As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Chat] Dragon's Revenge

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's cool if the dancers can only be half-naked as long as the law doesn't specify which half.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    desc wrote: »
    H/A can be pretty helpful with problems that don't involve other people or one's own asinine behavior.

The only good questions in H/A all begin like this:

"There's two kinds of speaker cable but I don't know which one does ..."

"My TV has several inputs but I'm not sure which one I should ..."

"Will this video card be able to do ..."

The bad questions in H/A begin like:

"Now that I'm out on bail, I need some advice about how to interpret mixed messages from my date last night."

Look Obs needs love to desc.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    what is the origin of the term Agony Aunt

Senjutsu on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's a fancy strip club in SF that's also serves great steaks.

Apparently they do a pancake breakfast too.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    H/A can be pretty helpful with problems that don't involve other people or one's own asinine behavior.

The only good questions in H/A all begin like this:

"There's two kinds of speaker cable but I don't know which one does ..."

"My TV has several inputs but I'm not sure which one I should ..."

"Will this video card be able to do ..."

The bad questions in H/A begin like:

"Now that I'm out on bail, I need some advice about how to interpret mixed messages from my date last night."

Objective
    Subjective

:P

Sheep on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    The CTO has passed a time wasting fool over to me. A man who wants us to integrate with his silly goose of a product. And by integrate, I mean completely develop it for a small fee and then surrender all rights to it. In his e-mail the CTO states that I may give my uncensored and unfiltered opinion of the man's product. This is the best bonus ever.

Oh man I love dealing with time-wasting fools that my employers have given up on ever salvaging any kind of relationship with. It is the most fun.

I have explicit written permission now to be completely unprofessional. My only restraint is that I can not trigger a libel lawsuit. Oh god, this is better then Christmas.

:D

You will have to share after you deal with this guy!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I don't think I could ever eat at a strip club.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Man, I have no direct experience with any of the forum boogeymen or past legends or whomever of P-A.

There's ... church? Right? And then oboro, who was ... nice but psycho? Or something? And then Obs is the troll but I guess he has made various alts recently so really he's still here?

I guess I am still a new jack.

desc on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I forgot how much Darjeeling makes me have to pee.

Darpeeling?

Oh Feral, you make my urethra all tingly.
    Like Gonorrhea, only without the pain and smelly discharge.

Passerbye on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Which one?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The CTO has passed a time wasting fool over to me. A man who wants us to integrate with his silly goose of a product. And by integrate, I mean completely develop it for a small fee and then surrender all rights to it. In his e-mail the CTO states that I may give my uncensored and unfiltered opinion of the man's product. This is the best bonus ever.

Oh man I love dealing with time-wasting fools that my employers have given up on ever salvaging any kind of relationship with. It is the most fun.

I have explicit written permission now to be completely unprofessional. My only restraint is that I can not trigger a libel lawsuit. Oh god, this is better then Christmas.

Heh.

I never get that, unfortunately. The best one recently was actually one of my colleague's. One of our clients has a lawyer threatening us on his behalf (instead of going through the complaints procedure and Financial Ombudsman Service, as is more normal). My colleague asked around, and picked the firm of solicitors with the scariest reputation from our panel, and sent a reply which was basically "we will enter into no further discussion on the matter, we nominate [firm] to accept service of proceedings on our behalf".

The letters have stopped, and we're still waiting for proceedings. It was brilliant.

japan on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    So apparently my state's senate is voting on this
    The bill would prohibit strip clubs, adult stores and other sexually oriented businesses from locating within 1,000 feet of schools, libraries, public parks, licensed day-care centers and houses of worship.

Sexually oriented businesses would have to close from midnight to 6 a.m. Nudity would be outlawed, and dancers could be seminude but would have to remain at least 6 feet away from patrons.

I'm not even a big fan of strip clubs but that kinda shit is just silly.

You live in one of those land-locked mostly agriculture deals, right?

How many strip clubs could you possibly have? It's like Washington outlawing sunshine or Maine outlawing black people. No one will notice.
    the law would undercut the economic vitality of half a dozen establishments in Shawnee County and about 20 others scattered across Kansas. No lap dances. No late-night drinking. No path to profit. At the same time, no job for more than 2,000 bouncers, bartenders and dancers. An estimated $2 million in tax revenue would be placed in jeopardy.

Really though it's just a silly, silly bill.

Nocturne on
    edited April 2010

Darpeeling?

What the hell?

• Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    what is the origin of the term Agony Aunt

"Aunt" because they are always aunts
    "Agony" because of all the bitching people do.

Aroused Bull on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I remember Obs. But that is the only one I remember since they have shown up off and on since I have been reading the PA forums.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2010

Man, I have no direct experience with any of the forum boogeymen or past legends or whomever of P-A.

There's ... church? Right? And then oboro, who was ... nice but psycho? Or something? And then Obs is the troll but I guess he has made various alts recently so really he's still here?

I guess I am still a new jack.

Meh not worth going over. I've never met an obnoxious forumer in person. Though I'm sure people who have met me can not claim the same.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The bill would prohibit strip clubs, adult stores and other sexually oriented businesses from locating within 1,000 feet of schools, libraries, public parks, licensed day-care centers and houses of worship.

Sexually oriented businesses would have to close from midnight to 6 a.m. Nudity would be outlawed, and dancers could be seminude but would have to remain at least 6 feet away from patrons.

How many strip clubs could you possibly have? It's like Washington outlawing sunshine or Maine outlawing black people. No one will notice.
    the law would undercut the economic vitality of half a dozen establishments in Shawnee County and about 20 others scattered across Kansas. No lap dances. No late-night drinking. No path to profit. At the same time, no job for more than 2,000 bouncers, bartenders and dancers. An estimated $2 million in tax revenue would be placed in jeopardy.

Really though it's just a silly, silly bill.
    it's a ridiculous bill

Senjutsu on
    edited April 2010

Darpeeling?

Oh, you'll get the smelly discharge. Just wait 3-7 days.

Feral on

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Emily has some serious issues. Psycho is a bit harsh though.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    I'm pretty sure Obs jerks it every time his name is mentioned here.

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    If I remember, driving through Kansas, it has been a few years. But there are tons of strip joints and such. I thinking for the heavy trucking population that goes through the flat plain that is Kansas.

Winston-Salem had a huge amount of strip clubs. There was a church every mile or so within the city, and a strip club every two miles. I think there's a direct correlation in the church-strip club ratio.

Passerbye on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    im listenin to the pizza tapes

i want some pizza!

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

:D

You will have to share after you deal with this guy!

Tomorrow will be the best day.
    Heh.

I never get that, unfortunately. The best one recently was actually one of my colleague's. One of our clients has a lawyer threatening us on his behalf (instead of going through the complaints procedure and Financial Ombudsman Service, as is more normal). My colleague asked around, and picked the firm of solicitors with the scariest reputation from our panel, and sent a reply which was basically "we will enter into no further discussion on the matter, we nominate [firm] to accept service of proceedings on our behalf".

The letters have stopped, and we're still waiting for proceedings. It was brilliant.

We lack scary lawyers. But this seems like an error that can be corrected.

Thomamelas on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I boughted Braid.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited April 2010

Darpeeling?

What the hell?

He made a peeing joke, so...

Bah, nevermind, I won't explain it. He got it, that's all that matters. :P
    Double entendre again, woot!

Passerbye on
    edited April 2010
    Like a neglected child yearning for attention from a parent, the forums were bad for oboro more than they were good.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »

If I remember, driving through Kansas, it has been a few years. But there are tons of strip joints and such. I thinking for the heavy trucking population that goes through the flat plain that is Kansas.

I was mostly joking, but you're right, trucking would support a much larger number of strip clubs than you'd otherwise find in a conservative state with a low population density.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited April 2010

Darpeeling?

What the hell?

And now you got it too. :winky:

Feral on

edited April 2010

Darpeeling?

What the hell?

Oh I get it just.... ugh.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Didn't Obs like impersonate a bunch of forumers on Battle.net or something?

That's pretty fucking creepy and indicative of major, major problems.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Emily has some serious issues. Psycho is a bit harsh though.

I only dealt with her in the MMO subforum and she was generally not bad there.

Thomamelas on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Seriously I try to avoid saying its name whenever possible.

Like Candleja

Nocturne on
    edited April 2010

Are you suggesting we should mention him none stop so he degloves his penis?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2010

Seriously I try to avoid saying it's name whenever possible.

Like Candleja

NO! DON'T SAY CANDLEJA

edited April 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Not people just justin, which is god damn funny.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2010
    Obsdemort

Feral on

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

Darpeeling?

What the hell?

Oh I get it just.... ugh.
    It was pretty gross.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

No one would play with him, so I'm guessing he picked names people would play with.

Still, super creepy.

Edit: It was ONLY Justin? That is precious. If only because it would take a while to figure out.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited April 2010

Yes. He also says he reads pretty much every page of every [chat] thread here in D&D.

edited April 2010

Are you suggesting we should mention him none stop so he degloves his penis?

If you post his name three times quickly, then he makes an alt.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.