As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] And You're Dead!

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    What's the raid thing?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    MEATSHIP

500x_meatenterprise.jpg

Starship Delicious.

I had real prosciutto last week.

It was better than I could have hoped.

Sheep on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    i7s are desktop procs that run super hot, news@11

And they crammed it in for the new MacBook Pros. Doesn't sound like a good thing to me.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    ah i see

i wonder if the apple fellow will lose his job

Apparently he's still employed. Gruber was saying that he's heard through people that management sees him as having made an honest mistake.

It's kind of hard to blame him for some 3rd party moron deciding to help himself to someone else's shit

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I... just... why?

500x_iretrofone.jpg

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    i agree that it was just a human mistake

i am curious, though

why did he have it out? is that an essential part of testing the baseband, taking it out to various places to check for reception or whatever?

Organichu on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i agree that it was just a human mistake

i am curious, though

why did he have it out? is that an essential part of testing the baseband, taking it out to various places to check for reception or whatever?

Since the device had a custom-built case in order to disguise it I am thinking it's normal to give them to employees to use as their regular phones for testing purposes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ah i see

Apparently he's still employed. Gruber was saying that he's heard through people that management sees him as having made an honest mistake.

It's kind of hard to blame him for some 3rd party moron deciding to help himself to someone else's shit

This is an Apple employee. That doesn't sound right at all.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    1004026-appleiie-01.jpg

Yes, that's an Apple IIe. Hacked for twitter.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i7s are desktop procs that run super hot, news@11

I got me an i5 :P

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    An honest mistake is sending an email to the wrong person. Getting drunk and leaving a top secret prototype at a fucking bar is just "I still think I'm in college" shit.

Smurph on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Even with the i5 processors Anandtech reports that the new machines are hotter than the Core 2 Duo machines. I don't know what Apple needs to do to get this under control, the T410s don't heat up like that.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ah i see

well he's an employee of real life Apple and not the imagined Apple of the blogosphere, so that probably helps

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Even with the i5 processors Anandtech reports that the new machines are hotter than the Core 2 Duo machines. I don't know what Apple needs to do to get this under control, the T410s don't heat up like that.

What do they do for cooling the processors as-is?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, tech sites need to shut up about sexy Android phones until I can see if I can (relatively) cheaply switch from my current one. :(

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    An honest mistake is sending an email to the wrong person. Getting drunk and leaving a top secret prototype at a fucking bar is just "I still think I'm in college" shit.

The amount of times intelligence guys, and governments officials have lost ridiculously sensitive information here is amazing. Last year there was one for 'British, American, and Israeli eyes only' (oh and anyone on the 09:30 to Birmingham)

Leitner on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm pretty much never going to be able to get another smart phone. I'm gonna be locked into this Sprint plan for as long as I live.

You get used to paying $40 a month for unlimited data, texts, and way more minutes than you know what to do with, and it's difficult to get yourself to pay three times as much for a hardware upgrade.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Maybe already talked about, I read an article today that the i7 gets up to over 100 degrees celsius. Boiling water, motherfuckers.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I'm pretty much never going to be able to get another smart phone. I'm gonna be locked into this Sprint plan for as long as I live.

You get used to paying $40 a month for unlimited data, texts, and way more minutes than you know what to do with, and it's difficult to get yourself to pay three times as much for a hardware upgrade.

I had the SERO plan. It was so sweet.

The phone I had was just too crappy though. I rely so much on my phone I couldn't not upgrade.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »

I had the SERO plan. It was so sweet.

The phone I had was just too crappy though. I rely so much on my phone I couldn't not upgrade.
    Yeah, I pay the extra $7 a month for the phone replacement plan.

If they make me switch off of it when my beast of a phone finally kicks it, I'll probably switch companies altogether; I can get corporate rates through Verizon, I think. And I really want a Nexus One.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Couldn't you just buy an unsubsidized sprint phone from somewhere and have them activate it as your new phone? Yeah it would be expensive but it's an option if your plan is that good.

Smurph on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    Couldn't you just buy an unsubsidized sprint phone from somewhere and have them activate it as your new phone? Yeah it would be expensive but it's an option if your plan is that good.

They wouldn't do that.

The new phones are completely incompatible with those plans. They're trying to kill the plans so they don't let you do anything.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    guys what are good media players for osx besides vlc?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I... just... why?

500x_iretrofone.jpg

i would buy this

does this make me a pretentious hipster

am i going to have to start wearing a keffiyeh

Pony on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Contrary to Than's belief that I would not finish my essay after playing SC2, I did finish and turn it in. And ate dinner in there as well. So there we go, I can play games and be productive, too!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    I... just... why?

500x_iretrofone.jpg

i would buy this

I'm sorry Pony, but it's off to the glue factory for you.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Contrary to Than's belief that I would not finish my essay after playing SC2, I did finish and turn it in. And ate dinner in there as well. So there we go, I can play games and be productive, too!

You and me should do a 2v2 or something soonish.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    guys what are good media players for osx besides vlc?

i have actually never even considered this question. i guess i just use iTunes or qt or whatever the native dvd-watcher is.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is there some way I can edit in my character's background using the D&D character editor?

Other than converting to PDF, I mean.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I... just... why?

500x_iretrofone.jpg

i would buy this

I think that phone would only work if you're wearing one actually.

Smurph on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    I... just... why?

500x_iretrofone.jpg

i would buy this

might want to pick up a fixie just in case

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    elldren: movist

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ah i see

well he's an employee of real life Apple and not the imagined Apple of the blogosphere, so that probably helps

I would never be caught dead in anything so quaint as the blogosphere, but the guy lost secret tech at a bar, and Apple is big on their secrecy. If you lose important shit at a bar, there's a fair chance it's going to get stolen. He's not blameless.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah we should Justin, I did a 2v2 with Sark, VH and Seph today. Sark and I lost but it was actually a lot closer game than I thought. Stupid brain locking up till the end. I knew I should of gone Thor/tanks to counter the hydra blob but didn't think of it till way to late. Though I must say my banshees did preform well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ah i see

I would never be caught dead in anything so quaint as the blogosphere, but the guy lost secret tech at a bar, and Apple is big on their secrecy. If you lose important shit at a bar, there's a fair chance it's going to get stolen. He's not blameless.

Well yeah guy's probably not getting the greatest eval this year. But depending on who it is and the work they do it'd be kind of dumb to just get rid of them. If anything this guy is now the least likely to lose a prototype in the future.

Quid on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't understand people that delete and resurrect their Facebook profiles on a weekly basis.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elldren: I seem to this program called SWF & FLV Player installed on my MBP, but I cannot attest to its usefulness.

Do you just have something against VLC?

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh hey my external drives are all ntfs formatted

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The perfect thing: http://i.imgur.com/NAGXt.jpg

Tri-Bearotops.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.