As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] in the Sky

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Salespeople and fast food workers refer to me as 'ma'am'. It's a little alarming. I don't think you can be a ma'am at 19.

Honestly I feel really embarrassed to call someone miss so I usually say ma'am though I prefer not to say anything at all because ma'am is sometimes considered to be meant for older women.

Sarksus on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Ok so I just finished Avatar...

That was all a big joke, right? Right?
    I mean, the robot knife fight.

This movie has to be a huge joke all of society is playing on me. I just can't take it seriously.

Someone please tell me I'm not alone.

My dad cried when
    the tree fell.

I just thought it would be a great clip to make a youtube vid out of with the theme song from the Smurfs playing in the background.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    cass you aren't fat

You can't talk about people who incorrectly think they are fat.

i can do whatever i want

i have a loaded gun

plus i am israeli

if anyone complains i will decry them as antisemitic

don't stand in my way, nerd

down that path is destruction and disappointment

See this makes me your natural enemy.

I'm a Texan. Therefore I too have a loaded gun.

And thanks to our educational system I'll confuse you with the Seminoles, determine you're here to rape our womens, and a bloody shoot out follows.

i am going to be honest here and say that i'd much prefer if we just fucked brutally, sailor

Organichu on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wow, Richy's H/A thread just had a weird response.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Highest earning movie of all time is a furry movie.

We've won.

langfor6 on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SMURPH WE NEED MOVIE WEEK OR SOMETHING

STEP 1- buy avatar on blue ray

STEP 2- FUCK THAT LETS SEE KICKASS

STEP 3- WHOOPS THIS SHOULD BE STEP 2 BECAUSE IT IS BEERS

STEP 4- wait when does iron man 2 come out

fuck maybe i should plan this out better

Arch on
    edited April 2010
    Na'vi don't have fury.

Kagera on
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wait I am on beer 5 for the night? I thought I was on be 2 or 3. How the fuck.

Smurph on
    edited April 2010
    basically smurph what i am saying is i am silently seething with rage at my family and need something to do this week to forget about it also we need to hang out

Arch on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm in a writing mood but also a fun-writing mood and both of the books I am writing on are more serious.

FEAST ON MY CREATIVE ENERGIES [CHAT]

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    No guys, seriously. Like, I could roll my eyes and bear with Avatar for most of it, even during the furry make out scene. But the
    MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT KNIFE FIGHT

That just made me lose it to the point that I had to pause the movie.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

I still don't see why they felt the need to raid his home, personally. I mean, if they're going to press felony charges against him, he posted all the information about how he got the phone on Gizmodo. Not hard to really look that shit up.

But what other things may he have illegally purchased? Only one way to find out.

And they're allowed to raid your office before anything has been charged, when this is specifically dealing with the iPhone, which has been returned already by Gizmodo?

I thought that if they wanted to see if he purchased anything else illegally, they'd have to actually file charges first.

You have to get warrants to collect evidence, and you need evidence to file charges. (I mean, you could file charges with no evidence, but that's probably not going to work out too well in terms of getting the right person)

Let's say they believe Chen and the seller arranged the deal via emails sent from his home laptop (maybe the seller told them that, for instance). Then they have probable cause to believe there is evidence related to the crime in his home, and they tell a judge, and he signs a warrant, and they go and collect the evidence, and Chen whines like a babby about a "raid".

It just seems like a whole lot of trouble when they already posted how they got it online. Seems kind of redundant to actually seize his computers and servers when they already know he paid $5000 for it from some guy who contacted them.

Unless they're trying to press charges against the guy who found the phone, which would technically be covered under that shield law, right?

Dog you don't seem to understand how criminal cases are built on evidence and how more and better evidence is always useful.

No, I don't. Since Gizmodo openly talked about the whole iPhone debacle on their own website, disclosing how much they paid for it, who received it. How long they had it for, what happened in regards to it, etc.

Just seems like overkill when the evidence is right there without a police raid.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Why would anyone side with Gizmodo?

They received stolen property. They bragged about it. They outed the poor engineer that lost the phone.

The editor got raided by the cops FOR RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY.

This isn't a case of journalism attacked or FREE SPEECH RAH RAH TURRISM.

They -received stolen property- and were general dicks about it.

Aren't they siding with Gizmodo because of the potentially illegal police raid committed against one of their editors?

He was raided on suspicion of receiving stolen property. Their argument is solely that a journalist cannot be arrested for something to do with a story.

They would have a point, but they paid $5000 for the iphone. It's not longer protecting a source or anything like that.

He received stolen property which is a felony.

I still don't see why they felt the need to raid his home, personally. I mean, if they're going to press felony charges against him, he posted all the information about how he got the phone on Gizmodo. Not hard to really look that shit up.

'Cause he is one of them "computer guys!" God knows what else he may have! Like illegally copied floppies!

Oh noes! The RIAA secretly made them raid his house to stop him from hacking the gibson and spreading illegal music, too!

I heard Steve Jobs himself rolled by on a skateboard to pluck the new phone from the giz guy's hand.

He never even slowed down...

Steve Jobs waits for Nick Denton to shower. He opens the door, slowly, slowly, with the fine and soft caress of a man arousing a waiting lover. Nick Denton scrubs his hair, tense with the worries of running a blogging empire. He rolls his shoulders in agitation and tries to find solace in the soft sound of the showerhead sprinkling down all around him. Steve Jobs can sense his agitation; he's like a hulking lion cat watching the gazelle. His black turtleneck clings tightly to his skin with steam and sweat. He lurks closer to the Shower. Nick Denton is beginning to lather his square jaw, pursing his small lips. He's a man who's learned efficiency in his years of journalism, and so he shaves while he showers while he blackberries. Jobs knows this efficiency. They say opposites attract, but Steve Jobs could never deal with a wishy washy subordinate whining about having to pick up his blackberry at 3am or design a cost efficient iMac shell. Steve Jobs's cock throbbed hard as he waited in the shadows of the bathroom. Nick Denton was not only a man who met Steve Jobs' taste, but he had defied him by posting the iPhone.

The defiance would cost Nick Denton many things. His hard earned money, his reputation as a journalist, his dignity in the press. But it earned Nick Denton one very important thing that had never been in his life or his anus before: Steve Jobs's penis.

Steve Jobs whipped back the shower curtain. Nick Denton turned. He had been expecting the CEO of Apple to show up. They would be up all night, but Steve Jobs was used to long shifts.

:lol:

Do not laugh at Steve Jobs' boner.

Or he will find you next.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm in a writing mood but also a fun-writing mood and both of the books I am writing on are more serious.

Thank you, ma'am.

Nerdgasmic on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    can you be less gay with men in your writing and more gay with women, cass?

Ludious on
    edited April 2010

I fear. I fear unleashing that which cannot be controlled by man or god.

Kagera on
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    basically smurph what i am saying is i am silently seething with rage at my family and need something to do this week to forget about it also we need to hang out

I am down for KICK ASS anytime except Thursday night. This includes tomorrow if you are free. Or if you want to wait until the weekend that's cool too.

Smurph on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    cass you aren't fat

You can't talk about people who incorrectly think they are fat.

i can do whatever i want

i have a loaded gun

plus i am israeli

if anyone complains i will decry them as antisemitic

don't stand in my way, nerd

down that path is destruction and disappointment

See this makes me your natural enemy.

I'm a Texan. Therefore I too have a loaded gun.

And thanks to our educational system I'll confuse you with the Seminoles, determine you're here to rape our womens, and a bloody shoot out follows.

i am going to be honest here and say that i'd much prefer if we just fucked brutally, sailor

Well yeah that's after the bloody shoot out. It's not like we'll die in it.

Quid on
    edited April 2010
    And class again!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited April 2010
    Never mind, maybe not. Noone's moving for English class.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited April 2010

But what other things may he have illegally purchased? Only one way to find out.

And they're allowed to raid your office before anything has been charged, when this is specifically dealing with the iPhone, which has been returned already by Gizmodo?

I thought that if they wanted to see if he purchased anything else illegally, they'd have to actually file charges first.

You have to get warrants to collect evidence, and you need evidence to file charges. (I mean, you could file charges with no evidence, but that's probably not going to work out too well in terms of getting the right person)

Let's say they believe Chen and the seller arranged the deal via emails sent from his home laptop (maybe the seller told them that, for instance). Then they have probable cause to believe there is evidence related to the crime in his home, and they tell a judge, and he signs a warrant, and they go and collect the evidence, and Chen whines like a babby about a "raid".

It just seems like a whole lot of trouble when they already posted how they got it online. Seems kind of redundant to actually seize his computers and servers when they already know he paid $5000 for it from some guy who contacted them.

Unless they're trying to press charges against the guy who found the phone, which would technically be covered under that shield law, right?

Dog you don't seem to understand how criminal cases are built on evidence and how more and better evidence is always useful.

No, I don't. Since Gizmodo openly talked about the whole iPhone debacle on their own website, disclosing how much they paid for it, who received it. How long they had it for, what happened in regards to it, etc.

Just seems like overkill when the evidence is right there without a police raid.

Evidence needs to be corroborated with more evidence.

For instance if I said 'I'm planning to rob Fort Knox' they'd want to search my place for evidence I wasn't just making up stupid shit.

Kagera on
    edited April 2010
    Smurph wrote: »

I am down for KICK ASS anytime except Thursday night. This includes tomorrow if you are free. Or if you want to wait until the weekend that's cool too.

i want to try for tomorrow because i fear weekends- it always turns up that i SUDDENLY HAVE AN ISSUE TO DEAL WITH

it is frustrating

will call/text you tomorrow

Arch on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    No guys, seriously. Like, I could roll my eyes and bear with Avatar for most of it, even during the furry make out scene. But the

Why do you hate fun?

So It Goes on
    edited April 2010

Patricia sat on the couch watching an episode of Seinfeld. Kramer burst in the door and the laugh track went off. Kramer was Patricia's least favorite character on Seinfeld. She did not look forward to his wacky antics. She patiently waited for Elaine to come into Jerry's apartment instead.

The door opened to Patricia's apartment, and Patricia realized that her relationships would never be as wacky or as fun-filled as Jerry or Elaine's were. Patricia's girlfriend, Danielle walked in. Danielle was wearing unflattering clothing stained with fast food again. Patricia wished Danielle would put more effort into her appearance, but she was afraid of damaging her partner's fragile self esteem. Danielle and Patricia began to engage in the routine making out, each one wishing they could stop but refusing to hurt their partner. As Danielle gave Patricia subpar oral sex, Patricia's head lolled to the side so she could see what George's new business plan was.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wait I am on beer 5 for the night? I thought I was on be 2 or 3. How the fuck.
    I would steal a prototype iphone for a beer right now...

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Corroboration is a great word!

So It Goes on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Stay perfectly still. Their eyesight is based on movement.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Hypothetical: They claim they made it all up.

You're the lazy prosecutor who figured why gather any other evidence, you have no evidence other than the story they now say was made up. You're royally boned

Senjutsu on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

... in your hd 3d cinema?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so i am now a member of my workplace's official band

as a bassist, despite the fact that i barely play bass at all

we are going to play hilarious french folk music and also some decent classic rock for old folks

Evil Multifarious on
    edited April 2010

i want to try for tomorrow because i fear weekends- it always turns up that i SUDDENLY HAVE AN ISSUE TO DEAL WITH

it is frustrating

will call/text you tomorrow

alright sweet! I can totally drive btw.

Smurph on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder what it says about me that I'm unphased by Cass's unrotica.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2010

I'll whisper it in your ear while I make a Charisma roll.

Kagera on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2010

If you're some kind of lawyer.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Patricia sat on the couch watching an episode of Seinfeld. Kramer burst in the door and the laugh track went off. Kramer was Patricia's least favorite character on Seinfeld. She did not look forward to his wacky antics. She patiently waited for Elaine to come into Jerry's apartment instead.

The door opened to Patricia's apartment, and Patricia realized that her relationships would never be as wacky or as fun-filled as Jerry or Elaine's were. Patricia's girlfriend, Danielle walked in. Danielle was wearing unflattering clothing stained with fast food again. Patricia wished Danielle would put more effort into her appearance, but she was afraid of damaging her partner's fragile self esteem. Danielle and Patricia began to engage in the routine making out, each one wishing they could stop but refusing to hurt their partner. As Danielle gave Patricia subpar oral sex, Patricia's head lolled to the side so she could see what George's new business plan was.

I...

Ludious on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch, I see you made a gnome.

I won't make any height jokes I won't make any height jokes I won't make any height jokes

Nocturne on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Corbius wrote: »

Stay perfectly still. Their eyesight is based on movement.

not just Noone, but all of the Hermits

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

I...

You messed with the best.

Nerdgasmic on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just don't see why police would want to collect evidence. And why they would take it themselves instead of politely asking suspects to incriminate themselves. That just seems so mean! I bet Steve Jobs made them be mean!

Senjutsu on
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Arch, I see you made a gnome.

I won't make any height jokes I won't make any height jokes I won't make any height jokes

that was the point

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.