As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PokemonV - A Fangame

finaltarufinaltaru Registered User new member
edited April 2010 in Games and Technology
Recently, I found this Pokemon fangame called Pokemon v, and a demo for it came out. So I played it. Honestly, when I first tried it out, I thought it looked kind of ordinary

2qmfzn7.jpg

but then I noticed the shadow and I was like, yes. But then I noticed how ugly the player character was, and that's when I was like D:

Anyways, a quick rundown:
-No more HM; they've been replaced with key items
-A story beyond "catch more pokemon"
-Original music
-only 280 pokemon :?
but, I'm most pleased about
-increased difficulty.

Anyways, the demo itself was pretty entertaining, but it was really glitchy at times (I walked through walls and ended up on top of my t.v.) and had some issues. It only goes up to the first gym, but it's fun enough and it actually was kind of tough. It was also kind of meme-y, but it seemed like flavor text wasn't their main focus in this demo. Looking forward to the full game when it comes out.

check it out: http://www.pokemonv.com/

finaltaru on

• The NotThe Not Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It'll never come out. Nintendo will strike it down. I don't understand putting this kind of effort into something which is pretty much the definition of copyright infringement.

The Not on
  • ShutdownShutdown Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have to tip-my-hat to people who look at a game (or game series), then sit down and do something about it rather than just post on a message board.

In a better world the original devs. would be looking at something like this and taking notes on how to make things better for their game, but unfortunately we do not live in that world.

/ Just a small note because I can't not comment on this: Taking out the HMs is a great idea.

Shutdown on