As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] in the Sky

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    cass though i'm totally comfortable with

cass how would you like to be my baby making machine

i'll tell you this: there is medical and dental in it for you, and in this economy those aren't to be taken for granted

compensation based upon experience

Ummm I'm Canadian I have free health care.

You can't lure my uterus into your honeyed trap with such bait, I'm too busy flossing my perfect, cavity-free teeth and recklessly getting appointments with my doctor.

maybe you don't take the job

maybe someone starts a fire, late at night

maybe you don't make it out

Organichu on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I generally dislike the Gawker network in general. It's even more copy paste news than Engadget, who I like when the comments are turned off.

Sarksus on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Why would anyone side with Gizmodo?

They received stolen property. They bragged about it. They outed the poor engineer that lost the phone.

The editor got raided by the cops FOR RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY.

This isn't a case of journalism attacked or FREE SPEECH RAH RAH TURRISM.

They -received stolen property- and were general dicks about it.

Aren't they siding with Gizmodo because of the potentially illegal police raid committed against one of their editors?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFbFCTziw28

The map editor has been out for less than a week.

JustinSane07 on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I generally dislike the Gawker network in general. It's even more copy paste news than Engadget, who I like when the comments are turned off.

I like Jezebel a lot.

The responses to the quote tree above made me giggle intensely. I lol'd you might say.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited April 2010
    Check the first page, Justin.

Sarksus on
  • gearngearn __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Christ, some people in the Consumers To Apple thread are so fucking stupid

gearn on
    edited April 2010

They received stolen property. They bragged about it. They outed the poor engineer that lost the phone.

Gizmodo have been dicks before in the past, such as switching off the TVs at a Panasonic conference and posting it on their site and giggling about it.

That was hilarious.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2010
    Check the first page, Justin.

THIS IS ME NOT GIVING A FUCK. IT SHOULD BE POSTED ON EVERY PAGE

JustinSane07 on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Gizmodo have been dicks before in the past, such as switching off the TVs at a Panasonic conference and posting it on their site and giggling about it.

That was hilarious.

TV-B-Gone is basically an asshole device.

electricitylikesme on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

That was hilarious.

When I watched it all I could think of was being a Panasonic employee and having to deal with that shit. The sweat trickling down the back of your neck as more and more TVs turn off. The panic rising in your chest. The gun you keep in your front pocket at all times suddenly feels heavier. There's one round left in it, but that's all you need...

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »

Aren't they siding with Gizmodo because of the potentially illegal police raid committed against one of their editors?

He was raided on suspicion of receiving stolen property. Their argument is solely that a journalist cannot be arrested for something to do with a story.

They would have a point, but they paid $5000 for the iphone. It's not longer protecting a source or anything like that.

He received stolen property which is a felony.

Ludious on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wanna play some staaaaaaarcraft! :cry:

I barely cared until the code came in. Wah wah wah.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If the police raid was illegal then the police fucked up.

Gizmodo still paid for ill-gotten goods knowingly, making them liable.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited April 2010
    Fuck you world I am going to write books and they will make me a modest living, and I won't need to scurry on my stomach in the alleyways of Toronto with a hastily crafted spear in one hand, searching for rats so I can have enough strength to write one more chapter!!

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so like i just said, i hurt in my everywhere, and now i am having an Organichu moment (tm)

Arch on
    edited April 2010
    Fuck you world I am going to write books and they will make me a modest living, and I won't need to scurry on my stomach in the alleyways of Toronto with a hastily crafted spear in one hand, searching for rats so I can have enough strength to write one more chapter!!

Marry rich, win the lottery, or be one of them easy living welfare moms I hear so much about.

Kagera on
    edited April 2010
    Kagera wrote: »

Marry rich, win the lottery, or be one of them easy living welfare moms I hear so much about.

Fat girls can't marry rich.

edited April 2010
    I would download an illegal torrent of your book, Cass.

/support

Sarksus on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    so like i just said, i hurt in my everywhere, and now i am having an Organichu moment (tm)

warm hotdogs on white bread moment?

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
    edited April 2010

He was raided on suspicion of receiving stolen property. Their argument is solely that a journalist cannot be arrested for something to do with a story.

They would have a point, but they paid $5000 for the iphone. It's not longer protecting a source or anything like that.

I still don't see why they felt the need to raid his home, personally. I mean, if they're going to press felony charges against him, he posted all the information about how he got the phone on Gizmodo. Not hard to really look that shit up.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited April 2010

You only have to be skinny long enough to fool an old oil baron. Once he croaks your inner fanny can bust out again.

Kagera on
    edited April 2010

The Giz people could get the police on a technicality though. If you look at the warrant, it doesn't give permission for a night raid but the cops were there at 9:45pm. That's a violation of the warrant.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2010
    Corbius wrote: »

almost

i had leftover soydogs so i fried them in butter, threw in leftover macaroni and cheese, and then put some jarred marinara sauce on it all and heated it through

considering i generally make my own sauce from scratch this is terrible

Arch on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

bullllshit.

You obviously have specialized knowledge of the functionality of the mouth and tongue vis-a-vis your fatness.

Apply this knowledge to a rich dong and you're rolling in the monies.

Ludious on
    edited April 2010
    hey if i take the effort of getting my monitor out of the closet and digging out the power cord and hdmi cable... will any of you be on XBL for some BC2

Organichu on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I still don't see why they felt the need to raid his home, personally. I mean, if they're going to press felony charges against him, he posted all the information about how he got the phone on Gizmodo. Not hard to really look that shit up.

'Cause he is one of them "computer guys!" God knows what else he may have! Like illegally copied floppies!

firewaterword on
    edited April 2010

But what other things may he have illegally purchased? Only one way to find out.

Kagera on
    edited April 2010

almost

i had leftover soydogs so i fried them in butter, threw in leftover macaroni and cheese, and then put some jarred marinara sauce on it all and heated it through

shoot it a few times

it'll taste a lot better

Organichu on
    edited April 2010

That was hilarious.

When I watched it all I could think of was being a Panasonic employee and having to deal with that shit. The sweat trickling down the back of your neck as more and more TVs turn off. The panic rising in your chest. The gun you keep in your front pocket at all times suddenly feels heavier. There's one round left in it, but that's all you need...

Your powers don't work on me, woman.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

almost

shoot it a few times

it'll taste a lot better

allright
    the gun is my donger right?

Arch on
    edited April 2010

You only have to be skinny long enough to fool an old oil baron. Once he croaks your inner fanny can bust out again.

I'll drop all of my medications and stop eating and just go completely fucking batshit loco. I'll sway into a swanky party, wearing an evening gown cut to the navel and a huge fur stole, and start licking people's ears. I'll say erotic things like, "Baby if you put your drill in me I'll spray black gold all over you :winky:" and they'll respond "Ma'am I'm the caterer please stop touching me or I'll call the police."

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Choco isn't a moneyed prince who just wants to escape his bourgeois upbringing?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2010

'Cause he is one of them "computer guys!" God knows what else he may have! Like illegally copied floppies!

Oh noes! The RIAA secretly made them raid his house to stop him from hacking the gibson and spreading illegal music, too!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited April 2010

almost

No part of this meal is appetizing.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010

almost

No part of this meal is appetizing.

yes it is pretty terrible

but my entire body is sore and i have so many leftovers to eat

Arch on
    edited April 2010

I'll drop all of my medications and stop eating and just go completely fucking batshit loco. I'll sway into a swanky party, wearing an evening gown cut to the navel and a huge fur stole, and start licking people's ears. I'll say erotic things like, "Baby if you put your drill in me I'll spray black gold all over you :winky:" and they'll respond "Ma'am I'm the caterer please stop touching me or I'll call the police."

It worked for Anna Nicole.

Kagera on
    edited April 2010
    I'm hungry again.

I ran out of grape jelly so I can't make PB&J.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010

Oh noes! The RIAA secretly made them raid his house to stop him from hacking the gibson and spreading illegal music, too!

I heard Steve Jobs himself rolled by on a skateboard to pluck the new phone from the giz guy's hand.

He never even slowed down...

firewaterword on
    edited April 2010

It worked for Anna Nicole.

she's practically a skeleton now.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.