As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From Zero to Hero-ic Age: Dark Reign is OVER, WE WON!

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, they're the ones that did it publicly. But a lot of heroes went against him pretty early on, including Tigra and the Avengers Resistance, War Machine, the Agents of Atlas, American Eagle (by keeping SHRA people off Navajo land), and I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of.

Munch on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    So basically when it all comes down to it, before Siege the only people who stood up to Osborn were Simon and Clint?

Also, Songbird, Punisher, X-Man, Steel Spider, American Eagle, Jack Flag, and random psychics in Ms. Marvel and Thunderbolts.

Robos A Go Go on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pfft, Clint actually tried to kill him, so he's the only cool one.

And Punisher.

TexiKen on
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So basically when it all comes down to it, before Siege the only people who stood up to Osborn were Simon and Clint?

Spider-Man went against Osborn in the American Son story arc of Amazing Spider-Man. Osborn managed to use the media to mostly cover it up, though.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Wasn't Spider-Man just after Harry?

DarkWarrior on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In Spider-Man: The List, Spider-Man stages a daring break-in to gain access to sensitive HAMMER documents, which he then releases to the press and the public.

But of course, nothing ever came of that plotline.

Robos A Go Go on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pfft, Clint actually tried to kill him, so he's the only cool one.

And Punisher.

So did Wonder Man.

Hensler on
    edited April 2010
    How? With Ionic fist smash?

If so Simon gets a pass, he is the X-Factor.

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    In Spider-Man: The List, Spider-Man stages a daring break-in to gain access to sensitive HAMMER documents, which he then releases to the press and the public.

Was that teh same as the American Son arc or was that a different one?

DarkWarrior on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How? With Ionic fist smash?

If so Simon gets a pass, he is the X-Factor.

Be restarting the Lethal Legion and getting betrayed by the Grim Reaper for the 58th time in his life, and then getting his ass kicked by the Dark Avengers.

Hensler on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

It was a one-shot, Norman's list of people to kill and he only kills Punisher. The capture Clint only to be rescued in the NA Annual. So nothing came of 'The List' at all.

cardboard delusions on
    edited April 2010

It was a one-shot, Norman's list of people to kill and he only kills Punisher. The capture Clint only to be rescued in the NA Annual. So nothing came of 'The List' at all.

So like the rest of Dark Reign.

DarkWarrior on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

So like the rest of Dark Reign.

Well the Dethlok thing in Wolverine Weapon X seems to being used now, but other than that The List seemed a bit pointless.

I did like Secret Warriors: The List though.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nick Fury's list was the best.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nick Fury's list was the icing on a cake made of icing.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How sad for Norman... He only managed to kill one person on his list, and even that's not going to stick.

CyberJackal on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I love Nick Fury's list
    1. Save the world
    2. Punch Norman Osborn in the face
    3. Drink a beer

Dum Dum - How did it go?
    Fury - I get to mark something off my list

Psychotic One on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if he has to do them in that order? Like every time he saves the world he has to track down Norman and punch him in the face before he can relax with a nice cold one.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What is up with Jessica's cheek bones in that preview?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Whats up with all of JRJr's women? They're all bulimic or butch. Look at Ms Marvels face in the open scene panel... Ew.

Edit: Also many of his women end up looking like junkies.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spider-woman is seriously freaking me out in that preview.

Kyougu on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gank wrote: »
    Whats up with all of JRJr's women? They're all bulimic or butch. Look at Ms Marvels face in the open scene panel... Ew.

His female faces actually seem reminiscent of his father's art. Kind of blocky and flat, but taken a little further.

Personally, I don't mind them, as its consistent with his style.

Munch on
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Gank wrote: »

His female faces actually seem reminiscent of his father's art. Kind of blocky and flat, but taken a little further.

Personally, I don't mind them, as its consistent with his style.

It's definitely reminiscent of his dads stuff, true. And I do really enjoy his style, his scenery detail and action scenes are always primo. Just sometimes the faces seem so sinister in his style, a little creepy is all.

Also beast is distinctly sans-feline.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Thunderbolts #143 was hella lame because they did nothing with USAgent, so he's out in paraplegic limbo for the next writer to probably ruin the character because they don't get how cool he is.
    Quicksilver beats the living shit out of Mr. X (who took the spear) though, and Paladin takes the spear and becomes a drifter, and Ant Man tells Headsman's brother he was a good guy and a hero, foreshadowing the brother taking up the role

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    So in Siege: Secret Warriors...
    Phobos tries to fucking kill the President. Not quite what I was expecting but still a very raw and intense issue.

wirehead26 on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So in Siege: Secret Warriors...
    Phobos tries to fucking kill the President. Not quite what I was expecting but still a very raw and intense issue.

So I saw the scans, and I am really glad that this will never ever be mentioned again, because it's extremely fucking stupid. Basically every level is a cognitive failure.

Fencingsax on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why?

Wildcat on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My favourite character is getting shat on and this will not stand...

Solar on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thunderbolts #143 was hella lame because they did nothing with USAgent, so he's out in paraplegic limbo for the next writer to probably ruin the character because they don't get how cool he is.
    Quicksilver beats the living shit out of Mr. X (who took the spear) though, and Paladin takes the spear and becomes a drifter, and Ant Man tells Headsman's brother he was a good guy and a hero, foreshadowing the brother taking up the role

You do realize the USAgent thing will probably be resolved in this week's Mighty Avengers, yes?

Furu on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Solar wrote: »

It's because you use words like "favourite". Marvel hates you for using extra letters.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Solar wrote: »

It's because you use words like "favourite". Marvel hates you for using extra letters.

I don't necessarily mind that Marvel hates me for spelling correctly, but I do mind that they then take their hate out on cool characters. Poor Alexander.

Solar on
    edited April 2010
    Furu wrote: »

You do realize the USAgent thing will probably be resolved in this week's Mighty Avengers, yes?

It wasn't, they make one mention to him being helped by medics and then the last page is a splash of the team Assembling to go run off and fight Void/Osborn.

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    Furu wrote: »

It wasn't, they make one mention to him being helped by medics and then the last page is a splash of the team Assembling to go run off and fight Void/Osborn.

I'd love it if the next issue was Osborn, Cap and Void all turning to Taskmaster and saying "Just keep them away, we don't have the energy to pretend to be weak so they can look good"

DarkWarrior on
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    From reading today's New Avengers, it looks like Loki just furthered another part of his plan.
    Loki took back the Norn stones and used them on the heroes.

Yeah, I think Siege #4 is going to have Loki being critical to the Void's downfall.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    edited April 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    THE HOOD!

:(

DarkWarrior on
    edited April 2010
    After reading the Siege tie-ins that came out today...
    seems that although Loki caused the siege of Asgard he didn't mean for the Sentry to completely destroy it. In both New and Mighty Avengers it shows Loki seemingly helping the heroes in the fight with the Void and in Thor he explains his motivations in more detail.

wirehead26 on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    THE HOOD!

:(

YESSSSSSSSS

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited April 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    After reading the Siege tie-ins that came out today...
    seems that although Loki caused the siege of Asgard he didn't mean for the Sentry to completely destroy it. In both New and Mighty Avengers it shows Loki seemingly helping the heroes in the fight with the Void and in Thor he explains his motivations in more detail.
    Nah...he totally meant for it to be brought down. He even said it needed to be brought down before the Siege began.

cshadow42 on
    edited April 2010
    More importantly regarding Loki...
    If his brief appearance in Mighty Avengers is any indication he might not live through Siege. I doubt his death will stick for long but it would still surprise me if the Void did kill him.

wirehead26 on
    edited April 2010
    At least in Siege:Secret Warriors
    Ares implied that he's died before and returned from it multiple times. So Ares will be back some day.

cshadow42 on