As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Chat] Dragon's Revenge

1293032343540

Posts

  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Did you bother actually reading the OP? Or did you just decide to generalize a shitload based on some of the things that other people were saying?

    I guess you're right, in order to show that he wasn't "pre-occupied with money" his OP should have consisted of "my parents are worried that my fiancee may be taking advantage of me; are they right?" with absolutely no other information. Because that would be certain to get him some useful advice.

    Did YOU read the OP?

    Cause if you had, you would have noticed the huge issue that his and his fiancee's financial stake is playing into his marriage.

    Your fiance/ee's financial ability should not be a major qualifier for getting married.

    And since I refuse to reply to you in a forum where you could abuse your mod privileges, I'll do it here.
    Thanatos wrote: »
    He's asking financial questions, so his giving us financial details of his relationship. That doesn't make him "overly preoccupied" with it.

    And the level of thought he's put into his and her finances, and concern he has with his parents concern over his finances, and whether or not his pocket book is "being taken advantage of", I disagree whole heartedly. Big surprise.

    You're being kind of a dick, and I really don't appreciate you giving people shit for coming here and asking for advice.

    You're being dishonest. Again. No surprise.

    He asked for opinions on his relationship. The very second sentence of the OP. I gave my opinion. I didn't "give him shit for asking for advice".

    Sheep on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    God, I really want to go home and play some goddamn Mass Effect 2.

    The DLC is so good.

    Shit, I have to get this before my internet goes byebye!

    I haven't done the Kasumi stuff yet but I found the hammerhead stuff was just ok and not worth it.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Speaking of financial fuck-ups, Birmingham city council is being forced to pay out compensation to all the (mostly female) staff it's been deliberately underpaying for the past ten years.

    Wait, they just under paid the women? Did they give a reason why?

    I think it was Glasgow City Council where they had to do something about this recently. They ended up with this odd thing where the women got a slight raise and the men had their wage lowered so that they were now on the same wage for doing the same jobs.

    I would be rather pissed if I was a guy working for them. I get the inequality, but to have to take a paycut because a bureaucrat was a twat....

    Thomamelas on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Speaking of financial fuck-ups, Birmingham city council is being forced to pay out compensation to all the (mostly female) staff it's been deliberately underpaying for the past ten years.

    A district judge in San Francisco just gave the go ahead for a class action suit against wal-mart for gender discrimination.

    The class represents OVER A MILLION WOMEN.

    Crazy sauce.

    Honk - I'd be more worried about the Built To Fail CDO attack!

    Bah Walmarts attorneys will lock it in paperwork forever. No money will come from that.

    It's been in the works for 6 years from what I heard last night. But you're probably right. God knows how much they spent on attorneys keeping it at bay so far.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    God, I really want to go home and play some goddamn Mass Effect 2.

    The DLC is so good.

    Shit, I have to get this before my internet goes byebye!

    I haven't done the Kasumi stuff yet but I found the hammerhead stuff was just ok and not worth it.

    The hammerhead stuff is free, but the Kasumi stuff is totally worth the price.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    God, I really want to go home and play some goddamn Mass Effect 2.

    The DLC is so good.

    Shit, I have to get this before my internet goes byebye!

    I haven't done the Kasumi stuff yet but I found the hammerhead stuff was just ok and not worth it.

    It was free? Not worth it is a bit much, don't you think?

    Haphazard on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2010
    I have an advice column now.

    Tube on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Speaking of financial fuck-ups, Birmingham city council is being forced to pay out compensation to all the (mostly female) staff it's been deliberately underpaying for the past ten years.

    Wait, they just under paid the women? Did they give a reason why?

    I think it was Glasgow City Council where they had to do something about this recently. They ended up with this odd thing where the women got a slight raise and the men had their wage lowered so that they were now on the same wage for doing the same jobs.

    I would be rather pissed if I was a guy working for them. I get the inequality, but to have to take a paycut because a bureaucrat was a twat....


    If they wanted to do it correctly they would of just given all the women a raise to where the men were being payed instead of punishing the men and only giving the women a slight raise. That kind of is stupid all around.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Speaking of financial fuck-ups, Birmingham city council is being forced to pay out compensation to all the (mostly female) staff it's been deliberately underpaying for the past ten years.

    Wait, they just under paid the women? Did they give a reason why?

    I think it was Glasgow City Council where they had to do something about this recently. They ended up with this odd thing where the women got a slight raise and the men had their wage lowered so that they were now on the same wage for doing the same jobs.

    I would be rather pissed if I was a guy working for them. I get the inequality, but to have to take a paycut because a bureaucrat was a twat....

    I'm not sure how it worked (or if it even happened in the end).

    Generally all the councils in the UK are fucked at the moment as the government has told them to stop arsing around and paying women less for doing the same job as they do with men. Glasgow's thing was that either the guys took a pay-cut or there would be job losses to fund the changes.

    BobCesca on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Speaking of financial fuck-ups, Birmingham city council is being forced to pay out compensation to all the (mostly female) staff it's been deliberately underpaying for the past ten years.

    Wait, they just under paid the women? Did they give a reason why?

    Under their old pay structure, everyone was on the same paygrades, but people in roles dominated by women (care workers, cleaners, etc) weren't entitled to bonuses, whereas people in male-dominated roles were.

    It's basically because they hadn't revised their pay structure since the '70s.

    japan on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

    It's been in the works for 6 years from what I heard last night. But you're probably right. God knows how much they spent on attorneys keeping it at bay so far.

    Well the thing to be aware of, certain court districts are more open to "liberal" interpretations of the law. I don't know if thats the same for district court, but I swear there's an apellate court out west that frequently gets overturned for overstepping their bounds.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I keep feeling more and more like I should just be a terrible person and I don't know how to refute it.

    DasUberEdward on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have an advice column now.

    I enjoyed it immensely.

    RMS Oceanic on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have an advice column now.

    What kind of advice?

    japan on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I'm going to use the SBurb theme for my main ringtone and Strider's strife theme for Inqi.

    Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I have an advice column now.

    I enjoyed it immensely.

    Wheeeeere?

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have an advice column now.

    So is it like Dr. Dennis Leary's?

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    I have an advice column now.

    I enjoyed it immensely.

    Wheeeeere?

    SE++.

    RMS Oceanic on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    japan wrote: »
    I have an advice column now.

    What kind of advice?

    I assume you ask advice

    then tube calls you a twatburger and bans you from the internet

    nexuscrawler on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have an advice column now.

    Where?

    And what about? Just general advice?

    Passerbye on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha neat.

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have an advice column now.

    I remember the last advice thread you did. I said I felt old when I shouldn't. You said I was probably just somewhat uninteresting.

    It was pretty helpful I guess.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hate laundry day. But it means it is a clean sheets night which is always an awesome night.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I hate laundry day. But it means it is a clean sheets night which is always an awesome night.

    The one night your sheets aren't hardened from what you do before you go to sleep?

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't believe people still go to the post office.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Grooming appointment for the dog made.

    Now to start on the living room.

    Quid on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Did you bother actually reading the OP? Or did you just decide to generalize a shitload based on some of the things that other people were saying?

    I guess you're right, in order to show that he wasn't "pre-occupied with money" his OP should have consisted of "my parents are worried that my fiancee may be taking advantage of me; are they right?" with absolutely no other information. Because that would be certain to get him some useful advice.

    Did YOU read the OP?

    Cause if you had, you would have noticed the huge issue that his and his fiancee's financial stake is playing into his marriage.

    Your fiance/ee's financial ability should not be a major qualifier for getting married.

    And since I refuse to reply to you in a forum where you could abuse your mod privileges, I'll do it here.
    Thanatos wrote: »
    He's asking financial questions, so his giving us financial details of his relationship. That doesn't make him "overly preoccupied" with it.

    And the level of thought he's put into his and her finances, and concern he has with his parents concern over his finances, and whether or not his pocket book is "being taken advantage of", I disagree whole heartedly. Big surprise.

    You're being kind of a dick, and I really don't appreciate you giving people shit for coming here and asking for advice.

    You're being dishonest. Again. No surprise.

    He asked for opinions on his relationship. The very second sentence of the OP. I gave my opinion. I didn't "give him shit for asking for advice".
    Clearly, blindly believing in everything you think might be true when you're in the middle of an emotionally-charged relationship is the only way to go into a marriage. I mean, you don't want to take a step back and ask for an objective perspective; that just shows that you're not ready for marriage. Because if you really loved your wife-to-be, you'd take everything she says at face value, leaving no room for the slightest doubt or rationality to creep in.

    Thanatos on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tube does indeed give awesome advice.

    BobCesca on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't believe people still go to the post office.

    I hate physical mail, god damn spam is annoying.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hah, Tube actually gives good advice.

    His worth as a person (rather than just an admin) has gone up. :^:

    Passerbye on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I hate laundry day. But it means it is a clean sheets night which is always an awesome night.

    The one night your sheets aren't hardened from what you do before you go to sleep?

    Only nights I think of you Preacher.

    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have an advice column now.
    This will be like Bob Newhart, psychiatrist, won't it?

    Thanatos on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Grooming appointment for the dog made.

    Now to start on the living room.

    You're going to groom the living room?

    Haphazard on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't believe people still go to the post office.

    It's the most reliable way I have of making sure that a letter actually goes out today.

    Feral on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I hate laundry day. But it means it is a clean sheets night which is always an awesome night.

    The one night your sheets aren't hardened from what you do before you go to sleep?

    Only nights I think of you Preacher.

    So every night?

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That Birmingham Council case will be interesting -assuming they appeal and lose again, how the hell are they going to afford to settle all the claims? The BBC news just said that it could be as high as 600 million pounds

    Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Hah, Tube actually gives good advice.

    His worth as a person (rather than just an admin) has gone up. :^:

    What? Admins are people? Who came up with that brilliant idea?

    Feral on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Tube already had the highest possible worth as a person as a person.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I can't believe people still go to the post office.

    It's the most reliable way I have of making sure that a letter actually goes out today.

    Yeah, probably. FedEx has spoiled me.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Clearly, blindly believing in everything you think might be true when you're in the middle of an emotionally-charged relationship is the only way to go into a marriage. I mean, you don't want to take a step back and ask for an objective perspective; that just shows that you're not ready for marriage. Because if you really loved your wife-to-be, you'd take everything she says at face value, leaving no room for the slightest doubt or rationality to creep in.

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and you think someone can get an objective perspective here? HERE?! I mean seriously.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.