? I was reading through the EJ forums and they seemed pretty adamant about BS/JC and/or Eng being the absolute best and other things being a waste.

He'd be just fine keeping enchanting and taking a better second option. Engineering, Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, or even Tailoring (if he's a caster) all would work.

I took mining in the first place because it just seemed like a good idea to have a gathering profession, and mining seems to be pretty clearly the most lucrative.

Vincent Grayson on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I took mining in the first place because it just seemed like a good idea to have a gathering profession, and mining seems to be pretty clearly the most lucrative.

If you're a caster and you're stacking spellpower, JC is only worth like 2 more spellpower than other crafting professions. JC and BS become much better if you're a physical DPS, since no phyiscal DPS stacks AP.

Also, I don't know how it is on your server, but taking a look at some of the herb prices on mine, I'd have to disagree about mining being the most lucrative.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The thing to consider about power leveling JC is that it is like kicking yourself in the balls repeatedly.

jackal on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    The thing to consider about power leveling JC is that it is like kicking yourself in the balls repeatedly.

I experienced the same thing with enchanting recently. It's still not even max level.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited April 2010

I experienced the same thing with enchanting recently. It's still not even max level.

Enchanting is actually one of the easier ones to level as you go, IMO. Especially now with the dungeon finder. Both enchanting and JC are much more difficult in the upper 200s than they are from 301-450.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I cannot imagine it is anywhere near as bad in Outland as it is in Azeroth.

MINE SOME TRUESILVER.
    Okay.
    NOW MITHRIL.
    That's BELOW Truesilv-
    JUST DO IT!
    Okay fine here's the Mithril.
    NOW GO GET THORIUM!
    That's easy en-
    MORE TRUESILVER!
    What the fuck.

The Muffin Man on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I don't play WoW anymore so I can't remember the exact number, but if you're a DPS the AP/SP from ring enchants is either identical or maybe at most a couple points below what you'd get if you gemmed STR/AGI/SP in those extra slots/gems. The only advantage those two things have over enchanting is that you have more flexibility in that you can gem Hit/ArP or whatever in them if you want that more than AP/SP, but most DPSers are either all about stacking STR/AGI/AP or all about stacking SP anyway.

And when you see someone on Elitist Jerks say something is the absolute best and it's worth it, that often means a spreadsheet shows a less than 1% increase in DPS from using the best option. Those people spend as much time doing math as they do play WoW. That's the most fun part of the game for some people, but you literally don't need to worry about it unless you're trying to be in a guild fighting for world first heroic kills.

Joshmvii on
    edited April 2010
    Charus wrote: »
    JC and BS become much better if you're a physical DPS, since no phyiscal DPS stacks AP.

That's actually not true. I'm fairly sure all plate DPS still stack STR, though I stopped playing a little before 3.3, so I could be wrong at this point.

Joshmvii on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JC and BS become much better if you're a physical DPS, since no phyiscal DPS stacks AP.

That's actually not true. I'm fairly sure all plate DPS still stack STR, though I stopped playing a little before 3.3, so I could be wrong at this point.

AP the stat, not attack power gained from strength or agility.

reVerse on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    On my server there are currently two Jessica Sellers in Dalaran. I've never seen a double spawned npc before.

jackal on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What I wish they could do is have an option to shut off my de in a group because it's beyond annoying for people to de boe's because it's a shard when i am other people have said it's worth more in the ah or to an alt

I know about the cannot trade shards but what I found odd is I was on my warrior I got two of the dps rings in Normal pit I que for a heroic and get the druid I was grouped with he asked if I could trade the rings to him. I tired and it would not let me even though he was in the last group

What do you care, what should you care what people do with the items they win?

Javen on
    edited April 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    What I wish they could do is have an option to shut off my de in a group because it's beyond annoying for people to de boe's because it's a shard when i am other people have said it's worth more in the ah or to an alt

I know about the cannot trade shards but what I found odd is I was on my warrior I got two of the dps rings in Normal pit I que for a heroic and get the druid I was grouped with he asked if I could trade the rings to him. I tired and it would not let me even though he was in the last group

The problem is you're using logical thinking to say "They won the greed roll, so it's not your business if they shard it or sell it." The people who don't like the DE system(especially when they're the enchanter) are saying "I am the one whose profession is getting used, so I should have the right to dictate what people do with rolls they win."

At the end of the day, most people just like to find a reason to have something to bitch about.

Joshmvii on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If an enchanter had to level up his disenchanting skill separately from his enchanting skill, I'd care more.

shadowane on
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

The problem is you're using logical thinking to say "They won the greed roll, so it's not your business if they shard it or sell it." The people who don't like the DE system(especially when they're the enchanter) are saying "I am the one whose profession is getting used, so I should have the right to dictate what people do with rolls they win."

At the end of the day, most people just like to find a reason to have something to bitch about.

Not enough lime in the world for this.

tehmarken on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why do I care? I have seen 3 purple boe items that people WOULD use or at least buy for more than 5g only to get sharded and the excuse of it's worth more as a shard

Do I ask a person who skinned a arctic fur for it? or a chance to roll on it? or if Miner finds and mines a vein
    I just find the de option is somewhat abused in groups

I don't care what you do with the item if you win it you won it, it's none of my business what you do with it

Brainleech on
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »

AP the stat, not attack power gained from strength or agility.

Correct. For all of the classes that get 2 AP per str, it's at least 10% better than AP due to Kings, before any stat multiplying talents.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why do I care? I have seen 3 purple boe items that people WOULD use or at least buy for more than 5g only to get sharded and the excuse of it's worth more as a shard

Do I ask a person who skinned a arctic fur for it? or a chance to roll on it? or if Miner finds and mines a vein

I don't care what you do with the item if you win it you won it, it's none of my business what you do with it

They did win the item. And they decided to shard it.

-SPI- on
  • quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haven't we already been over the whole DE tool dead horse debate already ? In the end, it doesn't change anything except that now, the enchanter that need rolled every blue while saying he'd give the shards at the end won't be able to ninja them anymore.

If i win an item, does it really matter if it's sharded or if i greeded it ? Not really, except on BoP stuff, and even then, most time i ran with an enchanter it was need rolled, sharded, then /roll'd for. I fail to see what the big deal is, really.

Plus, an awesome side effect is that it works even if the enchanter isn't in your instance or remotely near you. Hello, free enchanting mats while farming stuff in old dungeons.

quaigy on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

This right here is a tough argument, but I think it falls apart when nodes/skinnable corpses would be completely unused if the relevant gatherers weren't there. If an enchanter weren't there, people would still be getting items. It's not like the enchanter could realistically request all the shards because they're for their tradeskill.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    People can start complaining about furs or leather once those motherfuckers start LOOTING THE DAMN TRASH OFF SKINNABLE MOBS.

-SPI- on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    People can start complaining about furs or leather once those motherfuckers start LOOTING THE DAMN TRASH OFF SKINNABLE MOBS.

I loot everything I don't care if you skin it or not it's your tradeskill and your choice

Brainleech on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

JC or BS both suck if you don't level mining with them. I just dumped mining for BS and regret not mining up all the ore ahead of time.

If you plan to play a pure tank spec, Mining is fine. I had to dump it because it was worthless when I had to go cat sometimes.

Bikkstah on
    edited April 2010

"I don't want to be forced to DE for some ungrateful group!"
    That's 1 less person bothering me for fucking mats.

The Muffin Man on
    edited April 2010

This right here is a tough argument, but I think it falls apart when nodes/skinnable corpses would be completely unused if the relevant gatherers weren't there. If an enchanter weren't there, people would still be getting items. It's not like the enchanter could realistically request all the shards because they're for their tradeskill.

Not only that but let's be honest. Unless you can wear plate/leather/mail, or are not well geared, there's a VERY good chance you don't need a fucking thin they can make.

The Muffin Man on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think of it like this. If someone gets a greeded item, they can ask you to disenchant it, or get it disenchanted by a friend later. The 'disenchant' option cuts out the middleman of something that would be happening anyway.

Wassermelone on
    edited April 2010
    I think of it like this. If someone gets a greeded item, they can ask you to disenchant it, or get it disenchanted by a friend later. The 'disenchant' option cuts out the middleman of something that would be happening anyway.

But Wassermelone, sometimes "I have to disenchant" stuff for people against my will. I'm being exploited! Why can't you see that this is a huge and unreasonable burden on all disenchanters everywhere, even the ones who hate trading shit and keeping count of shards and who welcome this feature with open arms?

reVerse on
    edited April 2010
    My DK alt, which I don't play often, is an enchanter. When I do play him I find myself thinking, "wow, there has been an enchanter in every group I've run with." Then I feel dumb. My point is, I'm kind of stupid.

jackal on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Are we still bitching about the DE changes that were made 8 months ago? Really?

L Ron Howard on
    edited April 2010

But Wassermelone, sometimes "I have to disenchant" stuff for people against my will. I'm being exploited! Why can't you see that this is a huge and unreasonable burden on all disenchanters everywhere, even the ones who hate trading shit and keeping count of shards and who welcome this feature with open arms?

It's more like "I didn't level enchanting for your fucking benefit."

Regina Fong on
    edited April 2010
    It's just such a shame that enchanting is completely useless beyond disenchanting items for materials. If only there was some way you could create some sort of "enchants" that you can sell for nice margins now that the materials themselves don't cost that much, it could really salvage the entire profession from the depths of uselessness.

Maybe they could implement something like that in Cata?

reVerse on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay, but they would have just vendored/AH'd the item anyways. Greed.

Anyways, let's move away from this silly goosed argument because it's shitting up the thread from something else we could be bitching about.
    -SPI- wrote: »

Fuck I hate being the only skinner in a group and you wait for someone to pick their items up so that you can skin that sweet sexy trash only to find that they've moved on without picking that shit up. FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST PICK YOUR SHIT UP.

4rch3nemy on
    edited April 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »

My response is always "What? The fuck you don't."

Because that Warlock always needs that Mongoose. That shit is great for you and only you!

The Muffin Man on
    edited April 2010

Because that Warlock always needs that Mongoose. That shit is great for you and only you!

There's a huge difference between being paid for a service (even if it's just tipping) and being someone else's bitch.

I can't stand enchanters who give away the instance only enchants for free. It's annoying. I'll do any enchant in my book for free, no tip needed as long as it was learned from a trainer (even the shard trainer). But if you want that +agi twink enchant that I had to grind Timbermaw rep for? Yes, you will pay for it or look for someone else. I know who was with me when Blade Ward dropped, I'll do that for any of those people any time. Everyone else pays. :P

-edit-

And when I needed a mongoose on my rogue I paid 100g (not including mats, which I provided) to one of the top enchanters on my server, specifically because she has always adhered to the same policy as me.

Regina Fong on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    The bitching about disenchanting (why is there even bitching about this?) ends before I hit my enrage timer and wipe the thread.

Echo on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll have you know, it's actually called berserk now.

Please don't hurt me.

*flees*

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited April 2010

There's a huge difference between being paid for a service (even if it's just tipping) and being someone else's bitch.

I can't stand enchanters who give away the instance only enchants for free. It's annoying. I'll do any enchant in my book for free, no tip needed as long as it was learned from a trainer (even the shard trainer). But if you want that +agi twink enchant that I had to grind Timbermaw rep for? Yes, you will pay for it or look for someone else. I know who was with me when Blade Ward dropped, I'll do that for any of those people any time. Everyone else pays. :P

-edit-

And when I needed a mongoose on my rogue I paid 100g (not including mats, which I provided) to one of the top enchanters on my server, specifically because she has always adhered to the same policy as me.

If they're my mats they pay.
    If they're THEIR mats, there's (ha!) no way I can charge them, honestly. Well, if they make me go from Orgrimmar to fucking Icecrown because "my hearth is down".
    Pricks.

The Muffin Man on
This discussion has been closed.