As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fever

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I've seen so much of Lucy Lawless' tits lately... I don't know how I'd watch Xena now.

Yeah. Watching anything with John Hannah is going to be odd after Spartacus...

BobCesca on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Should I get Mirror's Edge for the PC or my PS3? Or not at all?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Should I get Mirror's Edge for the PC or my PS3? Or not at all?

I imagine it would translate poorly onto a keyboard. I only played the demo and while it was kind of fun, the controls (on the 360 anyhow) were not quite tight enough and frequently I'd be trying to do kind of elaborate jump only to have Mrs Runner sprint along a wall and then fall to her painful death.

So frustrating.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I've seen so much of Lucy Lawless' tits lately... I don't know how I'd watch Xena now.

Yeah. Watching anything with John Hannah is going to be odd after Spartacus...

It's a fascinating show. And yes I mean the sex (and the violence). I stand in awe how much of it they are able to squeeze in about an hour of programme.

I am actually keeping count of every scene! :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    I really liked Mirror's Edge, but like Mojo says: occasionally the controls are controller-breakingly frustrating.

EDIT: The plot is rudimentary nonsense (seemingly strapped on to the game after the actual gameplay was built), but the design and look of it all is glorious.

Bogart on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    god

atia (from rome) is so fucking sexy

Organichu on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm now on Chapter 13 of FFXIII. The plot has really been left by the wayside, which was a shame as it looked like there was a story about to arrive somewhere around chapter 9.

So now I'm just doing missions in order to try and get at least one ultimate weapon.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if I should worry about this side pain stomach thing i'm having at the moment.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Good morning [chat]aroos.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I wonder if I should worry about this side pain stomach thing i'm having at the moment.

Where is it located? If it's in the area of your appendix (assuming you haven't already had it removed) that's something to watch out for obviously.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ah shit, it may be my mother's birthday tomorrow. I am so bad at remembering her birthday. I've no idea why.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »

Where is it located? If it's in the area of your appendix (assuming you haven't already had it removed) that's something to watch out for obviously.

It's sort of upper side radiating to upper left area of abdomen. Started on Friday with this really bad stitch pain out of nowhere. Diahrrea the next day, but haven't had that since. All i'm left with now is this dull slight ache and a feeling of wind.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I'm now on Chapter 13 of FFXIII. The plot has really been left by the wayside, which was a shame as it looked like there was a story about to arrive somewhere around chapter 9.

So now I'm just doing missions in order to try and get at least one ultimate weapon.

It gets even more retarded, plotwise.

Some spoiler-free tips if you plan on doing any post game stuff (the difficult missions, etc). Just before the final battle there's a succession of bad guys that give you ridiculous CP, and grinding through these guys again and again saves you a hell of a lot of time later. You can't upgrade the crystarium fully until after the end story battle, but you can upgrade secondary roles and the like and store 999,999CP for each character before taking on the big bad to immediately spend afterwards. I just blazed through the final chapter wanting to get it done and then cursed myself afterwards as I had to grind through Behemoth Kings to get the CP I needed back on Pulse.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bogart wrote: »

Some spoiler-free tips if you plan on doing any post game stuff (the difficult missions, etc). Just before the final battle there's a succession of bad guys that give you ridiculous CP, and grinding through these guys again and again saves you a hell of a lot of time later. You can't upgrade the crystarium fully until after the end story battle, but you can upgrade secondary roles and the like and store 999,999CP for each character before taking on the big bad to immediately spend afterwards. I just blazed through the final chapter wanting to get it done and then cursed myself afterwards as I had to grind through Behemoth Kings to get the CP I needed back on Pulse.

Cunning. I shall take this into consideration.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

If it's too spoilery do you mind naming off the bad guy you can grind into CP oblivion in a spoiler tag? Also where you can find him. I just got the pulse, realized it's going to be a grindfest and haven't played since. This was nearly a month ago. I hate that, too, because I was really enjoying the game up until that point.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bret Michaels in critical condition due to brain hemorrhage.

:(

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have no idea what to get my mum present wise. I may get interflora on the case to buy me a few extra days.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have no idea what to get my mum present wise. I may get interflora on the case to buy me a few extra days.

Getting mine a DS.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »

Getting mine a DS.

Mine has one.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Getting mine a DS.

Mine has one.

Get her an SNES.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ryadic, the bad guys are the ones right before the final boss in the final chapter. Wlaudislaus is one of them, but I can't remember the other ones. You don't need to know them, really. When you start getting 30,000CP for killing a dude who's just hanging around the map you'll know you've reached these guys.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Getting mine a DS.

Mine has one.

Get her an SNES.

I doubt she'd be into that, and my old one is hanging around her house.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm playing FF9. It's lovely and makes me feel warm inside.

I'm not sure these modern FFs make you feel that way, y'know?

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »

I played that again a while back, then my memory card battery failed and I lost my save. And I'd just got to the second disk too. BLARRRGGHHH.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I played that again a while back, then my memory card battery failed and I lost my save. And I'd just got to the second disk too. BLARRRGGHHH.

Is that on a PSP? I don't have one of those.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

No, the playstation. Has it been ported? That would remove my fear of losing my save.

Although the PSP has such pitiful battery life.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mojo your mother is impossible to please.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

No, the playstation. Has it been ported? That would remove my fear of losing my save.

If you use custom Firmware on your PSP you can transfer your PSone discs into files that can boot on your PSP and be played. I don't know of the legality of it really since modding your PSP is taboo as far as I know. But I know that it works very well porting a lot of games. Though ripping (or whatever you call it) your PSone discs is a hassle according to my friend.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mojo your mother is impossible to please.

I know. It's a real pain.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Give her a D&D player's hand book. Link her to Mori's site.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

memory cards have batteries? I just thought they were like flash memory?

Don't know much about PSPs I'm afraid.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Did... did News Radio reuse the set from Happy Days?

Quid on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man finally got that work done.

Now for the other work I have to get done.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    VH!

What if instead of that work you eviscerated me at SC2?

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

memory cards have batteries? I just thought they were like flash memory?

Don't know much about PSPs I'm afraid.

No, the memory cards were basically the same as game cartridges. Flash memory at that point couldn't store that much data. Granted, neither could PSone memory cards.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    That's probably far enough for the inaccuracy to count.

Why don't you try a different class, sir?

I like doing support...

Play Assault! Drop ammo boxes!

I much prefer Assault over the other classes. I jus double-tap with the Abakan and people drop dead.

Echo on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    VH!

What if instead of that work you eviscerated me at SC2?
    Well I was planning on going to bed, actually.

But I could probably stay up for a little Quid-slaughtering action.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    EDIT: The plot is rudimentary nonsense (seemingly strapped on to the game after the actual gameplay was built), but the design and look of it all is glorious.

That's exactly how it went. They had a bunch of set pieces and then hired Terry Pratchett's daughter and went "here's a bunch of loosely joined levels. Rearrange them and give us a story."

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Get on Vent, Quidster.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.