As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fever

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is such a cool episode of The A Team.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    PerpetualPerpetual Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mmm ribs on a george foreman

so delicious

Perpetual on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    THEY'RE NOT SPIDERS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddy_longlegs
    Arthropods:
    • Crane fly (Tipulidae) (the most usual sense in British English), an insect
    • Harvestman (Opiliones) (in North American English and British English), an arachnid, but not a spider
    • Cellar spider (Pholcidae) (especially in Australian/New Zealand English, but also North American English and British English), a true spider (Especially applied to Pholcus phalangioides)

but guess what, those aren't cellar spiders! weeeee

That video was taken in my cellar which is a portal to the Yggdrasil labyrinth.

*cough*

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Flies and everything are better than spiders. Praising spiders for getting rid of insects is like praising cancer for getting rid of a cold, if cancer worked that way.

Fuck flies. All buzzing around and vomiting on stuff and slurping it back up again.

Echo on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just wikipediaed yo ass.

and you're still incorrect if my vision serves me correctly, because harvestmen are clearly not spiders

and what I'm seeing in that video is harvestmen

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Flies and everything are better than spiders. Praising spiders for getting rid of insects is like praising cancer for getting rid of a cold, if cancer worked that way.

What is your problem with spiders? You live in fucking Sweden, when have you ever had to deal with flies? Spiders sit quietly in the corner being unobtrusive. Flies spit on your food then fly into your mouth.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

What is your problem with spiders? You live in fucking Sweden, when have you ever had to deal with life of any kind?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Echo wrote: »

Fuck flies. All buzzing around and vomiting on stuff and slurping it back up again.

I don't like flies but they're far more pleasant than spiders.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just wikipediaed yo ass.

and you're still incorrect if my vision serves me correctly, because harvestmen are clearly not spiders

and what I'm seeing in that video is harvestmen

My lies > your truth.

Bettah rekognize.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I don't like flies but they're far more pleasant than spiders.

yes, flying capsules of disease are pleasant

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm itching like crazy now you fucks

Elendil on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    well fuck y'all then

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There are lots of flies, mosquitoes and spiders here. I have no idea what would give you an impression that there aren't. This isn't the tundra you know.

Honk on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I remember reading a book called The War in 2020 where the ultimate superweapon was a radio-frequency jammer which had the effect of burning out all the voluntary motor control in the brain. Thus being "the perfect weapon" since it completely incapacitated the enemy, without killing them, thus maximizing the strain on their resources.

Locked-in syndrome is like the single bestest argument as to why we need to develop computer neural interfaces like, yesterday.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There are lots of flies, mosquitoes and spiders here. I have no idea what would give you an impression that there aren't. This isn't the tundra you know.

Not to mention all the vampiric penguins, devouring poor homeless people during our nine months of constant darkness.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

People in cold countries have no goddamn clue about flies, I tell you what.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Not to mention all the vampiric penguins, devouring poor homeless people during our nine months of constant darkness.

Those. Those.

God. Damned. Penguins.

Honk on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    guys

spiders don't live in igloos stop worrying

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Okay, wedding time. See yas later.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I remember reading a book called The War in 2020 where the ultimate superweapon was a radio-frequency jammer which had the effect of burning out all the voluntary motor control in the brain. Thus being "the perfect weapon" since it completely incapacitated the enemy, without killing them, thus maximizing the strain on their resources.

Locked-in syndrome is like the single bestest argument as to why we need to develop computer neural interfaces like, yesterday.

The Forever War had some McGuffin that generated a field that killed most forms of energy, so energy weapons didn't work inside it. It also killed anything living in it - no nerve signals.

So they fought hand to hand with knives inside the field, wearing suits that shielded against the field. If the suit got breached, you drop dead.

Echo on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh man fuguri.org is pretty awesome.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I do have a clue about flies.

And mosquitoes.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

The Forever War had some McGuffin that generated a field that killed most forms of energy, so energy weapons didn't work inside it. It also killed anything living in it - no nerve signals.

So they fought hand to hand with knives inside the field, wearing suits that shielded against the field. If the suit got breached, you drop dead.

Not as scary since you just die.

This was a thing which paralyzed you but left you fully conscious.

Naturally of course, the Japanese fired it near a Russian city to attack an American force that assisting the Russians.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

How many flies enter your mouth every second? If the answer is less than eight don't even bother talking to me.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spiders can be pretty cute!
    37622c12.jpg

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    11438.jpg

I randomly clicked and got this, powerful image.

Honk on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aroused Bull, are you RBB?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am getting more and more excited about D&D D&D. It has been ages since I have played an "evil" race. And my bug bear smashing peoples heads in just sounds like fun. I think I am going to collect skull trophies with him. He isn't technically evil.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And malaria. Do you have malaria Honk? All we have to do to end the plagues of Africa is realease hundreds of billions of spiders into the continent.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am getting more and more excited about D&D D&D. It has been ages since I have played an "evil" race. And my bug bear smashing peoples heads in just sounds like fun. I think I am going to collect skull trophies with him. He isn't technically evil.

<3

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And malaria. Do you have malaria Honk? All we have to do to end the plagues of Africa is realease hundreds of billions of spiders into the continent.

also nobody would be hungry because womg spiders errwhere

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yes. I prefer not to use Aroused Bull on more forums than is strictly necessary.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    11438.jpg[IMG][/img]

I randomly clicked and got this, powerful image.

It's like a never ending assault of wallpaper.

I wonder if I can filter out all the 4chan garbage though...

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited April 2010

How many flies enter your mouth every second? If the answer is less than eight don't even bother talking to me.

I doubt you have that many flies entering your mouth every second.

You may have more flies than us but there are still a huge bunch of insects flying around here every summer, because it's a wet country and evil creatures seem to thrive because of it.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Man you know what's really fucked up of couse (thinking about locked-in syndrome) - that's like, one of the most horrible things that I can imagine happening to me, but I have no real desire to sign any documents ordering people to kill me if it happens to me.

So like, where does that place you?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There was that summer where a whole lot of Swedish lakes turned to sludge due to all the goddamn mosquito larvaes.

Echo on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spider [chat]

Spoiled for pansies:
    birdeatingspiderGiantgoldenorbspide.jpg

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Now that is a spider that shouldn't exist.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There was that summer where a whole lot of Swedish lakes turned to sludge due to all the goddamn mosquito larvaes.

And people had trouble breathing outside because of them.

Honk on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Started Mass Effect 2, finally.

So awesome. Everything about it seems better (and I love the first game). Especially the characters; the characters are fucking awesome.

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.