As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Chat] Dragon's Revenge

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I looked into that thread Preacher, and now I kinda wanna mess with the guy.

Thomamelas on
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The best way to judge someone is to locate their dog and throw a punch that falls about an inch short.

If the dog cowers or runs away, you know this is a bad person. If the dog stands there and smells your hand, you know this is a good person.

If you cannot find their dog or instead find cats, what the fuck are you doing there, get out get out now before you are killed and eaten. This person is clearly a sociopathic cannibal.

What if what you have is a good person with a pound puppy, huh?

Galahad on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    ED are the guys who think a sentence isn't funny until they've used faggot and 'for the lulz' twenty times right?

It's 4chan's wiki for the rest of the internet, effectively.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That guy is not the stupidest guy in the thread.

Sarksus on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The best way to judge someone is to locate their dog and throw a punch that falls about an inch short.

If the dog cowers or runs away, you know this is a bad person. If the dog stands there and smells your hand, you know this is a good person.

If you cannot find their dog or instead find cats, what the fuck are you doing there, get out get out now before you are killed and eaten. This person is clearly a sociopathic cannibal.

What if the person throws you through a window for looking like you're about to hit a dog? To me that's the best possible grade.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    HAHAHAHAHAH

The "Differences from Penny Arcade" section is priceless. I just noticed that.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

If the dog cowers or runs away, you know this is a bad person. If the dog stands there and smells you hand, you know this is a good person.

What if this person rescued an animal that was being abused. The dog would be afraid but it wasn't that person's doing.

Ok, so maybe you should find this information out first, especially since it will save time. If the person has rescue dogs, you don't need to check anything.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh man I had a crazy night last night. Really busy night at work, so I head over to our after-shift bar down the street. Most of the staff had already left, so I'm chatting with the bartender and I strike up a conversation with this other guy. He starts ribbing me, in a friendly way, about how young I look, stuff like that. Really funny stuff, and his presentation was like a seasoned comedian. Well, because he was a seasoned comedian! So we keep shooting the shit, and I buy him the round on last call. He says "oh man, I can't let an underage kid buy the last beer," so we go to this after-hours comedy club, where it was just comedians, and there was like an impromptu stand-up show and improv session. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Good times.

How are you, [chat]?

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited April 2010
    What if I kill and eat you if you try and hurt my dog

Am I a good person now?

Sarksus on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Actually, Arch, you have the Alchemist feat. Alchemists don't cast rituals, they make alchemical items.

yes but how do i do that?

Like if i want to make a potion what materials do I need and what kind of action is it and when can I do it and OH GOD I AM GOING TO EMBARRASS MYSELF CAUSE I SUCK AT THIS GAME

Okay but you said rituals! They're different! I'll look up how alchemical items are made.

Ok so for things like pyrotechnics (ritual) I need ritual items then?

Pyrotechnics is a ritual yes, so you want the Ritual Casting feat and not the Alchemist feat. You get the Ritual Casting feat automatically as a Wizard so if you get rid of Alchemist then you will receive Ritual Casting as Alchemist replaces Ritual Casting.

ugh okay I think I fucked it up....I can't have Ritual casting AND alchemy, yet I added them both

gotta work on that when i get home

I don't think you added them both, though maybe you thought you did. The character builder won't allow you to have both at once. Initially you will have Ritual Casting because you get that feat by default but you have the option of replacing it with Alchemist. Doing so removes Ritual Casting.

But I have both ritual spells (pyrotechnics) AND alchemical formulas, if you look at my character sheet

Arch on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

What if the person throws you through a window for looking like you're about to hit a dog? To me that's the best possible grade.

You lift your broken, glass-shard-studded arm and give them a thumbs up so they know that it was a test and they should call an ambulance.

Because otherwise they might just leave you there.

Donkey Kong on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That guy is not the stupidest guy in the thread.

No, but I'm guessing that guy can and will spew the DoJ domestic abuse stats. The ones based on arrests.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Oh man I had a crazy night last night. Really busy night at work, so I head over to our after-shift bar down the street. Most of the staff had already left, so I'm chatting with the bartender and I strike up a conversation with this other guy. He starts ribbing me, in a friendly way, about how young I look, stuff like that. Really funny stuff, and his presentation was like a seasoned comedian. Well, because he was a seasoned comedian! So we keep shooting the shit, and I buy him the round on last call. He says "oh man, I can't let an underage kid buy the last beer," so we go to this after-hours comedy club, where it was just comedians, and there was like an impromptu stand-up show and improv session. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Good times.

How are you, [chat]?

Damnit, Poldy, don't you see you're contributing to this thread's high suicide rate with your fantastical stories? No one is ever going to experience something like this, ever, they will only experience anguish and eternal stagnation, at best.

My day is wonderful.

Sarksus on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I haven't had a "terrible people" list on PA for years, ever since I more or less abandoned G&T to the social wasteland it is. The Arizona thread has forced me to start a new one.

What's going on in the Arizona thread?

I refuse to participate.

I am fairly certain some people are defending the new laws

And claiming that anyone who opposes them is a silly goose long-haired east coat neckbeard who only hates racism because they think being anti-racist will get them into the panties of big-titted college girls and who uses emotional appeals and ad hom attacks instead of logic.

Yeah, that thread just doubled my ignore list.

I read it briefly yesterday or so and the main argument one of the Pro Law folks was using was describing how the law and immigration already work. Seems to me the new law basically requires cops to profile, which is illegal.

Sheep on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My day is wonderful.

Great!

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited April 2010
    Actually, Arch, you have the Alchemist feat. Alchemists don't cast rituals, they make alchemical items.

Like if i want to make a potion what materials do I need and what kind of action is it and when can I do it and OH GOD I AM GOING TO EMBARRASS MYSELF CAUSE I SUCK AT THIS GAME

Okay but you said rituals! They're different! I'll look up how alchemical items are made.

Pyrotechnics is a ritual yes, so you want the Ritual Casting feat and not the Alchemist feat. You get the Ritual Casting feat automatically as a Wizard so if you get rid of Alchemist then you will receive Ritual Casting as Alchemist replaces Ritual Casting.

ugh okay I think I fucked it up....I can't have Ritual casting AND alchemy, yet I added them both

I don't think you added them both, though maybe you thought you did. The character builder won't allow you to have both at once. Initially you will have Ritual Casting because you get that feat by default but you have the option of replacing it with Alchemist. Doing so removes Ritual Casting.

But I have both ritual spells (pyrotechnics) AND alchemical formulas, if you look at my character sheet

I ain't gonna look at your character sheet, get that shit out of my face.

Yeah you have to pick one or the other. It looks like you want to perform rituals so get rid of Alchemist and it should give you back Ritual Casting and then remove the alchemical items.

Sarksus on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    What if I kill and eat you if you try and hurt my dog

Am I a good person now?

You have to talk about how much smarter your dog is than most people first.

Nerdgasmic on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What class should I pick in BG Tutu (the entire BG saga)?

Kensai/Thief?

Cavalier?

Undead Whateveritscalled?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I haven't had a "terrible people" list on PA for years, ever since I more or less abandoned G&T to the social wasteland it is. The Arizona thread has forced me to start a new one.

What's going on in the Arizona thread?

I refuse to participate.

I am fairly certain some people are defending the new laws

And claiming that anyone who opposes them is a silly goose long-haired east coat neckbeard who only hates racism because they think being anti-racist will get them into the panties of big-titted college girls and who uses emotional appeals and ad hom attacks instead of logic.

Yeah, that thread just doubled my ignore list.

I read it briefly yesterday or so and the main argument one of the Pro Law folks was using was describing how the law and immigration already work. Seems to me the new law basically requires cops to profile, which is illegal.

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, every single one of his posts made me want to break something. He was being a living personification of the words petulant and pedantic.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited April 2010
    So cognisseur is pretty dumb, huh?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The new law also strongly encourages, if not outright requires, cops to check on peoples immigration status when they are victems and witnesses to crimes. Yeah, that's really going to make the job of prosecutors easier....

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I ain't gonna look at your character sheet, get that shit out of my face.

Yeah you have to pick one or the other. It looks like you want to perform rituals so get rid of Alchemist and it should give you back Ritual Casting and then remove the alchemical items.

Honestly I prefer Alchemy so I will just dip out of ritual casting

Arch on
    edited April 2010
    Anyone here have Sakura Wars for the PS2/Wii?

Is it really good?

I've never played one in English.

Sheep on
    edited April 2010
    My dog is afraid of everything. Books. Clothes. Towels. Pieces of paper. The remote control to my TV.

But not people or other animals, which are far more dangerous than any of the aforementioned items. He would last 5 minutes in the wild. Possibly less.

Donkey Kong on
    edited April 2010
    You guys, berating people from your ivory tower, indulging in your expensive appetites.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    Anyone have the link handy to ProfM's D&D&D&D board?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited April 2010
    The new law also strongly encourages, if not outright requires, cops to check on peoples immigration status when they are victems and witnesses to crimes. Yeah, that's really going to make the job of prosecutors easier....

Someone had mentioned to me how it prioritizes immigration over other crimes. I guess that's proof in itself.

Sheep on
    edited April 2010
    Anyone have the link handy to ProfM's D&D&D&D board?

http://crashmoriarty.com/phpBB3/index.php

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    I'm almost ready to start writing my character's backstory. I just need to learn more about the Far Realm!

Sarksus on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Good thing I'm not playing. The work filter already caught Mori's website.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited April 2010
    I'm almost ready to start writing my character's backstory. I just need to learn more about the Far Realm!

So have you completely given up on ever feeling the touch of a woman or are you working on a sex dungeon so you can have it all?

Donkey Kong on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I feel as if my life is standing on the edge of a deep dark well and I am being forced to take a step whether I like it or not. My only hope is that some unseen person or force can redirect or catch my fall at the last moment. I hate that I am defined by my job. I do not live to work, I merely work to live. But without a job, I will be aimless and hopeless.

I have never been unsuccessful. The first job I applied for, I got. I worked at gamestop for nearly two years. The second job I applied for? I got! I worked at a local ISP for another 2 years, finishing my Associate Degree.

..The 3rd job I applied for? I got. I've worked for the government since winter of 05. Now, I have thrown countless resumes to the digital winds and have not even a nibble.

I am not sure I know how to deal with this, because even though I'm 27 years old..I've never -had- to.

Ludious on
    edited April 2010
    Sarks, how big is your fantasy dick?
    Does rpg sarks like anal?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

So have you completely given up on ever feeling the touch of a woman or are you working on a sex dungeon so you can have it all?

Sarks is touched by nice ladies every second of the day, sir.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2010

So have you completely given up on ever feeling the touch of a woman or are you working on a sex dungeon do you can have it all?

Is this not hot?

Hello baby, yeah, I see what you got there, the second player's handbook for Dungeons and Dragons fourth edition, mmmm, let's open it up, turn to page 185 and I'll show you my Improved Bull Rush.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I feel as if my life is standing on the edge of a deep dark well and I am being forced to take a step whether I like it or not. My only hope is that some unseen person or force can redirect or catch my fall at the last moment. I hate that I am defined by my job. I do not live to work, I merely work to live. But without a job, I will be aimless and hopeless.

I have never been unsuccessful. The first job I applied for, I got. I worked at gamestop for nearly two years. The second job I applied for? I got! I worked at a local ISP for another 2 years, finishing my Associate Degree.

..The 3rd job I applied for? I got. I've worked for the government since winter of 05. Now, I have thrown countless resumes to the digital winds and have not even a nibble.

I am not sure I know how to deal with this, because even though I'm 27 years old..I've never -had- to.

I seem to recall you do programming right? Or am I misremembering?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Sarks, how big is your fantasy dick?
    Does rpg sarks like anal?

No, he doesn't like anal, I am trying to play a character, not myself.

Sarksus on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

If the dog cowers or runs away, you know this is a bad person. If the dog stands there and smells you hand, you know this is a good person.

What if this person rescued an animal that was being abused. The dog would be afraid but it wasn't that person's doing.

Ok, so maybe you should find this information out first, especially since it will save time. If the person has rescue dogs, you don't need to check anything.

My dog's are small and very neurotic. The one cowers when you do ANYTHING sudden. Does that make me a bad person (never abused the dog ever). THERE ARE FLAWS IN YOUR SYSTEM DK.

stevemarks44 on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dear silly little community college that I attended for a few weeks in my confusion,

I canceled my classes. Give me my transcript. There is seriously. Nothing. On it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    hehe, for all the amusing ribbing just about everyone I game with IRL is married or at least in a long term relationship.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.