As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] in the Sky

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cass is like some kind of writer

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I just don't see why police would want to collect evidence. And why they would take it themselves instead of politely asking suspects to incriminate themselves. That just seems so mean! I bet Steve Jobs made them be mean!

ummmmm we've been over this Steve Jobs takes care of business his own way.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Arch, I see you made a gnome.

I won't make any height jokes I won't make any height jokes I won't make any height jokes

that was the point

Yeah I figured :P

I'm still making my way throught he Player's Handbooks. Too many choices! So many cool things!

Nocturne on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just don't see why police would want to collect evidence. And why they would take it themselves instead of politely asking suspects to incriminate themselves. That just seems so mean! I bet Steve Jobs made them be mean!

His parents are dead.

Senjutsu on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The older I get the less patience I have for this rah-rah the man is always wrong silliness.

Ludious on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    The older I get the less patience I have for this rah-rah the man is always wrong silliness.

It's you becoming a conservative.

It is a fate that will befall all.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010

I won't make any height jokes I won't make any height jokes I won't make any height jokes

that was the point

I'm still making my way throught he Player's Handbooks. Too many choices! So many cool things!

What sort of things are striking you so far?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

that was the point

Now that I have..acquired..a copy of the Player's handbook, I may spend some of my weekend reading it and going over core mechanics and whatnot.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

His parents are dead.

Steve Jobs refuses to kill. Steve Jobs always brings his man to justice. Steve Jobs has a butler who attends to his every need. Steve Jobs hangs out with 12 year old boys and asks them if they're dense, if they're goddamned retarded or something.

edited April 2010
    There are a number of good reasons to dislike Apple/Jobs

I don't see how this is one of them.

Now whether or not the police were overstepping their boundaries when they raided the place, that's a different argument, and entirely possible.

Nocturne on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I made my man but I cannot summon the energy to write his backstory.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

I still don't see why they felt the need to raid his home, personally. I mean, if they're going to press felony charges against him, he posted all the information about how he got the phone on Gizmodo. Not hard to really look that shit up.

But what other things may he have illegally purchased? Only one way to find out.

And they're allowed to raid your office before anything has been charged, when this is specifically dealing with the iPhone, which has been returned already by Gizmodo?

I thought that if they wanted to see if he purchased anything else illegally, they'd have to actually file charges first.

You have to get warrants to collect evidence, and you need evidence to file charges. (I mean, you could file charges with no evidence, but that's probably not going to work out too well in terms of getting the right person)

Let's say they believe Chen and the seller arranged the deal via emails sent from his home laptop (maybe the seller told them that, for instance). Then they have probable cause to believe there is evidence related to the crime in his home, and they tell a judge, and he signs a warrant, and they go and collect the evidence, and Chen whines like a babby about a "raid".

It just seems like a whole lot of trouble when they already posted how they got it online. Seems kind of redundant to actually seize his computers and servers when they already know he paid $5000 for it from some guy who contacted them.

Unless they're trying to press charges against the guy who found the phone, which would technically be covered under that shield law, right?

Dog you don't seem to understand how criminal cases are built on evidence and how more and better evidence is always useful.

No, I don't. Since Gizmodo openly talked about the whole iPhone debacle on their own website, disclosing how much they paid for it, who received it. How long they had it for, what happened in regards to it, etc.

Just seems like overkill when the evidence is right there without a police raid.

Hypothetical: They claim they made it all up.

You're the lazy prosecutor who figured why gather any other evidence, you have no evidence other than the story they now say was made up. You're royally boned

I guess that means that Apple isn't filing the charges, and this is being done completely by the police? I'm assuming that Apple's emails with contact information with Gizmodo would be dismissible as evidence if Gizmodo claims they made it all up, including testimonies about how the one engineer lost the iPhone originally and how Apple received the prototype back from Gizmodo?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited April 2010

His parents are dead.

Steve Jobs refuses to kill. Steve Jobs always brings his man to justice. Steve Jobs has a butler who attends to his every need. Steve Jobs hangs out with 12 year old boys and asks them if they're dense, if they're goddamned retarded or something.

Steve Jobs has a lot of cool gadgets and a belt he keeps them on.

Senjutsu on
    edited April 2010
    There are a number of good reasons to dislike Apple/Jobs

I don't see how this is one of them.

Now whether or not the police were overstepping their boundaries when they raided the place, that's a different argument, and entirely possible.

Given the nature of the crime and of the investigation, as far as I can tell they weren't.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010

His parents are dead.

Steve Jobs dresses in black so he can confuse criminals easily.

edited April 2010
    I'm not trying to be dense, I'm honestly curious.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited April 2010

His parents are dead.

Steve Jobs knows that a symbol can be more than any one man.

Senjutsu on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

His parents are dead.

To Bill Brasky!

Wait...what?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited April 2010

You had been using your immense power to fight people at the local pub and win money from the bets.

One day you saw a highwayman riding down a dusty road. A fair maiden begged you to stop the thief, but you couldn't be bothered to waste his time on petty criminals.

Later that same highwayman thrust his rapier through the heart of your Uncle. From that day you swore to do what was right.

Nocturne on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    What if Steve Jobs met Liara?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2010

fencing stolen property is al kinds of illegal coke

Apple could ask them to please not charge them and it wouldn't make a whiff of difference

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

He would punch her the fuck out for having such an inefficient system of connecting nervous systems.

He would redesign the Asari mind-connections, package it out in shiny white while Justin Long waxed poetic about how easy it was to create mind babies with, and make a billion trillion dollars.

They would not have sex.

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

What kind of man?

I'm still waffling.

deadonthestreet on
    edited April 2010

He would punch her the fuck out for having such an inefficient system of connecting nervous systems.

He would redesign the Asari mind-connections, package it out in shiny white while Justin Long waxed poetic about how easy it was to create mind babies with, and make a billion trillion dollars.

They would not have sex.

Yeah, but how much would she want him in italics?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2010

They would not have sex.

Like not even a little.

edited April 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

fencing stolen property is al kinds of illegal coke

Apple could ask them to please not charge them and it wouldn't make a whiff of difference

Not what I'm asking.
    I guess that means that Apple isn't filing the charges, and this is being done completely by the police? I'm assuming that Apple's emails with contact information with Gizmodo would be dismissible as evidence if Gizmodo claims they made it all up, including testimonies about how the one engineer lost the iPhone originally and how Apple received the prototype back from Gizmodo?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited April 2010

I still don't see why they felt the need to raid his home, personally. I mean, if they're going to press felony charges against him, he posted all the information about how he got the phone on Gizmodo. Not hard to really look that shit up.

But what other things may he have illegally purchased? Only one way to find out.

And they're allowed to raid your office before anything has been charged, when this is specifically dealing with the iPhone, which has been returned already by Gizmodo?

I thought that if they wanted to see if he purchased anything else illegally, they'd have to actually file charges first.

You have to get warrants to collect evidence, and you need evidence to file charges. (I mean, you could file charges with no evidence, but that's probably not going to work out too well in terms of getting the right person)

Let's say they believe Chen and the seller arranged the deal via emails sent from his home laptop (maybe the seller told them that, for instance). Then they have probable cause to believe there is evidence related to the crime in his home, and they tell a judge, and he signs a warrant, and they go and collect the evidence, and Chen whines like a babby about a "raid".

It just seems like a whole lot of trouble when they already posted how they got it online. Seems kind of redundant to actually seize his computers and servers when they already know he paid $5000 for it from some guy who contacted them.

Unless they're trying to press charges against the guy who found the phone, which would technically be covered under that shield law, right?

Dog you don't seem to understand how criminal cases are built on evidence and how more and better evidence is always useful.

No, I don't. Since Gizmodo openly talked about the whole iPhone debacle on their own website, disclosing how much they paid for it, who received it. How long they had it for, what happened in regards to it, etc.

Just seems like overkill when the evidence is right there without a police raid.

You're the lazy prosecutor who figured why gather any other evidence, you have no evidence other than the story they now say was made up. You're royally boned

I guess that means that Apple isn't filing the charges, and this is being done completely by the police?

It isn't necessary for anyone to press charges for the police to investigate a crime.
    I'm assuming that Apple's emails with contact information with Gizmodo would be dismissible as evidence if Gizmodo claims they made it all up, including testimonies about how the one engineer lost the iPhone originally and how Apple received the prototype back from Gizmodo?

"Hey man we found it on the street that guy who says we bought it is just trying to deflect attention"

Look, when you are investigating a crime there isn't a set amount of evidence that is "enough". If you think there is evidence that either reinforces or contradicts what you have, you go get it too. And you get a judge to give you the ability to get it if you can't legal get it otherwise, like if it's in someone's house.

Senjutsu on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    wanna have sex

Organichu on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Only the government presses criminal charges.

So It Goes on
    edited April 2010

They would not have sex.

Like not even a little.

Aw. Really, ma'am? :(

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2010

His parents are dead.

Steve Jobs knows that a symbol can be more than any one man.

Steve Jobs is not dead, he's just been displaced in time.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alright, I now have a real copy of the PHB and the Martial Power book. Oh and Forza 3. And I managed to do some ice skating with the girl.

Thomamelas on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey do any of you have Fable 2 and feel like donating some gold?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited April 2010
    Hm... fair enough. Just seemed like overkill to me. *shrug*

Thanks.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    part of me is very tempted to stay up late and watch Robocop.

Dynagrip on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey do any of you have Fable 2 and feel like donating some gold?

Wow, long time no see GS.

And no I don't. I was thinking about getting it when I get my Xbox 360 repaired.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited April 2010
    Hm... fair enough. Just seemed like overkill to me. *shrug*

Thanks.

No such thing as overkill

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    I am also tempted to stay up late, sir.

Nerdgasmic on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That guy is lucky he didn't have space marines knocking down his door.

Sarksus on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

You had been using your immense power to fight people at the local pub and win money from the bets.

One day you saw a highwayman riding down a dusty road. A fair maiden begged you to stop the thief, but you couldn't be bothered to waste his time on petty criminals.

Later that same highwayman thrust his rapier through the heart of your Uncle. From that day you swore to do what was right.

I know his backstory, I'm just too lazy to write it.

Also spiderman fucking sucks.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.