As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fever

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hawaii has no poisonous animals above sea level.

Quid on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Huggorm is not amused

800px-Viperaberus1.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    i just did lots of dishes and cleaned the kitchen

ladies

Organichu on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cheats-alligator-snapping-turtle.jpg

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am not cool with the existence of insects, and most of the shit which lives in the ocean.

Like this thing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqJzuc9pE00

I can't find the awesome video of that one which pulls the freakiest face after it eats a fish.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Apparently this thing roams Sweden, well, according to GIS

EuroBoar.jpg

They got eaten by the vikings.

So now we have vikings roaming instead.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Quid I just noticed my decrepit septuagenarian has pretty much the same power list as your poorly dressed loon. Sorry to step on your toes.

I saw that too.

I'm wagering we'll be in different parties.

Quid on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I like how in super-slow-motion, the hummingbirds wings are still a soup of motion blur.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have no qualms with Gamestop. Especially because they gave me 2 beta codes. I guess it's because they are on a military base.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Quid I just noticed my decrepit septuagenarian has pretty much the same power list as your poorly dressed loon. Sorry to step on your toes.

I saw that too.

I'm wagering we'll be in different parties.

bwahahahahahaha

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i just did lots of dishes and cleaned the kitchen

ladies

I bought Bad Company 2 when I was at gamestop today.

But I also got into the SC2 beta, so who knows when I'll start playing.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh man, I love the 4th Doctor so much, but it is weird to see him shortly after Pertwee. It's like, man, this used to be that guy!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    No but see, you picked a feat letting you train diplomacy whereas I picked a feat letting me learn ritual casting.

We totally balance out.

Quid on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think the biggest predatory animals Scotland gets are wildcats (which are distinct from wild cats). They basically look like giant tabby cats with a nasty attitude.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also Australia's worst things are usually not particularly big or necessarily scary looking.

Like the blue-ring octopus.
    Blue+ringed+octopus.jpg

This mother fucker is one of the world's most venomous anythings.
    The octopus produces venom that contains tetrodotoxin, 5-hydroxytryptamine, hyaluronidase, tyramine, histamine, tryptamine, octopamine, taurine, acetylcholine, and dopamine. The major neurotoxin component of blue-ringed octopus venom was originally known as maculotoxin but was later found to be identical to tetrodotoxin,[3] a neurotoxin which is also found in pufferfish and cone snails. Tetrodotoxin blocks sodium channels, causing motor paralysis and respiratory arrest within minutes of exposure, leading to cardiac arrest due to a lack of oxygen. The toxin is created by bacteria in the salivary glands of the octopus.[4]

There is no antivenom. To survive this you need someone to give you breathing support for like 16 hours.
    The blue-ringed octopus is currently one of the most dangerous known sea creatures and, despite its small size, carries enough venom to kill 26 adult humans within minutes. Furthermore, their bites are tiny and often painless, with many victims not realizing they have been envenomated until respiratory depression and paralysis start to set in.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Meh, why can't GW just phase out all metal models? Plastics are so much better. this Hive Tyrant I got will need plenty of greenstuff work in the joints between pieces, since the metal warped in the mold. You don't have that problem with plastics, and they're generally a lot easier to work with.

Echo on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DK, when you get your SC2 up give me a buzz. I am Mazzy.Mazzyx on bnet. Right now I am just watching the big tourney and getting more backgrounds from fuguri.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How did you get the Abyssal language? I thought you couldn't pick that at level 1.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    How did you get the Abyssal language? I thought you couldn't pick that at level 1.

I can't?

Whoops.

Quid on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    DK, are you on the Xbox?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also Australia's worst things are usually not particularly big or necessarily scary looking.

Blue+ringed+octopus.jpg

Stonefish. The most venemous fish in the world disguises itself to look exactly like a stone and then murders anyone who steps on it.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    does the wotlk dvd require a previous installation of WoW? Or will it create a fresh install all by itself?

James on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Blue+ringed+octopus.jpg

Stonefish. The most venemous fish in the world disguises itself to look exactly like a stone and then murders anyone who steps on it.

A friend of mine was surfing in Costa Rica and apparently there were a lot of those there. We spent a night going through the wiki page and uuugh horrifying.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Blue+ringed+octopus.jpg

I wonder if someone has made a definitive list of these. "Things which prove if God exists he hates us and wants us to die".

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Echo wrote: »

EuroBoar.jpg

Do these 'vikings' travel? I would hate to meet one in Britain. I have no idea how to deal with dangerous Norse animals

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Meh, why can't GW just phase out all metal models? Plastics are so much better. this Hive Tyrant I got will need plenty of greenstuff work in the joints between pieces, since the metal warped in the mold. You don't have that problem with plastics, and they're generally a lot easier to work with.

Oh man I so agree with you. I have a set of noise marines I have been building. I hate the mix metal/plastic model sets even more than pure metal. I have a sonic blaster which I am not certain I am going to use because I only have plastic bodies at the moment to use it with.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    alright this is annoying

I'm trying to enter a route here and check when and where I need to take the bus

but you can't actually just enter a place, you have to enter a bus stop

well, I know what bus stop to get off at, but there's 25 different ones I might get on at. Why the fuck can't I just select the bus station as my starting point?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    given that horrifying parasites outnumber non-parasites by a great deal god almost certainly wishes misery upon his children

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    given that horrifying parasites outnumber non-parasites by a great deal god almost certainly wishes misery upon his children

You listened to that This American Life too?

Quid on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    James wrote: »
    does the wotlk dvd require a previous installation of WoW? Or will it create a fresh install all by itself?

It requires an existing install.
    But you can download the vanilla WoW installer from your accounts page on worldofwarcraft.com.
    On a fresh install, I don't even bother with DVDs, because you're going to have to patch the hell out of that shit anyway. I just download the installer.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    God just pushed the first domino. Living things are just really good at causing horrible pain and death amongst each other.

Ludious on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    If you guys like BETAs, you should check out the BETA for Frozen Synapse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qedc8LW7ZaU

Sheep on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Abdhyius, sorry I left our game so suddenly.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

The candiru. Human botfly larvae! Really big tapeworms.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Frozen Synapse intrigues me.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    James wrote: »

It requires an existing install.
    But you can download the vanilla WoW installer from your accounts page on worldofwarcraft.com.
    On a fresh install, I don't even bother with DVDs, because you're going to have to patch the hell out of that shit anyway. I just download the installer.

I think it has the vanilla/BC data files up to 3.0 on the disc. Not sure though, but just pop it in and try.

Echo on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »

You listened to that This American Life too?

they're winning the fight!

man is that true about hookworm curing MS in some cases? That is mind blowing!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Frozen Synapse intrigues me.

I'm interested in it too, but I dunno how long it would keep me interested.

Echo on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

EuroBoar.jpg

Do these 'vikings' travel? I would hate to meet one in Britain. I have no idea how to deal with dangerous Norse animals

mostly to the mediterranean

you can avoid most of them though, by keeping an eye on where the charter flights are going.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    If you guys like BETAs, you should check out the BETA for Frozen Synapse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qedc8LW7ZaU

Is it a monochrome 2D tactical shooter?

Honk on
This discussion has been closed.