As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I proposed to my GF via video game this past weekend.

andershandersh Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Not sure the appropriate place to post this, but I want to share it with as many people as I can :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3YHJcGAmY

andersh on

• Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Congratulations.

Slider on
  • Options
    InHumanInHuman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Congrats man.

I was grinning like an idiot watching that, its fantastic.

InHuman on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This was both more awesome and heart warming than i expected it to be than when i read the thread title :D

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The question is will this last longer than it did in the G&T area?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gratz. I'd say you upstaged my proposal from two weeks ago, except my fiance isn't a gamer, so she wouldn't have appreciated that nearly so much. On the other hand, I did propose to her in a restaurant a block away from where a musician she had been wanting to see for the past 15 years was performing live (The Dex Romweber Duo). Purely co-incidental, but it worked in my favor.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i motion that this becomes a "How I proposed/got proposed to/plan to propose/want to be proposed to" thread

For me, the current prewife and I had been living together for a while, and we had already decided that we wanted to be with each other forever. I had been secretly saving money for an engagement ring when we went to my friends house to play rock band.

She is a gamer (lolnintendo fangirl) and got hooked. After we left she turned to me and said "Hey- do you think we can afford a PS3 and rock band?"

I decided to spill the beans and tell her that I had saved up around 700 dollars and was going to buy her a fancy engagement ring she had wanted (we are both also environmentally super conscious- I was going to have her late mother's ring melted down and inlaid with her favorite stone. Literally stone, not gemstone. It was going to be inlaid with mookaite.)

She thought about it for a second and then said "You know what? I really don't like the whole idea of an engagement ring anyway....buy me a PS3 and rock band instead"

<3

Arch on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have seen this topic somewhere before...

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    i motion that this becomes a "How I proposed/got proposed to/plan to propose/want to be proposed to" thread

Seconded. Change the title to A Modest [Proposal] as well. Story threads tend to be fun in D&D.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I see an Xbox controller - did you do this in XNA?

Delzhand on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I see an Xbox controller - did you do this in XNA?

Looks like it's running on a laptop, so probably using the xbox controller as a general USB joypad.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »

Seconded. Change the title to A Modest [Proposal] as well. Story threads tend to be fun in D&D.

It looks like they only registered to make this thread so I doubt they are going to come back and read it.

Jars on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    very cute! congratulations!

someday your kids will wonder if people really did wear silly-looking hats around way back when.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    congratulations!

Dman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey folks, thanks for the kind words. The game engine is unity (unity3d.com).

I want to submit the game to pax10 but I'm kinda broke and don't think I have much of a shot anyway...i know there are much cooler games out there but I like participating in that kind of stuff...maybe some day I will make a really REALLY cool game hehe:lol:

andersh on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    BTW how do I change the title of the thread?

andersh on
  • Options
    SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I teared up and got a huge silly grin on my face. Thanks for sharing, that was incredibly sweet. <3

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    andersh wrote: »
    BTW how do I change the title of the thread?

Either click the edit button in your OP, then click "Go Advanced" and change it there, or find this thread title on the D&D forum listings and double click the bar it's on.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    bikkibikkibobikkibikkibo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I cannot top this!

bikkibikkibo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    D'awww

Congratulations!

Rhapsody on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It might be a reflection as to the general cynicism on this board, but I was pleasantly surprised when I watched the video. Touching.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Congrats Andersh. Though need moar backstory about the video. Looks like this was set up in a local pub or something? I hear some laughter as the game is being played, but I was surprised there wasn't any cheering when you got down on one knee. At first I thought it was a set up from everyone else in the room as if they were all in on what you were doing, but the no applause at the end makes me think otherwise.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear