As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Chat] Dragon's Revenge

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    I have no idea what sambal is.

Probably something China invented.

Nope, it originated in Malaysia via India. It's basically spicy relish, sort of.

Passerbye on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Hrm, apparently one of my high school classmates got a really horrible boob job.

Was it someone you liked?

She was a casual friend. We hung out a couple of times. Pretty nice girl.

So how did you find out about the boobjob? Maybe she just got hella fat?

Fat boobs are noticeably different from implants. And wouldn't he have noticed that she was really fat?!

Look thoms been hit a lot, I figure maybe he's developed a bit of stockholm syndrome with the ladies.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010

it's a malaysian pepper sauce

kind of chunkier and less sweet than sriracha

real good

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Can you julienne spinach?

I didn't think you could make julienne out of anything leafy.

i think so.

what would you call it if you cut a leaf into thin strips?

Probably just "chopped". I suppose I think of julienne as being something fleshy.

Chiffonade. I already posted this.

Pay attention, Scotsman! :P

Yes, but I wouldn't call it that (I might from now on, though).

japan on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    making korean rice bowl for dinner

pork belly, kimchi, soft fried egg, sambul olek, julienned spinach, pan-fried anchovies

what am i forgetting?

Cilantro and green onions.

ooh good call. i have a couple vidalia salad onions. it's like a multiclass onion/ shallot

i don't have cilantro. what i'd really like is watercress, but i don't know where to get some.

You don't have cress at your local grocery store? Hmn.

Is there an organic store or co-op type of place nearby? Whole Foods maybe?

well, they sometimes have it at my supermarket, but it's sold like it's a fresh herb, so really expensive for not much quanitity.

i could drive up to the asian mart in somerville, but it's kind of out of my way and that intersection is a nightmare after work.

and I could drive down to the whole foods by the river, but again the traffic is a nightmare.

really i should have just planned ahead and bought watercress from the korean mart last weekend

Ah well. The Vidalias should be tasty enough. If you have a window with good sun you could easy grow some cilantro and cress of your own, they're good window box plants.

Passerbye on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Hrm, apparently one of my high school classmates got a really horrible boob job.

Was it someone you liked?

She was a casual friend. We hung out a couple of times. Pretty nice girl.

So how did you find out about the boobjob? Maybe she just got hella fat?

She was in a picture that another friend was tagged in. And these weren't fat boobs, or pregnancy boobs. These were breasts that would cause a stripper to pull her aside and tell her that perhaps it was too much. And boobs that size do not normally ignore gravity.

Thomamelas on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

pics plz

JustinSane07 on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/04/27/flying_get/
    Xbox 360 Owners Can Make Their Own Bride (added 14:40)
    Idea Factory's latest love sim is for Xbox 360. In "My Wife: A Wife All Your Own," you experience newlywed life with a custom made wife.

You can customize your wife's looks, personality, voice, birthday and name. During the game, you'll be able to play mini games like quiz challenges and even a game where you attempt to drink a single can of juice with your wife (a difficult task I guess?).

Download content will offer special voice data for your wife. These will feature voices of famous voice actresses. Themes include "old friend type," "little sister type," "big sister type" and "Cinderella Princess type."

In case you're wondering why this game is coming to the Xbox 360, the love sim genre is one of the few genres the 360 dominates here. The other is the 2D arcade shooter.

My Wife is due for release in August.
    Hahaha. Oh, Japan.

Couscous on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

it's a malaysian pepper sauce

kind of chunkier and less sweet than sriracha

real good

Sriracha has all kinds of other goodness in it too. Garlic and the like. But sambal is straight up salt, a little lime and chili love.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, China invented Malaysia.

So...

Quid on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    Chiffonade. I already posted this.

Pay attention, Scotsman! :P

Yes, but I wouldn't call it that (I might from now on, though).

Yah, it's more of a technical term. 'Finely sliced' works well too.

Passerbye on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

pics plz

No. Just no.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010
    These are fantastic (but probably won't mean much to anyone not following the UK election campaigns)

japan on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    http://www.ohmyrockness.com/BandBio.cfm?BandID=20203 shitttt that band was at PAX huh?

And death by audio is one of those awesome quasi-legal basement venues

that concert would be sweet as hell but i can't go tonight

damnit!

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, China invented Malaysia.

So...

Pfff. As much as India, Indonesia, and Britain did.

China can't claim everything yet. :P

Passerbye on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It would be so awesome if the Lib Dems came out in second place this election.

It's been a long fucking time coming.

Thanatos on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

pics plz

No. Just no.

YOU ARE NO FUN!

JustinSane07 on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    GRUMBLE!

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »

Whatever it takes to get electoral reform passed.

I'm hoping for a Lib Dem majority but I'll settle for a coalition where Proportional Representation is the price of Lib Dem support.

japan on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

So hard. I would love for them to usurp labour, and give us proportional representation. Should be an interesting election.

Leitner on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elldren, that's amazing

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Whoever decided that you shouldn't be able to turn off rich text in Microsoft Office Communicator should shoot themselves in the face.

Doc on
    edited April 2010

I'm hoping for a Lib Dem majority but I'll settle for a coalition where Proportional Representation is the price of Lib Dem support.
    You really think they've got a shot at a majority?

I think that's pretty goddamn optimistic. Hell, I think a plurality is probably asking too much.

Thanatos on
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren, that's amazing

I kno rite? :D

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    I want more chai, but this has to last until next week.

Perhaps I will occupy myself making creme brulee instead.

Passerbye on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Doc wrote: »
    Whoever decided that you shouldn't be able to turn off Microsoft should shoot themselves in the face.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Only the French Chiffonade.

Sheep on
    edited April 2010

I think that's pretty goddamn optimistic. Hell, I think a plurality is probably asking too much.

I'm a long time Lib Dem voter. I always hope for a landslide majority. Realistically, I don't think it'll happen, but it's more likely this time around than it has ever been before.

The bookies are giving 10/1.

japan on
    edited April 2010
    Man Barack Obama should fly to Arizona and as he's getting off the plane should walk out with his Passport held high, followed by Biden doing the same.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2010

I'm a long time Lib Dem voter. I always hope for a landslide majority. Realistically, I don't think it'll happen, but it's more likely this time around than it has ever been before.

It's so awesome.

I don't think I could even remotely convince my family to not vote labor tho :(

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh man Planet Earth on blu ray arrived

'sgonna be awesome

Nocturne on
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Only the French Chiffonade.

Je suis français. De ma famille de mère. Je peux dire le chiffonade. :)

Passerbye on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Oh man Planet Earth on blu ray arrived

'sgonna be awesome

:D

Nerdgasmic on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Man Barack Obama should fly to Arizona and as he's getting off the plane should walk out with his Passport held high, followed by Biden doing the same.

Obama would be deported since the Republican assholes would deny his birth certificate.

Sheep on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So for the past 2 weeks my boss has been giving me so many "important projects" that need to be done immediately that I haven't been able to spend a single minute on my actual job.

I feel like they're trying to generate a reason to get rid of me and make it look like it's my fault.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited April 2010
    Plus it has long been an article of faith (though not one without justification) among Lib Dem voters that all they need is one good campaign for a whole lot of votes to swing their way.

This is mostly based on poll data from the last couple of elections where huge proportions of the electorate responded positively when asked "would you vote Lib Dem if you thought they had a realistic chance of winning".

japan on
    edited April 2010
    Oh man, I forgot to share this with you guys. One of the signs in the museum attached to the Old Salem Living History village in Winston-Salem, NC.
    00181ked

It made me laugh and laugh and laugh. I got a couple dirty looks from the curators.

Passerbye on
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Obama would be deported since the Republican assholes would deny his birth certificate.

Man that would be an interesting thing. Sheriff Joe trying to arrest the president.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2010

I think the bookies are basing that more on volume of bets than actual odds. :P

But you wouldn't hear any complaints from me. PR would be a total landscape change in British politics. You think the House of Lords would delay it for a year if it happened?

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.