As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat]abeetus

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Any tank class in 232 stuff can solo to the end, assuming you get Oz for opera.

Funny story...

Just recently, we took a group of people to push through, geared 80s in a mix of ICC 5man gear, and we broke the Oz encounter by killing everything too fast.

So, uh. DPS slowly?

You can break Oz with 5 man Icc gear? I have broken some encounters as of late but not a raid one

Brainleech on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    -SPI- wrote: »
    People can start complaining about furs or leather once those motherfuckers start LOOTING THE DAMN TRASH OFF SKINNABLE MOBS.

This RAGE can't be emphasized enough.

What the fuck is wrong with people? It's free money, loot the fucking mobs!!! Goddamn fucking morons.

But seriously, Blizz needs to wake the fuck up and just implement a system like the one for the corpse explode spell. You skin the mob, it turns into a pile of meat that can still be looted. Everyone wins.

I purposely leave loot on skinnable mobs so skinners will stick with the group and keep doing their job instead of putzing around with corpses.

You heard me :lol:

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am very bad about selling things and my bags are almost always full to the brim with odds and ends that I don't want to throw away (particularly bad on my DK with his DPS/tank sets with both 2h and dual-wield alternatives).

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »

Funny story...

Just recently, we took a group of people to push through, geared 80s in a mix of ICC 5man gear, and we broke the Oz encounter by killing everything too fast.

So, uh. DPS slowly?

You can break Oz with 5 man Icc gear? I have broken some encounters as of late but not a raid one

Yeah, there were six of us - instead of a real tank, I was on my Death Knight and kind of fake-tanking everything. Everything we engaged died so quick though, we never really had problems. Could've cleared the entire instance of Opera hadn't broke, fairly easily.

mrsnackroad on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I thought one of the enchants in kara has a 100% drop? one of the three but then I have not been back there since last year I really don't want to go on some of the runs that being started because they are a bunch of level 70's looking for gear

Brainleech on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I thought one of the enchants in kara has a 100% drop? one of the three but then I have not been back there since last year I really don't want to go on some of the runs that being started because they are a bunch of level 70's looking for gear

Regina Fong on
  • VicWhitenVicWhiten Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I kinda wanna start playing again, but I'm burnt out on my lock. Is it worth leveling up a character before Cataclysm, or should I just wait for the whole world to change?

VicWhiten on
    camo_sig2.png
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you have a bunch of friends to goof off with then ya. Otherwise I'd wait.

Poketpixie on
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if during the Cataclysm, the Defias Brotherhood will actually DO something with their doomsday weapons, and giant network of tunnels reaching throughout the entirety of the Old World?

Also, Vic, if you join Draenor(Where Clawshrimp and Co are) I can TOTALLY help you level.

Edith Upwards on
  • BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I used to go do the Horse boss (Can't remember his name atm) with a Prot pally friend of mine once in a while, and he helped my chanter(My DK) get Mongoose off Moroes. Both fights are super easy for a Prot Pally and a Blood DK, but he could solo it anyways, I was just there to speed things up.

Later I considered getting a Priest friend to start camping that mount drop but neither of us had a key to Kara and neither of us felt like doing all the bs to get it lol

Bloodshed on
    edited April 2010
    Bloodshed wrote: »
    I used to go do the Horse boss (Can't remember his name atm) with a Prot pally friend of mine once in a while, and he helped my chanter(My DK) get Mongoose off Moroes. Both fights are super easy for a Prot Pally and a Blood DK, but he could solo it anyways, I was just there to speed things up.

Later I considered getting a Priest friend to start camping that mount drop but neither of us had a key to Kara and neither of us felt like doing all the bs to get it lol

You can get in without a key, you just have to kill yourself in front of the gate.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    -SPI- wrote: »
    People can start complaining about furs or leather once those motherfuckers start LOOTING THE DAMN TRASH OFF SKINNABLE MOBS.

This RAGE can't be emphasized enough.

What the fuck is wrong with people? It's free money, loot the fucking mobs!!! Goddamn fucking morons.

But seriously, Blizz needs to wake the fuck up and just implement a system like the one for the corpse explode spell. You skin the mob, it turns into a pile of meat that can still be looted. Everyone wins.

Honestly, I wish they'd just drop "looting" entirely and just split the gold as soon as the mob drops, and round robin the items below the rolling threshold. Drop the need for stopping to loot at all.

Vincent Grayson on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »

I guarantee you a DK tank can't solo Curator.

Your basis being?

Ulduar geared blood DKs have been soloing daily heroics since Ulduar. ICC geared blood tank DKs are now soloing some of the 10 man boss fights from Naxx-era (see Sartharion solo kill or Heigan, etc).

Bikkstah on
    edited April 2010
    How much does talent spec matter below 80? I've got a priest I have used in ages that I might try again, but specced for shadow @ 57. Should I have a problem healing in instances?

Vincent Grayson on
    edited April 2010
    How much does talent spec matter below 80? I've got a priest I have used in ages that I might try again, but specced for shadow @ 57. Should I have a problem healing in instances?

You will be able to heal instances with shadow up until you start doing heroics at 80, and the non-heroic but challenging level 80 dungeons.

You also might want to avoid the harder Outlands instances as you level through BC.

Regina Fong on
    edited April 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »

You will be able to heal instances with shadow up until you start doing heroics at 80, and the non-heroic but challenging level 80 dungeons.

You also might want to avoid the harder Outlands instances as you level through BC.

Heh, the guys I just tried to heal through Hellfire Ramparts disagree it seems. Guess I'll stick to DPS until I can afford dual-spec.

Additional question, can I send heirloom stuff cross-faction?

Vincent Grayson on
    edited April 2010
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    57 is pretty low to be running BC instances, though, isn't it?

Javen on
    edited April 2010
    As a healer?

No.

Dac on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd at least want the opening HFP green quest rewards first. At 57 I always seem to be wearing all kinds of atrocious garbage "The fuck, this is from scarlet monastery... and these pants OH JEEZ!"

-SPI- on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, if you are still in classic edition gear, healing that instance will be rough, regardless of spec.

-edit-

Remember, that gear jump is steep as hell. Outlands greens replace any classic blue, and sometimes purples.

Regina Fong on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    I really hope it is viable. I have a baby priest at lvl 12 and I'm hoping the pain will stop in three levels.

Sign up as DPS as well as healer for awhile. Sometimes the single tank in your level range that day will have a buddy who is healing them. Or the single tank will get an instance and the healer will stay attached to them as they sign up for the next dungeon.

I ended up in several groups on my priest as DPS simply because there are more "healers" floating around then tanks.

Seg on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »

Quite often there are people in your group who will bitch about you not being heal specced. Or if you are heal specced but sign up as a healer or dps for instance you might get a healer who bitches about you being heal specced even though several of your talents are picked to increase your spell power and you are out dpsing the shaman in the group.

Seg on
    edited April 2010
    This character is so poorly geared. I haven't played her since before BC came out. No dual spec, still have the old mount-in-inventory thing going on, tons of items with no sell price but no use because the quest they went with doesn't exist...all kinds of crazy shit.

Plus I didn't have anything like devouring plague or holy nova.

Got most of that fixed, now I need to see if I can at least afford my 150 riding and mount.

Vincent Grayson on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The AVR addon they're spotlighting on MMO Champ. I'm looking at that and thinking "wow, these modders really want to remove any last semblance of skill requirements from raiding, don't they?"

reVerse on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »

I guarantee you a DK tank can't solo Curator.

Your basis being?

Ulduar geared blood DKs have been soloing daily heroics since Ulduar. ICC geared blood tank DKs are now soloing some of the 10 man boss fights from Naxx-era (see Sartharion solo kill or Heigan, etc).

Curator is still immune to diseases for some reason.

Dranyth on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    The AVR addon they're spotlighting on MMO Champ. I'm looking at that and thinking "wow, these modders really want to remove any last semblance of skill requirements from raiding, don't they?"
    I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard somehow disabled those markings during combat. It's one thing to be able to point out "here's where you need to run to when X happens", but it's another to just have people running between the red and blue boxes brainlessly.

Edit: I'm imagining the extreme of this: there's a green box where people have to stand. When a trigger (eg boss ability) occurs, the box turns red and a line of arrows appears to the new green box that you must stand in. Wow, that's depressing.

His Corkiness on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It would however be fun to go all John Madden during boss explanation.

"The dragon is leaving the endzone here undefended, so rogues need to longpass to herberderderbderb and then it's a simple play down the field to herbaderbderb BRETT FARVE!"

-SPI- on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, Madden explains things too thoroughly sometimes though.

"You see, when the rogue backstabs, the rogue has to come up behind the target while stealthed, and then he's gonna backstab you, and that's a backstab right there."

Henroid on
    edited April 2010
    Henroid wrote: »

"You see, when the rogue backstabs, the rogue has to come up behind the target while stealthed, and then he's gonna backstab you, and that's a backstab right there."

"If they want to down this boss they're going to have to do enough dps to kill it before the healers run out of mana keeping the tank and the raid alive."

Grundlestiltskin on
  • ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if I'd say Karazhan is soloable as a tank. On my paladin, I soloed Moroes, Attumen, Opera (Oz), and Malechezzar as protection. For the Curator and Aran, numerous mechanics necessitated a switch to retribution. For Aran, of course, it was the fact that he deals only magical damage anyway along with the frustrating mana-enrage-drinking-thing.

For Curator, I couldn't kill him while enraged before he killed me. So I switched to retribution and blew him down on the first Evocate.

ImperiusV on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When did they add the ability to set raid icons without being in a party?

jackal on
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I thought you always could but I may be mistaken.

Mutilate on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You'd think so, but the primary use for it so far in our raids has been to send other raid members pictures of wangs.

Nobody on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Henroid wrote: »

"If they want to down this boss they're going to have to do enough dps to kill it before the healers run out of mana keeping the tank and the raid alive."

Of course, you'd then have to mod in an eight legged turkey for Harvest Festival, or you'd never get Madden to agree to do raid commentary for an entire season.

ironzerg on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also, Netherspite can be duoed easily, me and a bored Hunter friend duoed the whole place. Just let the blue beam hit him, it'll give him more damage, but not enough to actually matter.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

You'd think so, but the primary use for it so far in our raids has been to send other raid members pictures of wangs.

My guild did ToGC this week with a gigantic cat head drawn over half the arena floor.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Charus wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    (blah blah blah AVR stuff)

My guild did ToGC this week with a gigantic cat head drawn over half the arena floor.

I'll take two.

mrsnackroad on
  • pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I tried AVR last night, its pretty convenient. Sure you can say it takes away skill, but really it just gives a visual look to what dbm has been doing for years now.

The few bosses I used it on were fester-sindragosa and it diddnt do too much:

-Princes main use was the regular shock vortexes, it let me see the exact radius of it, doesnt change much besides the very edge, and dbm gives a warning anyways

-fester it mainly pops up on the spores, big deal, not hard to miss anyways

-putrecide it shows the mailable goo spots, I will admit, this was kinda nice

-blood queen only gives a circle around you and in it points to those who are in range for bloodbolts, once again dbm has been doing this for a while

-sindragosa gives the radius of the ice tombs and nothing noticed on dreamwalker

What would be nice is position markers built into the base UI that can be set and left, basically we use lock portals for marking where to run on shit, and having plantable markers like this would be tits for explaining shit.

~also if this addon was disabled I highly doubt it would make as much an impact as a core raiding addon like dbm would

polloface on
    edited April 2010
    Awesome, I didn't even think an addon could do shit like that.

Dac on
This discussion has been closed.