As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW-EU] www.obsidianspur.eu

• Kroyd_KrensonKroyd_Krenson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Really should move a toon over to your server.

Pick one: Lock/Hunter/DK/Priest/Shaman/Paladin

Kroyd_Krenson on
    steam_sig.png
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I installed/patched last night, and did the first few bits of DK starter, got appaled by the base UI, tried some UI packs, wasn't so happy with any, but by then I was too tired to really play much / contact manz (there were only four dudes on at that point anyway).

Dalaan the moocow DK is incoming though!

(I'm on the server with no resources whatsoever, if you feel like sponsorin' some scraps (bags, cheapo enchants, good ideas, bad ideas, things you think I should have....) I'll devour it all.

I'm thinking about going herbalism and either inscrip or alch (Riding around the old world gathering peacebloom is a fitting DK thing). Which would be better / easier?

I can't say I know much about the server's economy yet, but inscription is a pretty great moneymaker. Pairing it with herbalism would make you fairly self-sufficient, a benefit for a lone character.

Senshi on
  • GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I installed/patched last night, and did the first few bits of DK starter, got appaled by the base UI, tried some UI packs, wasn't so happy with any, but by then I was too tired to really play much / contact manz (there were only four dudes on at that point anyway).

Dalaan the moocow DK is incoming though!

(I'm on the server with no resources whatsoever, if you feel like sponsorin' some scraps (bags, cheapo enchants, good ideas, bad ideas, things you think I should have....) I'll devour it all.

I'm thinking about going herbalism and either inscrip or alch (Riding around the old world gathering peacebloom is a fitting DK thing). Which would be better / easier?

I would say Mining and JC would be a good money maker/give you some nice raiding buffs, especially if you decide to go tank, but it would also be good for a dps.

GreenPowerRanger on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I thought about JC, but I levelled it on my pala at the end of TBC, and it's a fucking pain. Expensive (And my character has... 2 gold... at the moment), and tedious even if you do it while levelling. Let alone if you have to ride around oldworld to get mats to skillup.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    edited April 2010
    I thought about JC, but I levelled it on my pala at the end of TBC, and it's a fucking pain. Expensive (And my character has... 2 gold... at the moment), and tedious even if you do it while levelling. Let alone if you have to ride around oldworld to get mats to skillup.

That's why you reduce the cost by levelling Mining. And you don't need to do it while ya not 80, as you wont have any gear worth gemming till you hit 80, as you will be levelling pretty fast.

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Really should move a toon over to your server.

Pick one: Lock/Hunter/DK/Priest/Shaman/Paladin

I'd say Lock or Paladin if it's of the healing variety.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    Can you link to their armories? Though I'm inclined to say Lock or Hunter.

We have plenty of priests and some levelling DKs. Wavefront will fill the shaman shoes and I don't like paladins.

GreenPowerRanger on
    edited April 2010
    Man, the recent flood of Cataclysm information has me stoked about getting back. They're really pulling some awesome stuff outta their ass for this, it's certainly shaping up to be a fantastic expansion.

I just got off the horn with the repair shop, the guy said it should be done sometime later this week or possibly next. Won't be long now. Might just hit up a netcafe or something in the meantime, maybe tonight. We'll see.

Senshi on
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Do it Wave, do itttttt...

We have 2 paladins at 80 I think, so a pala would be cool. But I think we have no locks at a high level, so that'd be wicked cool.

Varethius on
  • KezzerdrixxKezzerdrixx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, I've been looking for a new server for a while when I noticed this thread.

Was very briefly in OS a long time ago (Mericet - lowbie rogue) but I doubt anyone remembers me.

I rolled a little shammie (Kezzerdrixx) and the gf has rolled a warrior (Mymbi) and we've been pootling around at low level, but we have 80s we can transfer if things go well. I have an arcane mage, just about geared enough for ICC and the missus, depressingly, has a super-pimp resto druid amongst others.

Any chance of an invite? or a pointer towards an application form? or something?

Kezzerdrixx on
  • Kroyd_KrensonKroyd_Krenson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My lock is not geared. My hunter is. I don't really like healing on my paladin so I think I'll scrape that idea.

I used to be all about the lock but I kinda lost interest. Maybe I'll try that for a bit. I dunno. I usually prefer hybrids that can heal so I can do randoms more easily.

Kroyd_Krenson on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Dang, the guild is actually filling up quite quickly!
    Any chance of an invite? or a pointer towards an application form? or something?

Just /join PA to see if anybody is there to invite you.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    Faction transfer is bought and paid for.

Will probably be online tomorrow again for shenanigans

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    Let's raid icc, wave!

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    Yes I'll raid icc without addons

actually that sounds like it might be fun

maybe

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    I am currently imagining playing without those DBM sounds, goddamn how annoying they are.

Raid is scheduled for 19:00 server, btw!

Prof. Awesome on
  • welshjemzwelshjemz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ok just to update my priesty thing that i intend on transferring over at some point soon is now level 73 (sorry i love my current server too much to tear my druid away xD)

but i should be finally joining you guys in the next week or two, finances and levelling time allowing :mrgreen:

welshjemz on
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

This intrigues me.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • AstnsAstns Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

This intrigues me.

Huk!

Doooo it, the old dirty dozen (or however many it was) back together again!

Senshi wrote:

maybe

Raids without addons

Tops dps meters

Complains about underperforming

/facepalm

Astns on
    edited April 2010
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

This intrigues me.

That sum undead warrior? *is an expert armory stalker*

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    So we did some ICC again yesterday and being perpetually low on healers, we had to pug two:

trelish.jpg

Apparently I fail at taking screenshots and missed some of the last bits, I told him that our other healers weren't any better geared and I guess we fail, if by failing he means doing ICC without issues, while "undergeared". Some more "l2p nab" and "u fail" ensued.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    snip

Hahaha

Oh wow, thats classic.

Astns on
    edited April 2010
    Astns wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

This intrigues me.

Huk!

Doooo it, the old dirty dozen (or however many it was) back together again!

Senshi wrote:

maybe

Raids without addons

Tops dps meters

Complains about underperforming

/facepalm

smug.gif

Senshi on
  • gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    you dicks!

I dont think I will play again before the expansion. But if I am tempted I might bring Veila to the darkside.

gazamc on
    edited May 2010
    gazamc wrote: »
    you dicks!

I dont think I will play again before the expansion. But if I am tempted I might bring Veila to the darkside.

Do it.

Do it now!

Astns on
    edited May 2010
    Oh my god, doo eet!

Prof. Awesome on
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    God I wish my pc wasn't broken.

Norgoth on
    edited May 2010
    What is up with the people from the Spur and their computers? D:

Prof. Awesome on
    edited May 2010
    Karmic vengeance for me, I think. No idea about you others, though.

Senshi on
    edited May 2010
    No raid tonight because of severe healer shortage. :(

Prof. Awesome on
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Huge shoulders.
    WoWScrnShot_050410_032408.jpg
    Are huge.
    WoWScrnShot_050410_032448.jpg

Varethius on
    edited May 2010
    Those're pretty big

(that's what she said)

Senshi on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Making my way towards Northrend at 66 currently, tanking is proving quite fun (though so far, fairly easy too, have to see how exciting it gets when things get rough). One thing I notice is that DK tanks great when things are going the way as planned, but when things go unexpected then sometimes it's a challenge, because so many of your skills are on cooldown most of the time.

Of all my tradeskills... cooking is currently the lowest. Turns out Zangermarsh doesn't really drop much cookable stuff at all.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thin out your rotation when things are going well, you may not need to be using everything when it's up so you can hold over some runes for trouble.

I'm not sure if you have Empower Rune Weapon yet either as that is a life saver.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • AzareanAzarean Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alright, hit Yes for the raid tomorrow, but it's more a tentative. Ain't no room for that on the iPod. so I'll see about hemming and enchanting in the morning and, outside life permitting, I'll be glad to shoot crap.

Azarean on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sooo I might have to venture your way when I return for Cata. Seems like my old guild (from Vanilla onwards) imploded when the new officers cherry picked some raiders and faction swapped to alliance side in what they are calling a 'merge'. They let the rest of the guild know after they swapped D:

Either way, doesn't sound like I will be going back there when I want to get my WoW fix again.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'll roll something with you guys. We'll be legendary!

RichardTauber on
  • Lord LycanLord Lycan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have to say I was tempted to return, but more for the people than the game, good times were had. I'll probably give it another look when Cata comes out.

Vicar~

Lord Lycan on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Heeeeey fellas

is this guild active at all? I just ordered WoTLK so I'll be in need of a guild soon. I was a part of the original Obsidian Spur before it got all wonky, so I'm looking forward to playing with more PA people

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Come Cata, I will need a home for a couple of Horde alts

So please survive until then guild

Gumpy on