As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When Women Lost Their [Chat]s

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Jesus would never tell anyone to eat a dick

On the contrary, he requested of us to partake of his body.

Woooah.

Cinders on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Elendil! I've been listening to a whole lot of Cage and Stockhausen, and I'm totally making a stockhausenesque piece right now!

I can do a mean rendition of 4′33″ on the kazoo.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    eggs and cracker crumbs make a great matrix for stuff like that passer.

Yeah, that's what I'm planning on. I've got some saltines to use up. Laced liberally with cumin, minced garlic and onion it should be pretty tasty.

Passerbye on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

This was a perfectly good opportunity for us to come together and hate a more fringe belief system, I even provided two unique choices.

Yet you went for the cheap joke.

I'm disappointed in you, Feral.

Bad dog.

Ludious on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Whoa. Beat Hazard is like a seizure generator.

Zandracon on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

This was a perfectly good opportunity for us to come together and hate a more fringe belief system, I even provided two unique choices.

Yet you went for the cheap joke.

I'm disappointed in you, Feral.

Bad dog.

On the other hand, you've coined a new phrase. "Jesus would never tell anybody to eat a dick" would make a great bumper sticker.

Aroused Bull on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Hung out with 12 dudes, was estranged from his father, wanted everyone to eat him, really really loved wine... hmmmmm.....

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Hung out with 12 dudes, was estranged from his father, wanted everyone to eat him, really really loved wine... hmmmmm.....

Never had a wife or girlfriend

Nocturne on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

His teenage years and 20s are conspicuously absent from the historic record

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited April 2010

Was the victim of a hate crime

Nocturne on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've got to go to bed, it's reaching my head and dribbling out my ears. Good night.

Aroused Bull on
    edited April 2010

I haven't been struck by lightning yet so I think we're on to something.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Had a parade with his band of all male followers.

Cinders on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Looking back over the chatlog, I'm convinced that this girl is crazy. She went from apologetic to pissed in two minutes flat.

Ugh, so don't need this right now.

Tav on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    so apparently that oklahoma abortion bill that required women to get ultrasounds before and after abortingw was struck down by the state governor

but then the OK senate went "lol nope" and made it law anyway

death to america

Rust on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oklahoma abortion bill?

Passerbye on
    edited April 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    so apparently that oklahoma abortion bill that required women to get ultrasounds before and after abortingw was struck down by the state governor

death to america

Rust, I finished reading the Bokurano manga today.

I wasn't expecting that.

Cinders on
    edited April 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Oklahoma abortion bill?

It is the dumbest thing.

Nocturne on
    edited April 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Oklahoma abortion bill?

yeah, here's the article
    Abortion bills vetoed by the governor last week became law today when the Senate successfully voted in favor of overriding the governor's action.

Oklahoma state Sen. Andrew Rice, D-Oklahoma City, speaks during a debate on an override of an abortion bill on the Oklahoma House floor in Oklahoma City today. The Oklahoma Senate voted to override Gov. Brad Henry's veto of two abortion bills, clearing the way for the bills to become law without his signature.

Monday, the House voted to override the bills. House Bill 2780 requires a health care provider to perform an ultrasound before an abortion could be performed and House Bill 2656 would make it illegal to sue a doctor claiming "wrongful birth" because the doctor failed to convince the mother to abort a child.

In votes of 36-12 on both bills, senators successfully did away with Gov. Brad Henry's veto of the measures.

Within hours, a New York abortion rights group filed a lawsuit in Oklahoma County District Court to challenge the ultrasound law.

Henry said he was disappointed by the Legislature's veto override.

"It signals the beginning of another costly and possibly futile legal battle for the state of Oklahoma," Henry said. "Both laws will be challenged and, in all likelihood, overturned by the courts as unconstitutional. I fear this entire exercise will ultimately be a waste of taxpayers' time and money."

Senators debated the measure for nearly an hour before the vote.

Sen. Judy Eason McIntyre, D-Tulsa, urged lawmakers to consider the rights of women.

"We know this is wrong. Think about what we're doing if we do not sustain this veto. Remember it's our body not theirs," Eason McIntyre said. "It's nobody else's decision. If it's the wrong decision you live with it."

Sen. Connie Johnson, D-Oklahoma City, urged lawmakers to support efforts to increase sexual education and access to birth control.

"Free birth control is the way to prevent abortions," she said.

Sen. Anthony Sykes, R-Moore, who made the motion in the Senate to override Henry's veto, closed debate, pointing out that the House author of the bill is Rep. Lisa Billy, R-Lindsay. Sykes said ultrasounds, like most medical procedures, are invasive, and this is no different.

"This (ultrasound) is done a high percentage of the time prior, to determine the size and weight," Sykes said. "And it's done again after the murder of that child to make sure they didn't leave any of it in the womb."
    "This (ultrasound) is done a high percentage of the time prior, to determine the size and weight," Sykes said. "And it's done again after the murder of that child to make sure they didn't leave any of it in the womb."
    "And it's done again after the murder of that child to make sure they didn't leave any of it in the womb."
    murder of that child

Rust on
    edited April 2010
    Cinders wrote: »

death to america

I wasn't expecting that.

what, a bittersweet ending instead of something along the lines of LIFE SUCKS, EVERYONE'S DEAD

yeah, it surprised me, too

Rust on
    edited April 2010
    we had some pro-lifers come into us in school before

they handed out literature

it contained the sentence "the tiny human being is sucked from it's surroundings using a machine"

Tav on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Advocated turning the other 'cheek.'

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tav wrote: »

it contained the sentence "the tiny human being is sucked from it's surroundings using a machine"

One of my teachers in highschool busted out those oh so lovely photos of dead fetuses (feti?) to pass around during the God Hates Abortion unit.

That guy was such a tool.

firewaterword on
    edited April 2010

death to america

I wasn't expecting that.

what, a bittersweet ending instead of something along the lines of LIFE SUCKS, EVERYONE'S DEAD

yeah, it surprised me, too

I was more referring to to
    lets personally hunt down and kill everyone on the planet.

But yeah, the sorta-happy ending with all the protagonists dead, and everything happening again was good too.

Cinders on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

One of my teachers in highschool busted out those oh so lovely photos of dead fetuses (feti?) to pass around during the God Hates Abortion unit.

I think I had that guy, too.

Did he bust out pictures of rotting genitalia for the Have Sex, Get AIDS and Die section?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

It's still illegal there right?

Leitner on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    "House Bill 2656 would make it illegal to sue a doctor claiming "wrongful birth" because the doctor failed to convince the mother to abort a child."

Am I reading that wrong? I don't really get what that means and it seems like suing a doctor for that would be all kinds of silly goosery, meaning I'm in favor of that bill? But being in favor of any bill in that article sounds like it makes me a silly goose.

stevemarks44 on
    edited April 2010

Did he bust out pictures of rotting genitalia for the Have Sex, Get AIDS and Die section?

Worst sex ed ever.

Cinders on
    edited April 2010
    Leitner wrote: »

It's still illegal there right?

mostly, or at least it's very heavily stigmatized

and because our country is retarded it's trending into the pro-life side instead of the side of rationality and thought

Rust on
    edited April 2010

Nah, unless I was out that day. But he did constantly refer to the time he gave Barry Bonds a high five.

He showed us the video once. I wish I was kidding.

firewaterword on
    edited April 2010
    anyone who believes that society is inevitably progressive is a silly goose, hth

Rust on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    God there is just so much stupid in the world right now.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited April 2010
    Hey hey!

The mastiff's prior owners are going to help with the heartworm bill!

Feral on

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I meant Ireland there. Where at least until recently (?) it's actually straight out illegal. As in Irish women have to get cruises to British waters to have the operation done.

Leitner on
    edited April 2010
    Hey Rust, still haven't finished the anime, how much does it change?

Cinders on
    edited April 2010
    "House Bill 2656 would make it illegal to sue a doctor claiming "wrongful birth" because the doctor failed to convince the mother to abort a child."

Am I reading that wrong? I don't really get what that means and it seems like suing a doctor for that would be all kinds of silly goosery, meaning I'm in favor of that bill? But being in favor of any bill in that article sounds like it makes me a silly goose.

Yeah I don't understand it either.

Passerbye on
    edited April 2010
    But yeah, the sorta-happy ending with all the protagonists dead, and everything happening again was good too.

Reminds me of the flavor text on:

0038_MTGROE_EN_LR.jpg

Feral on

edited April 2010
    I meant Ireland there. Where at least until recently (?) it's actually straight out illegal. As in Irish women have to get cruises to British waters to have the operation done.

yeah, i know about that one

ireland is sort of in the same boat as us in that respect, in that their religion is all mixed up with their sense of national identity, creating socially regressive policy everywhere

Rust on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmm.

I can't seem to find any info on what the profit margin is for a $60 new game or a $300 new console is for the retailer. I can find the info for the manufacturers, but I don't want that info.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2010

Yeah, this is still the case.

Tav on
This discussion has been closed.