As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lord of Ultima: Farmville with Dragons! … and bacon

• LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    The problem with that is although it is technically more efficient than actually using resources, resources don't count against your 100 building cap. I think its a case of 'looks good on paper' where he will actually regret doing it that way in the long run.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bigity wrote: »
    Dizzen wrote: »
    Well if that's all the case; do the %'s from towers stack? Like some say "max 50%", if you have two at 50% does it neutralized that entire unit?

Only a maximum of 50% of any category of unit can be neutralized with traps. So if I had a level one pitfall trap (neutralizes sixteen infantry), and someone attacked me with just twenty berserkers, only ten of them would be affected by the trap.

Well that's silly. Then there is no point to having more than one of most towers; yet there are a ton of tower spots. :(

Maybe you can neutralize 50 percent of another infantry group? It's kinda unclear yea.

Or maybe each tower only does 50 percent.

So 100 becomes 50 with one (maxed) tower.

100 becomes 25 with 2 (maxed) towers?

If you have a building and click on it, it shows what it does. For instance, I built 1 pitfall tower just now. It neutralizes 16 enemies, so long as that is less than 50% of the enemy force.

So, each tower neutralizes a certain amount of enemies within a type, with a cumulative total no more than fifty percent of that type of the enemy forces.

In this example, we'll use Pitfall towers, which counter infantry.

If you have three towers that neutralize twenty infantry each, that would total sixty. If they send a hundred troops, you would only stop fifty of them. If they sent 120, you would stop sixty. If they sent eight thousand, you would counter...sixty.

Docshifty on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think the misunderstanding was with the values of the towers.

I had, and I think Bigity too, thought that the numbers on the towers was a %, not a straight number.

Thus the confusion.

It makes sense now.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just started on World 3. An invite to the alliance would be fantastic if there is one started on this world.

In game name is SeverusGoD.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm on World 3, Continent 4 as Loxx.

Loxx on
    edited April 2010
    Something is straight up broken.

For the past several days I've had the times on my buildings constantly tick back and forth from say, 1hr 30m left to 1hr 50m left down to 1hr 30 minutes and back up and so on.

Every time I check the "complete time" in my building queue it is up. For example my current buildings said it would be done about 5am. Now it says 8:30am and nothing has been completed or added.

EDIT: They are aware:
    http://www.lordofultima.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=42968

The Dude With Herpes on

• Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. Time was seeming pretty goddamn relative.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If they don't fix it soonish, I will probably end up quitting. The game isn't that great to begin with.

captaink on
  • SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I set my town hall to upgrade to 10 on Tuesday before work. It was supposed to take about 7h30m, so I'm thinking fuck yeah it will be done when I get home. This is at approximately 6:30 am, and when it actually finished was a little after 4:30 pm. So somewhere 2.5 hours was lost in the train time.

Selecta on
    MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The more people quit, the more uncastled towns I'll get to farm!

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Going to do my second city right.

Unfortunately this means 2 hours per badly place resource plot.

captaink on
  • BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Me and a friend started this a few days ago to tinker with between BG's in WoW. It's amusing, but apparently they let people in Beta buy Diamonds for real $$ and never reset the servers at release.

We're on World 3 also and there are 2 people with 22 Cities and 1 with 18 Cities, all in the same Alliance too. We thought that was a little messed up.

Bloodshed on
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How do we tell what continent we're on again?

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Go to Region view and click on your town, and continent should be amongst the stuff that shows up in the info tab thingy.

Dizzen on
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dizzen wrote: »

Go to Region view and click on your town, and continent should be amongst the stuff that shows up in the info tab thingy.

Oh sweet, I'm on World 5 Continent 36. =/

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is there a way to play this minus the being plundered and looted part? It sounds interesting as a stand alone kind of time waster but I'm not really a "PvP" kind of guy.

Amikron Devalia on
  • SkulkrakenSkulkraken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There's no way to play without the possibility of being looted by PvPers. However, since going PvP leaves attackers vulnerable to losing their towns, the chances of actually being attacked are pretty low. Most PvPers aren't going to bother putting many resources into attacking PvE towns, unless they look obviously inactive.

Skulkraken on
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Good to know, might have to give this a shot, I liked evony but the game was so pvp centric that it got old quick.

Amikron Devalia on
    edited May 2010
    I got plundered once, built enough hideouts to cover essentially all my resources and haven't been hit again since.

Docshifty on
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm going a defense route as well, hopefully I can get so heavily fortified that it discourages attackers.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
    edited May 2010
    So I am being attacked. Someone is sending a force of 600~ to attack my defense force of almost 900. Weird.

Edit: Why would someone siege me if they don't have a Baron?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    Man some of these higher rewards are pretty nice actually. Building minister for 48 hours for getting your second town?

Yes please.

I just need to get my harbors capped to get the ships I need to start my next city and I'll finally have two towns. Got my moonstone and baron the other day.

Holy crap warships take a crapload of time to build though. It's like 5 hours for one ship.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited May 2010
    So I am being attacked. Someone is sending a force of 600~ to attack my defense force of almost 900. Weird.

Edit: Why would someone siege me if they don't have a Baron?

Two reasons. A siege keeps hitting every hour, I believe, so it lets them keep attacking and weakening you with just one transit. An Assault would just hit you once and then head back, and a Plundering supposedly doesn't do as much damage to defenses, if the wiki is correct.

More importantly though, there have been reports that barons are really really fragile, and can die in the first round of combat. So between that and the baron having a slow movement speed (half the speed of infantry), a lot of folks send in the Baron later, after softening up the target.

Dizzen on
    edited May 2010
    Well, he's losing, so I doubt he'll bother. Dude's army is smaller (and getting even more so) and has a lower point value than me, so I doubt he even has a baron.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    Speaking of, if anybody wants an easy target to hit on Continent 52 go for City of CountVlad at 220/561. Everything he has except City Guards are busy breaking against my defense at the moment.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    He's halfway between your city and mine. When I eventually get a castle I'll hit that dude for ya.

Selecta on
    MNWGRdm.png
    edited May 2010
    You can hit him with raids without having a castle. You just a castle for taking over the city.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    It won't even let me scout him without a castle. It says I can only raid dungeons and support other cities.

Selecta on
    MNWGRdm.png
  • SkulkrakenSkulkraken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ooh, that target is so deliciously tempting. Once I get my Temple maxed out, I'm going to go lay siege to him and take over his town. :)

Skulkraken on
    edited May 2010
    Yay max Trinsic. Curse you Baron cost. I'll fight later, just let me get a second city running game!

Docshifty on
  • firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Maxing my stable at the moment...so long to build!! I'm also in the process of knocking down some iron mines, it sucks that it is the resource I have a ton of and can't do much with it, im already almost capped out with like 70k in storage. Will I need more later or can I just up my timber and stone production?

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man some of these higher rewards are pretty nice actually. Building minister for 48 hours for getting your second town?

Yes please.

I just need to get my harbors capped to get the ships I need to start my next city and I'll finally have two towns. Got my moonstone and baron the other day.

Holy crap warships take a crapload of time to build though. It's like 5 hours for one ship.

I'm gonna make my new city next to yours off the river there.

Oh and I just sent you some iron cause I was at max capacity. Whoops!

Bigity on
    edited May 2010
    That's where I was going to put my next city..

The Dude With Herpes on

edited May 2010
    I'm messing :P I don't even have level 10 towers to build a moonstone or a baron yet.

Bigity on
    edited May 2010
    Speaking of making moonstones, I really regret having made my first one way before I could make a baron. Almost all the boss monsters that spawn in my area are level one or two, so I missed out on a bunch of artifacts.

Dizzen on
    edited May 2010
    I don't understand your logic.

What do moonstones/barons have anything to do with boss monsters?

The Dude With Herpes on

edited May 2010
    If your title is too high, you can't get the artifacts from lower level bosses.

Bigity on
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, that exactly. In addition to determining your maximum mana and how fast you regain mana, your title determines the levels of bosses you can get artifacts from. So a Baron can get an artifact from defeating a level two boss, but an Earl cannot.

Dizzen on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yep, and level 3 bosses are at least an order of magnitude tougher than level 2.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited May 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Yep, and level 3 bosses are at least an order of magnitude tougher than level 2.

This. I sent about 800 dudes at a level 3 dragon a couple days ago and got my shit stomped. I just sent another 1400 to one today, let's see if this attempt works.

Selecta on
    MNWGRdm.png