As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I need some rechargeable batteries...

SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!!Registered User regular
I'm looking for some suggestions on good rechargeable batteries. I mostly use AAA and AA batteries (remotes and whatnot), and the charger/battery combo I have is terrible. None of my batteries hold a charge anymore. What's a good battery/charger combo? Money isn't an issue as I presume I will have to buy these once.

Thanks in advance.

SeñorAmor on

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I use a Maha MH-C9000 (four cell) with Eneloop batteries. I also have a second charger, a Maha MH-C801D.

I really like the charger/analyzer. Unless you want to charge them all at the default rate (1,000 mAh) it can be a pain since you have to set the rate for each cell, but it's really handy since you can pick out which batteries you own that have gone bad or at the end of their usable lifespan.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Eneloops are pretty expensive. I've had good results with Rayovac Hybrid batteries and those are pretty cheap.

Daedalus on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I use Eneloops, because they came highly recommended due to their slow self-discharge rate. I use them in my 360 and Wii controllers, and our remotes. I use the Maha MH-C801D charger, as well.

Looks like me and Barrakketh are battery buddies. =p

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've been using the same four energizer rechargeable AAs for about 5+ years now.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've heard nothing but good about Eneloops.

Mugsley on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    8 AA eneloops for $20 doesn't seem expensive to me. Or am I missing something here?

Satsumomo on
  • HoundxHoundx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    +1 for eneloops, they're awesome

Houndx on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    8 AA eneloops for $20 doesn't seem expensive to me. Or am I missing something here?
    The Rayovacs used to be cheaper (at first I was fooled, but it was a couple dollars more for 8 Hybrids than 4 Eneloops).

Current Amazon prices for 8 AA's are $18.99 for the Hybrids and $19.96 for the Eneloops. Considering that the Eneloops have been very reliable batteries for me I see no reason to buy or try the Hybrids given that there is less than a $1 difference between the two.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Use Eneloops for video game controllers and other decent drain devices.

Remotes though? Whatever you have around. Remotes hold charges for months and months and have very little draw.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    The Rayovacs used to be cheaper (at first I was fooled, but it was a couple dollars more for 8 Hybrids than 4 Eneloops).

Current Amazon prices for 8 AA's are $18.99 for the Hybrids and $19.96 for the Eneloops. Considering that the Eneloops have been very reliable batteries for me I see no reason to buy or try the Hybrids given that there is less than a $1 difference between the two.

I was thinking of prices at my local brick and mortar type establishments; the idea of buying batteries online hadn't occurred to me (but it's good to know).

Daedalus on