As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Chat] Dragon's Revenge

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2010
    japan wrote: »
    I have an advice column now.

What kind of advice?

All kinds of advice. There's a thread in SE. You can submit a question to forumadmin@penny-arcade.com

Tube on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Clearly, blindly believing in everything you think might be true when you're in the middle of an emotionally-charged relationship is the only way to go into a marriage. I mean, you don't want to take a step back and ask for an objective perspective; that just shows that you're not ready for marriage. Because if you really loved your wife-to-be, you'd take everything she says at face value, leaving no room for the slightest doubt or rationality to creep in.

I think you no longer have a clue as to what you're trying to accuse me of.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tube is the only person I know who can do something that seems incredibly annoying, frustrating, and stupid when it occurs, but in retrospect always seems like good idea that I was taking way too seriously.

Edit: This is completely unrelated to the advice thing, just sayin'.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

What kind of advice?

All kinds of advice. There's a thread in SE. You can submit a question to forumadmin@penny-arcade.com

That is some quality advice.

japan on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I didn't really see Tube becoming an agony aunt.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

What kind of advice?

Too much quality advice, not enough insults.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Hah, Tube actually gives good advice.

His worth as a person (rather than just an admin) has gone up. :^:

What? Admins are people? Who came up with that brilliant idea?

I meant beyond the admin role. I've been a mod (not in PA, thank God) so I know that your personality can't always show completely when you're waving the iron fist.

What kind of advice?

Why?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The CTO has passed a time wasting fool over to me. A man who wants us to integrate with his silly goose of a product. And by integrate, I mean completely develop it for a small fee and then surrender all rights to it. In his e-mail the CTO states that I may give my uncensored and unfiltered opinion of the man's product. This is the best bonus ever.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The puny mcpunyson question has reminded me that couple weeks and I'll be free enough to go back to the gym. Been missing it.

Leitner on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That is, why'd you start the advice thread in the first place? I'd figure you'd be busy enough with Admin stuff.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Passerbye you know what happened the last time you questioned Tube. (Hint: Check your infraction log.)

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

What kind of advice?

Yeah, if I wanted quality advice I'd go to H/Aaaaahahahahaha I can't finish that sentence

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tubes advice is pretty decent. If anything, the form it is presented in is interesting.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Passerbye you know what happened the last time you questioned Tube. (Hint: Check your infraction log.)

That was for a silly thing. These questions are innocuous. :P

Passerbye on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    The CTO has passed a time wasting fool over to me. A man who wants us to integrate with his silly goose of a product. And by integrate, I mean completely develop it for a small fee and then surrender all rights to it. In his e-mail the CTO states that I may give my uncensored and unfiltered opinion of the man's product. This is the best bonus ever.

Oh man I love dealing with time-wasting fools that my employers have given up on ever salvaging any kind of relationship with. It is the most fun.

japan on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

What kind of advice?

Yeah, if I wanted quality advice I'd go to H/Aaaaahahahahaha I can't finish that sentence

Good I did want to have to hurt you

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

What kind of advice?

If you want that nocturne go to h/a.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

SO WAS THE TIME YOU POINTED OUT THAT YOU THOUGHT HE SPELLED GUILDED WRONG!

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    God, this is the longest day ever.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It isn't over and will got longer and longer. For you have entered hell.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

SO WAS THE TIME YOU POINTED OUT THAT YOU THOUGHT HE SPELLED GUILDED WRONG!

That was the thing I was talking about, actually. The other infraction wasn't for a silly thing, and the banning was a Hanukkah present.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I thought the longest day ever is in October. 25 hours long.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    burble urble [chat]

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    H/A can be pretty helpful with problems that don't involve other people or one's own asinine behavior.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So apparently my state's senate is voting on this
    The bill would prohibit strip clubs, adult stores and other sexually oriented businesses from locating within 1,000 feet of schools, libraries, public parks, licensed day-care centers and houses of worship.

Sexually oriented businesses would have to close from midnight to 6 a.m. Nudity would be outlawed, and dancers could be seminude but would have to remain at least 6 feet away from patrons.

I'm not even a big fan of strip clubs but that kinda shit is just silly.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Monster hunter 3 is so fun, but jesus it can suck a night away fighting one creature for 50 minutes. So its like a night out with kakos.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Grooming appointment for the dog made.

Now to start on the living room.

You're going to groom the living room?

It will be the prettiest living room.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    burble urble [chat]

You get your new laptop?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Oh man I love dealing with time-wasting fools that my employers have given up on ever salvaging any kind of relationship with. It is the most fun.

I have explicit written permission now to be completely unprofessional. My only restraint is that I can not trigger a libel lawsuit. Oh god, this is better then Christmas.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I forgot how much Darjeeling makes me have to pee.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Now that Tube's posted that in the forum he will shortly be inundated with dozens of questions about personal hygiene problems and bizarre niche obsessions.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    H/A can be pretty helpful with problems that don't involve other people or one's own asinine behavior.

Remember your audience is what I try and remind people when asking for advice. Technical issue, probably going to get good advice. Relationship stuff? Meh hit or miss.

Doesn't help that a lot of relationship threads are simple "Hey tell me my horrible idea is a good one."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

The only good questions in H/A all begin like this:

"There's two kinds of speaker cable but I don't know which one does ..."

"My TV has several inputs but I'm not sure which one I should ..."

"Will this video card be able to do ..."

The bad questions in H/A begin like:

"Now that I'm out on bail, I need some advice about how to interpret mixed messages from my date last night."

desc on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2010
    I didn't really see Tube becoming an agony aunt.

Too much agony, not enough aunt.

Tube on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I forgot how much Darjeeling makes me have to pee.

Darpeeling?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The bill would prohibit strip clubs, adult stores and other sexually oriented businesses from locating within 1,000 feet of schools, libraries, public parks, licensed day-care centers and houses of worship.

Sexually oriented businesses would have to close from midnight to 6 a.m. Nudity would be outlawed, and dancers could be seminude but would have to remain at least 6 feet away from patrons.

You live in one of those land-locked mostly agriculture deals, right?

How many strip clubs could you possibly have? It's like Washington outlawing sunshine or Maine outlawing black people. No one will notice.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited April 2010

That kind of shit is always awful, because it applies to shit already near by. In some cases, they will put one of those buildings next to a strip club and then the club has to close and thats just bullshit.

People want to see titties, fuck there are worse problems. Very few states in the US right now don't have budget issues, but don't let the morality police stop their silly crusade.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Everywhere has strip clubs, DK.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited April 2010

You live in one of those land-locked mostly agriculture deals, right?

How many strip clubs could you possibly have? It's like Washington outlawing sunshine or Maine outlawing black people. No one will notice.

If I remember, driving through Kansas, it has been a few years. But there are tons of strip joints and such. I thinking for the heavy trucking population that goes through the flat plain that is Kansas.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.