As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When Women Lost Their [Chat]s

1565758596062»

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I'd be offended

but mostly I'm confused

It was the 80's.

I watched that ad all the time as a kid. Mainly because a rural Irish boy had no understanding of black stereotypes, and I liked the theme tune.

RMS Oceanic on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I know I am a bit late. But the whole MM/DD/YYYY thing does make sense for English speakers. It is basically writing it numbers on how your write it properly in English as "Month, Day Year." But it does make sense but like in Japan it goes YY/MM/DD and the reason I put year as only two is because they use the year of reign of the current Emperor but that is because in Japanese you state year then month then date. Sadly I don't know enough European language stuff to see why they developed the DD/MM/YYYY and the YYYY/MM/DD.

Because in Europe you would say "[day] of [month], [year]".

For example, today is the 28th of April, 2010.

japan on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

That's pretty awful. Also, that's like naming a drink Hello.

Annyong!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my rogue killed a dragon!

a fucking dragon!

Sten and Shale died but I stabbed that motherfucker's ass

The slo-mo of you riding the dragons stabbin it in the brain is pretty awesome

nexuscrawler on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I know I am a bit late. But the whole MM/DD/YYYY thing does make sense for English speakers. It is basically writing it numbers on how your write it properly in English as "Month, Day Year." But it does make sense but like in Japan it goes YY/MM/DD and the reason I put year as only two is because they use the year of reign of the current Emperor but that is because in Japanese you state year then month then date. Sadly I don't know enough European language stuff to see why they developed the DD/MM/YYYY and the YYYY/MM/DD.
    This is not how you write it properly in English, it's how you write it properly in American.

Aroused Bull on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hahahaha. Poor Chinese Baby!

*snip*
    I'd be offended

but mostly I'm confused

It was the 80's.

I watched that ad all the time as a kid. Mainly because a rural Irish boy had no understanding of black stereotypes, and I liked the theme tune.

Hey me too! I didn't realise how appalling it was until many years later.

japan on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

YYYY and YY isn't set in stone at all

I would write today as 28-04-10

or 28. April 2010

or 28-4-2010

whatever really

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    desc wrote: »
    old hip hop videos and racist commercial videos -- two great tastes that taste great together!
    My preference is the former

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's great having a look outs comic that is actually I dunno understandable...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »

We have a specific season specifically for black powder guns.

Washington also has one for bow hunting.

I know that, just never met a black powder shooter who hunted with it.

Thomamelas on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In English English, we say "First of May" rather than "May First", so we have DD/MM/YYYY.

On a side note, I don't care for DarkWarrior's "we shouldn't be treating illegal immigrants on the NHS" arguments.

RMS Oceanic on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is not how you write it properly in English, it's how you write it properly in American.

In the glorious colonies of Britannia we believe the date is for other people

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm starting to worry about my mental health. No motivation, yet waking up early in the morning - those are signs of depression.

Really?

Hmmm.

I always figured I didn't like sleeping till noon cause it felt like I was wasting the day.

Sheep on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my rogue killed a dragon!

a fucking dragon!

Sten and Shale died but I stabbed that motherfucker's ass

The slo-mo of you riding the dragons stabbin it in the brain is pretty awesome

what do archers do, I wonder

Elendil on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Or English as we are taught in school. It isn't that Amurican is better, it is just how we write it. Welcome to world of differentiation of languages over time.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just got an email from the wholesale account I was talking about yesterday, the stamp worked, they're going to pay everything they owe us.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »

We have a specific season specifically for black powder guns.

Washington also has one for bow hunting.

I know that, just never met a black powder shooter who hunted with it.

In highschool one of my friends hunted black powder, usually kept a regular just in case (In case the dear was packing? I never understood that part).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also, being home early from work is the best.

Thomamelas on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As far as I'm concerned American English and English English can't get far enough apart.

Aroused Bull on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    also what should I be for me next game

I want to be a human female noble

I would have to be a warrior

I don't want to be a dual wielder again

hm

maybe this is easier than I thought

Elendil on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the difference in where month and date is obviously when you are writing like

March 27th

but when it's like, April 7th, that can get confusing.

If someone's used to MM-DD, they could see 04-09 as "April 9th", but if they are used to DD-MM, they could see it as "September 4th".

then, if a person only uses a two digit format for the year, that can get really confusing.

09-04-10 can be "April 9th, 2010", or "September 4th, 2010", or "April 10th, 2009" or "October 4th, 2009" or...

Pony on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    okay someone make a new chat thread guys

don't post it before 6 pm est

at like 6:10 i will decide which one is best and close the others

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.