As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Serious Sam HD - Kicking names and taking ass (out on PC!) - 20 bucks for FPS mayhem

123457»

• Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Unlucky wrote: »
    In short, $18 WELL SPENT! Also, am I the only one having trouble finding any servers\matches for this thing? I mean, I know it's gonna be laggy as hell (All in the US) but still.

From what I understand, Dedicated Server support's coming in a future patch in the next few weeks.

Hence why there isn't very many out there.

Oh thank god, im sick of searching and finding only about 4 servers. Hopefully there will be some full dedicates out there soon.

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    bah, my holidays just got much less serious.

http://twitter.com/devolverdigital/statuses/6225410496

chamberlain on
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man that is irritating.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is there some sort of spectator mode in which I can just leave my computer on for people to play, a semi-dedicated server, if you will? Alternatively, I could just keep my character idle the entire time.
    Also, if the host quits, does the server shut down?

Serious_Scrub on
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    January for the Xbox version? Goddamnit.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well...we now have no option but to remove our heads and suicide bomb Cro-team.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MOOOOOOORE!

Second Encounter HD's available for pre-order for eighteen bucks through Steam, and they're tossin' in an Ugh-Zam skin for puttin' down cash right now if you're into that sorta' stuff. And to whomever from the group was texting me last night or thereabouts, sorry for the cold shoulder but I'm horribly oblivious to shit like chat and game invites and whatnot.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    header.jpg?t=1270824060

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    MULTIPLAYER

* Co-Op Mode - Plunge into chaos with up to 16 players in campaign cooperative mode.
    * Deathmatch Mode - Watch all hell break loose in over 8 classic and brand new deathmatch maps with up to 16 players.
    * NEW! Survival Mode - Try to stay alive as long as you can against continued enemies’ attacks in specially designed survival maps!
    * NEW! Co-Op Modes - Play even more along your friends in new co-op modes including Co-Op Survival.
    * NEW! Versus Modes - Fight against your friends in more versus modes including Beast Hunt and My Burden.
    * NEW! Team Modes - Compete against other teams in team matches including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Last Team Standing.

This sounds wonderful

Robman on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    YEEESSSS!

Just saw the trailer for it on gametrailers. Time to get SERIOUS!

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So soon....I love this.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We got 'bout 14 hours to go before this launches, and Steam's takin' preorders, so start gettin' your shit in order folks.

EDIT: And for anyone on the fence Steam's still got that 2-dollar 10% discount goin', so make up your minds right quick.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll wait a month or two for it to hit 10 bucks on some Steam sale.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah SSFE is already $15 and you know they'll have a double pack of this at maybe $30 around summer.

Plus holiday sales man.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Welp it's out and I've been playing the crap out of it for the last hour or so in co-op. It looks and plays really nice, though some of the more fun and memorable elements of the original engine are gone now (the curved hallway where you could jump about the entire distance from door to door ala Super Mario Galaxy is gone, and the tube chamber where you could run around freely on the inside has this revolving trap thing now that runs the whole length of it that you've got to jump at certain points). Just bombed out while trying to check out the big ziggurat thing in that one area of E2M1, though.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This game is incredible but I'm pissed there isn't local co-op for the 360. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    ZellZell Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I suggest going through graphic settings, some of the default settings are awful. I increased LOD bias some and increased the rendering resolution (if you have a "high" graphic card, by default this game will render to 1600x900 and upscale to your resolution).

Zell on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Welp it's out and I've been playing the crap out of it for the last hour or so in co-op. It looks and plays really nice, though some of the more fun and memorable elements of the original engine are gone now (the curved hallway where you could jump about the entire distance from door to door ala Super Mario Galaxy is gone, and the tube chamber where you could run around freely on the inside has this revolving trap thing now that runs the whole length of it that you've got to jump at certain points). Just bombed out while trying to check out the big ziggurat thing in that one area of E2M1, though.

Seriously, why can't their NEW engine handle the awesome shit the OLD one did years ago?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/