As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] in the Sky

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Adium is good except it doesn't have video chat and is awful at transferring files.

But it looks really good and supports scads of protocols.

I could not give a rat's ass about the first (except maybe to say "I don't want this feature") and the second isn't important when everyone you know has hosting available or good email accts

i could give you a reason to want video chat

(it involves mayonnaise and phantom menace)

Organichu on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rat's ass is a treat in some countries.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Elldren would prefer to keep the rat's ass in regards to the first.

my rat's ass!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey SOTAR, you still planning to go with us on Wednesday?

Quid on
    edited April 2010
    Adium is good except it doesn't have video chat and is awful at transferring files.

I could not give a rat's ass about the first (except maybe to say "I don't want this feature") and the second isn't important when everyone you know has hosting available or good email accts

eeeeeeuuuugh

on both counts

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    i've eaten rat

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »

I can't :(. Low on cash.

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Today I need to rewrite the experimental half of my report to something more professional looking, then start doing graphs. Then determine from these graphs whether my experiment was a success or a failure.

EDIT: I reckon the best way to stop D&D D&D from failing would be to play it over IRC in timed sessions. Only disadvantage with that though is we'd all need to be around at the same time....world clock issues might stop that.

Hmmmmm....

There's no way I'm running a live game for 20 people.

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010

eeeeeeuuuugh

on both counts

yisssss

desired effect achieved

8-)

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    Alright, the Thanatos post has been bookmarked.

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010
    hahahaah the description of this YT video is amazing

Female lioness go to hunt but get jumped by a pack of Hyena's And the Big Male has to go save his Bitches...

Organichu on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Today I need to rewrite the experimental half of my report to something more professional looking, then start doing graphs. Then determine from these graphs whether my experiment was a success or a failure.

EDIT: I reckon the best way to stop D&D D&D from failing would be to play it over IRC in timed sessions. Only disadvantage with that though is we'd all need to be around at the same time....world clock issues might stop that.

Hmmmmm....

It would probably not be feasible with that amount, no.

(also will you check my damn character!)

:P

WMain00 on
    edited April 2010
    hahahaah the description of this YT video is amazing

Female lioness go to hunt but get jumped by a pack of Hyena's And the Big Male has to go save his Bitches...

that's the only reason they keep the bastard around

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    Quaker puts out some damn good cereal.

edited April 2010

Hmmmmm....

It would probably not be feasible with that amount, no.

(also will you check my damn character!)

:P

How in god's name did you get 25 Wisdom?

Silas Brown on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Running a Dungeons & Dragons PBP is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman. It's great at first but eventually you get bored and resent the demands she's making on your time and then slowly you drift apart.

Later, when you're alone you'll regret splitting up and try again with someone new. This too will fade, and you will be locked in an endless cycle of diminishing love, before finally dying unloved in a home for the terminally lonely.

Bogart on
    edited April 2010
    Also, sweet character pic, WMain. People who play Deva never fail to impress on the roleplaying front, so I'm excited to see what you do.

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010

A typo I believe. I'm slightly new to the game, but I wanted to try something new from the offset rather than roll a standard "Human Warrior" guy. So when playing I might ask a couple of questions on what i'm doing. Hope that's alright?

WMain00 on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Running a Dungeons & Dragons PBP is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman. It's great at first but eventually you get bored and resent the demands she's making on your time and then slowly you drift apart.

Later, when you're alone you'll regret splitting up and try again with someone new. This too will fade, and you will be locked in an endless cycle of diminishing love, before finally dying unloved in a home for the terminally lonely.

In the Iron Heroes PBP I play in, it's got all dramatic and shit. My character is about to beat his childhood friend to death. Luckily, said friend is also a player who has a backup character on hand.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited April 2010

A typo I believe. I'm slightly new to the game, but I wanted to try something new from the offset rather than roll a standard "Human Warrior" guy. So when playing I might ask a couple of questions on what i'm doing. Hope that's alright?

That's just fine, myself as well as many of the players will be happy to help you out. :)

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010

I can't :(. Low on cash.

Kay.

Later in the day there might be an invite to play Arkham Horror.

Quid on
    edited April 2010
    I run and completed one PBP, and am close to finishing running another, but both the ones I've been a player in have folded soon after the first combat.

Bogart on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I run and completed one PBP, and am close to finishing running another, but both the ones I've been a player in have folded soon after the first combat.

Completed a PBP? Are you a witch?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited April 2010

I've been in three critical failures games that ended early. I'm actually a little bitter about it. It just seems so irresponsible to garner so much effort and excitement from the players and just drop it for Dragon Age or whatever.

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010

That's just fine, myself as well as many of the players will be happy to help you out. :)

Ta muchy.

WMain00 on
    edited April 2010
    Anyone up for SC2 beta? Sotar.sotar

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Moriarty will drop D&D&D&D for Pathfinder.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

It wasn't easy. Two guys left about half way through (though one came back right before the end), one guy left just before the final combat, and there were periods where the thing had to be dragged kicking and screaming back into the light of day, but six months later it was done. The sequel has lost one character already (dude just disappeared from the site completely), but has only a couple of combats to go before the end.

I dunno if I want to run a third, because hot damn they take a long time

Bogart on
    edited April 2010
    After patch downloads :x!

edited April 2010

It wasn't easy. Two guys left about half way through (though one came back right before the end), one guy left just before the final combat, and there were periods where the thing had to be dragged kicking and screaming back into the light of day, but six months later it was done. The sequel has lost one character already (dude just disappeared from the site completely), but has only a couple of combats to go before the end.

How many levels was each one?

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010
    Having been in a long running and completed PBEM game, it's possible

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    Bedtime. Peace, [chat].

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010

I've been in three critical failures games that ended early. I'm actually a little bitter about it. It just seems so irresponsible to garner so much effort and excitement from the players and just drop it for Dragon Age or whatever.

I wouldn't call it irresponsible. I mean, it's a PBP D&D game. You will survive its demise.

Real life gets in the way. The work involved for the DM builds up and becomes a pain rather than a joy. Players dither and drag simple decisions out for days, killing enthusiasm. A million things can kill a PBP.

Bogart on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I wouldn't call it irresponsible. I mean, it's a PBP D&D game. You will survive its demise.

Real life gets in the way. The work involved for the DM builds up and becomes a pain rather than a joy. Players dither and drag simple decisions out for days, killing enthusiasm. A million things can kill a PBP.

The players

It's always the players. Screw 'em.

Aroused Bull on
    edited April 2010

How many levels was each one?

First one went from 1 to 3. Second one is almost at level 4. Levelling is sloooooooow.

Bogart on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I guess I'm not sleeping

Elendil on
    edited April 2010
    Having been in a long running and completed PBEM game, it's possible

Definitely, but probably possible only via the correct combination of DM commitment, determination to see it through from all concerned, fun and luck.

Bogart on
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I guess I'm not sleeping

How is the new laptop?

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I guess I'm not sleeping

How is the new laptop?

Heheh.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    I am on a train called the Squeegle express.

Wait what?

Quid on
This discussion has been closed.