As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fever

1383940414244»

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Mojo your mother is impossible to please.

God knows I've been trying.

Echo on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Motivation: 0
    Job satisfaction: 0

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quid

Goddammit

I'm staying up just for you

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    EDIT: The plot is rudimentary nonsense (seemingly strapped on to the game after the actual gameplay was built), but the design and look of it all is glorious.

That's exactly how it went. They had a bunch of set pieces and then hired Terry Pratchett's daughter and went "here's a bunch of loosely joined levels. Rearrange them and give us a story."

Rhianna Pratchett, Jane Goldman and Naomi Novik should write something together.

It would be supremely geeky.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Quid

Goddammit

I'm staying up just for you

PBF067-Better_Luck.gif

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    EDIT: The plot is rudimentary nonsense (seemingly strapped on to the game after the actual gameplay was built), but the design and look of it all is glorious.

That's exactly how it went. They had a bunch of set pieces and then hired Terry Pratchett's daughter and went "here's a bunch of loosely joined levels. Rearrange them and give us a story."

Jeez. The contempt that 95% of games seem to have for the job of writing really boggles the mind sometimes. How difficult is it to hire the damn writer and have them work with the team, or maybe, astonishingly, have a story worked out first?

And this isn't even taking into account the deliberate gibberish that passes for a story in Japanese games.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There's a different idiom or something in lots of Japanese stuff.

There're loads of games that I have to play in Japanese, even if I'm feeling lazy, because in English they're wince-inducing, but in Japanese they just work.

It's quite odd, and something I might explore in the MA I'm planning to do.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm still unhappy that the FF series seems to be going down the pan in terms of plot. FFXII just didn't bother and FFXIII is very clearly somebody's idea for an interesting world which they tried to slap a game onto.

The irrelevant plots are the series I've never enjoyed the Dragon Quest series.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Germaine Greer makes some fucking rambling ass points.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Good morning, [chat].

I played stupid amounts of Monster Hunter 3 this weekend.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I'm still unhappy that the FF series seems to be going down the pan in terms of plot. FFXII just didn't bother and FFXIII is very clearly somebody's idea for an interesting world which they tried to slap a game onto.

The irrelevant plots are the series I've never enjoyed the Dragon Quest series.

I like fluffy FF plots. I'm enjoying 9 immensely.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    icon_biggrin.gif

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We went to a town pizza tasting competition then got drunk and talked about our sex life with another couple.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2010
    Somebody else do this.

217489353_Vigni-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.