As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Fever

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    given that horrifying parasites outnumber non-parasites by a great deal god almost certainly wishes misery upon his children

You listened to that This American Life too?

they're winning the fight!

man is that true about hookworm curing MS in some cases? That is mind blowing!

I hope proper studies get started because of that episode. That story was amazing though I can certainly understand why the guy shouldn't be allowed to sell hookworms as a medical treatment out of his house.

Quid on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Is it a monochrome 2D tactical shooter?

Turn-based planning phases, where you plan five-second chunks of real-time against human opponents. Dunno if there's AI in it yet.

The trailer explains it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXbsSLeINhg

Echo on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Abdhyius, sorry I left our game so suddenly.

I can never forgive you.

Nah it's cool.

I hear your mic really low, which means that often it gets drowned out by gunfire. Not an uncommon scenario in the real world, I guess, but still. It makes it harder.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    does the wotlk dvd require a previous installation of WoW? Or will it create a fresh install all by itself?

It requires an existing install.
    But you can download the vanilla WoW installer from your accounts page on worldofwarcraft.com.

you can actually install the whole thing with wotlk from right there! But im trying to figure out a way around that for someone who's currently on a shitty internet connection.

i guess i could loan all my discs and then it could spend the day getting the wotlk patches

James on
    edited April 2010
    hmm, i think i will try on a WoWless computer right now

James on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Abdhyius, sorry I left our game so suddenly.

I can never forgive you.

Nah it's cool.

I hear your mic really low, which means that often it gets drowned out by gunfire. Not an uncommon scenario in the real world, I guess, but still. It makes it harder.

Yeah, there really needs to be an option to control incoming and outgoing mic volume beyond that useless dial on the headset itself.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    don't you have to preorder frozen synapse to play the beta?

Evil Multifarious on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Huh, that game sort of reminds me of Flotilla.

Zandracon on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DK, are you on the Xbox?

I am!

But I don't have a live account yet.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Huh, that game sort of reminds me of Flotilla.

Flotilla reminds me that I have beaten Mass Effect 2 and have to wait years for my Commander Shepard fix.

Thanks a lot. Plummeting back down into depression again.

Ludious on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Looks pretty cool.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited April 2010
    okay finally figured it out

boy that is a badly designed online bus schedule!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited April 2010
    DK, are you on the Xbox?

I am!

you should get one so we can add you so we can shoot mans

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited April 2010
    it would appear to work just fine without an existing install

of course, you cant access the content without having vanilla WoW and BC

but it works fine :D

James on
    edited April 2010
    DK, are you on the Xbox?

I am!

yesss

Nerdgasmic on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    25042010137.jpg

japan on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    given that horrifying parasites outnumber non-parasites by a great deal god almost certainly wishes misery upon his children

I hope proper studies get started because of that episode. That story was amazing though I can certainly understand why the guy shouldn't be allowed to sell hookworms as a medical treatment out of his house.

There have been some studies on internal parasites that suggest they have some ability to reduce severe incidences of Crohn's disease as well as some other stomach diseases. If I remember rightly, the trials introduced pig parasites in order to try something that was very similar to human parasite types but couldn't breed inside the body

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm gonna go play Psychonauts until this beta is ready.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited April 2010
    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »

There have been some studies on internal parasites that suggest they have some ability to reduce severe incidences of Crohn's disease as well as some other stomach diseases. If I remember rightly, the trials introduced pig parasites in order to try something that was very similar to human parasite types but couldn't bread inside the body

Wouldn't surprise me. I'd file in the same category as allergies caused by modern antiseptics.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    nerd will you be up for bc2 in like 15 minutes

Organichu on
    edited April 2010

There have been some studies on internal parasites that suggest they have some ability to reduce severe incidences of Crohn's disease as well as some other stomach diseases. If I remember rightly, the trials introduced pig parasites in order to try something that was very similar to human parasite types but couldn't bread inside the body

Wouldn't surprise me. I'd file in the same category as allergies caused by modern antiseptics.

I think it is just like that, reverse

modern antiseptics means our immune systems might not get the workout they need

while being relatively parasite-free means that alot of people have immune systems working overtime (as most parasites supress the immune system)

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so the starcraft 2 beta comes out for mac tomorrow? is that right?

Casual Eddy on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Maybe I'll get the CE and sell off some of the stuff.

I have some in-game item code thingies for Warhammer Online that I got with two Warhammer board games. I hear they go for more than the board games themselves cost. Silly WAR players.

Really? I heard WAR was basically dead.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited April 2010
    Is it? That's a shame. It seemed pretty neat.

Nerdgasmic on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'VE GOT A FEVER AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE BEIBER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzaMvIWCQQw

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I actually won a pair of games in SC2.

JustinSane07 on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I think it is just like that, reverse

modern antiseptics means our immune systems might not get the workout they need

while being relatively parasite-free means that alot of people have immune systems working overtime (as most parasites supress the immune system)

That doesn't sound quite right to me, otherwise you'd expect immunosuppressants to be equally beneficial - but they're not.

It'd be interesting to take some of these things and suspend their tissue in a some kind of matrix and see if you could induce the same effects with just the tissue, not the whole organism. Or better - isolate the relevant genes, transfect them into the patients stem cells and reintroduce them to make it an innate property of a person.

electricitylikesme on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    japan wrote: »
    25042010137.jpg

shortly after this was taken Farah decided she didn't want hugs any more :(

BobCesca on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's really too bad that a couple of pricks can ruin a TF2 server.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'VE GOT A FEVER AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE BEIBER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzaMvIWCQQw

Have that lad's balls dropped yet?

Thomamelas on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    JustinSane07 on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why is Justin Beiber singing when she should be in the kitchen?

Tav on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Why don't they have face plates? That could end up killing someone.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    nerd will you be up for bc2 in like 15 minutes

Yes.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, who the hell is this Justin Beiber? I freaking saw him on a magazine cover at the grocery store the other day and I'm like "didn't I see him on the internet or something?" And it was like "The Biggest Superstar" or something like that.

Silas Brown on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is it? That's a shame. It seemed pretty neat.

I heard they cut a lot of the dev team and content is at a standstill.

I enjoyed it a lot, but unfortunately, all my friends play WoW

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited April 2010
    It's really too bad that a couple of pricks can ruin a TF2 server.

What happened?

Nerdgasmic on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, who the hell is this Justin Beiber? I freaking saw him on a magazine cover at the grocery store the other day and I'm like "didn't I see him on the internet or something?" And it was like "The Biggest Superstar" or something like that.

One boy boy band.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.