As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Chat] Dragon's Revenge

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch, I assume you will want a ritual book as ritual scrolls are one use and not very cool.

Ritual books can be bought, found or created. In order to master the rituals in the book you need to spend eight hours on each ritual however if you received the ritual as a class feature you've already mastered it. In order to perform a ritual it requires time and the components specified by the ritual. In order to use a ritual you must be the same level as that ritual.

So basically you buy the ritual book, which cost 50gp and there are 128 pages in the ritual book. Rituals take up one page for each level they are, so a one level ritual takes up one page. Ritual cost varies but you will have to buy each ritual to put it into your book. Component costs are specified for each ritual in the handbook and I'm pretty sure you just buy "components for this ritual" rather than each individual components. Once you have the ritual book, the ritual you want, you have mastered the ritual and you have purchased the components you can perform the ritual which takes time.

Sarksus on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    Oh man

NWN PW players up ins? Reformed, like myself? Or still stuck in your habits?
    I had like, no time anymore. And I played for like 5 years. It eventually gets boring after a while, even though it's a nice amount of RP.

I'm satisfying my urge for D&D with a campaign I'm DMing in CF instead. Much more relaxed pace.
    I only played for a few months. It got old real fast.

Thanatos on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch, I assume you will want a ritual book as ritual scrolls are one use and not very cool.

Ritual books can be bought, found or created. In order to master the rituals in the book you need to spend eight hours on each ritual however if you received the ritual as a class feature you've already mastered it. In order to perform a ritual it requires time and the components specified by the ritual. In order to use a ritual you must be the same level as that ritual.

So basically you buy the ritual book, which cost 50gp and there are 128 pages in the ritual book. Rituals take up one page for each level they are, so a one level ritual takes up one page. Ritual cost varies but you will have to buy each ritual to put it into your book. Component costs are specified for each ritual in the handbook and I'm pretty sure you just buy "components for this ritual" rather than each individual components. Once you have the ritual book, the ritual you want, you have mastered the ritual and you have purchased the components you can perform the ritual which takes time.

can a spell book count as a ritual book?

If not I need to amend my character sheet

Arch on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Goddamn I'm so tired. Spike of caffeine in arm pls.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited April 2010

I thought rituals just consumed the generic magic gunk...?

Thanatos on
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »

If you start with the ritual casting feat automatically, I'm pretty sure you start with a ritual book for free.

Thanatos on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Job hunting suuuuuucks. I hope that I can find something soon. The next job cut is may 21st.

Ludious on
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »

If you start with the ritual casting feat automatically, I'm pretty sure you start with a ritual book for free.

Check my dude out then

Arch on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What's the link for Mori's D&D DnD game?

n/m. Thanks Arch.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010

Initially I would have believed they were separate things but the description for the spellbook includes rituals as something you can keep in the spellbook. I would confirm this with Moriarty.

Sarksus on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I still don't understand the concept of D&D. What stops people from casually cheating on their stats, spells learned, etc? Are you allowed to take a character from one set of games with a given DM to another game?

Are all the upgrades and options laid out ahead of time and set?

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited April 2010

Initially I would have believed they were separate things but the description for the spellbook includes rituals as something you can keep in the spellbook. I would confirm this with Moriarty.

Yeah...where has he been?

Arch on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I will play D&D with you guys if I can be a barbarian that hurls +1 halflings that he keeps in a bag of holding.

Ludious on
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Food allergies are awful. I couldn't imagine having to be careful about what I eat.

deathly allergic to legumes here. (not so much peanuts really, if you cared)

but soy. and soy derivatives. and oil.

i fucking dare you to look at the back of the box of anything at your local grocer. shits got soy.

whooooo!

(upside: fuck vegetarians and vegans!)

Cooking around that kind of food allergy is a pain.

You've got my sympathy.

On the other hand it does sort of force you to stay away from processed junk and actually cook healthy stuff.

Galahad on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is my 4th cup of tea and I FEEL NOTHING.

What the fuck, english.

firewaterword on
    edited April 2010

As best as I can tell it consumes components which are purchased. Components are purchased 1gp a piece so in order to perform a ritual that has a component cost of 10gp I assume you would need to buy 10 units of the components.

Sarksus on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

What the fuck, english.

keep drinking cups! i find tea to be slow, subtle and long lasting. it creeps like mushrooms

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited April 2010

Yeah...where has he been?

He has been around recently, this morning I think.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010

As best as I can tell it consumes components which are purchased. Components are purchased 1gp a piece so in order to perform a ritual that has a component cost of 10gp I assume you would need to buy 10 units of the components.

Okay well I may have to tinker with my character some more

or just wait for promo to start the campaign up and see how it goes

Arch on
    edited April 2010

What the fuck, english.

keep drinking cups! i find tea to be slow, subtle and long lasting. it creeps like mushrooms

Oh man. Mushroom tea. No go. Even though it gives you superpowers.

firewaterword on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    Food allergies are awful. I couldn't imagine having to be careful about what I eat.

i fucking dare you to look at the back of the box of anything at your local grocer. shits got soy.

whooooo!

You've got my sympathy.

On the other hand it does sort of force you to stay away from processed junk and actually cook healthy stuff.

Being allergic to all fruits including tomato has brought interest into my life.

I haven't eaten spag bol for over 15 years :(

BobCesca on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I haven't had a "terrible people" list on PA for years, ever since I more or less abandoned G&T to the social wasteland it is. The Arizona thread has forced me to start a new one.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited April 2010
    Actually, Arch, you have the Alchemist feat. Alchemists don't cast rituals, they make alchemical items.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    I haven't had a "terrible people" list on PA for years, ever since I more or less abandoned G&T to the social wasteland it is. The Arizona thread has forced me to start a new one.
    Be like me and stick to the more hedonistic threads and you'll be fine for the most part.

firewaterword on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I stick to the Discourse part of Debate & Discourse.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

whooooo!

You've got my sympathy.

Being allergic to all fruits including tomato has brought interest into my life.

I would have ended my life years ago if that was the case for me.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010
    Actually, Arch, you have the Alchemist feat. Alchemists don't cast rituals, they make alchemical items.

yes but how do i do that?

Like if i want to make a potion what materials do I need and what kind of action is it and when can I do it and OH GOD I AM GOING TO EMBARRASS MYSELF CAUSE I SUCK AT THIS GAME

Arch on
    edited April 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

whooooo!

You've got my sympathy.

oh....oh god.

I....I have no words for how horrible I feel about this right now

I am so sorry

I...

oh man

Arch on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

What's going on in the Arizona thread?

I refuse to participate.

Sheep on
    edited April 2010

Like if i want to make a potion what materials do I need and what kind of action is it and when can I do it and OH GOD I AM GOING TO EMBARRASS MYSELF CAUSE I SUCK AT THIS GAME

You need to buy The Alchemical Handbook 4e volumes 1 through 7 for $29.99 each to find that out.

If you wire me the money, I will buy them for you.

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

I refuse to participate.

I am fairly certain some people are defending the new laws

Arch on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I still don't understand the concept of D&D. What stops people from casually cheating on their stats, spells learned, etc? Are you allowed to take a character from one set of games with a given DM to another game?

Are all the upgrades and options laid out ahead of time and set?

It's not that type of game. I'm not sure how to concisely explain the entire class of roleplaying games to someone who doesn't understand them, but suffice to say it's noncompetitive. And in direct answer to your questions, 1) it would be easily spotted and there's not much reason to do it; 2) no reason why not; and 3) no.

Edit: I can give a non-concise, rambling explanation if you want.

Aroused Bull on
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

I refuse to participate.

edit: Silly goosery. Lots of it.

Drez on
    edited April 2010

Okay but you said rituals! They're different! I'll look up how alchemical items are made.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010

You need to buy The Alchemical Handbook 4e volumes 1 through 7 for $29.99 each to find that out.

If you wire me the money, I will buy them for you.

Are you to be sending western mony gramm and I will to return the portion that is over the amount to you.

firewaterword on
    edited April 2010

Okay but you said rituals! They're different! I'll look up how alchemical items are made.

Ok so for things like pyrotechnics (ritual) I need ritual items then?

Arch on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Hehe, I just read the Article for Deletion page for CAD and it was awesome.
    Link?

Right here. FuegoFish makes an appearence, which is significant if you know who that is.

JustinSane07 on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

What the fuck, english.

Tea is for relaxing. You want coffee. English people do drink coffee.

Aroused Bull on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you serve as a message board moderator, it is polite to occasionally and randomly delete threads just to remind people you're there.

BobCesca on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I stick to the Discourse part of Debate & Discourse.

That's debatable.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.