As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phil [chat]man

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I mean, fuck dude

if that all fails, and you can't get a police officer, an elected official, or a journalist interested

you can always make a short web video, post that shit on youtube, email it to a shit ton of bloggers and cc all the people who gave you the brush off

I guess it depends on how mad you are

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Thanatos what are you on about? Chu sounded very much like a victim here of an idiot cop. 2 bullets to the back of head for not doing what he's told? Sounds like sheer thuggery.

Maybe someone pissed in his cherrios.

Thanatos eats Raisin Bran and a nice glass of prune juice for breakfast.

are you having sass at Raisin Bran

you had best not be having sass at Raisin Bran

Well what other cereal do old people like to eat.

Grapenuts.

Galahad on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Dude I have never seen anyone here try and justify fucked up cop behavior in any context whatsoever; but admittedly I am new 'round these parts
    You should have seen the BART cop thread.

Cop commits first degree murder on camera from about three different angles, and everyone is saying he should be let off the hook.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Warhammer is not very traditionally romantic though.

Oh Choco you bought me a high elf batallion

swooooooooooon

let us make love on the messy painting table as a dude with body odor rambles at me about the differences in space marine lore

That made me giggle for some reason :lol:

WMain00 on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    oh man, i wonder what than would do if one of my black friends who OC's (i have several) had this happen to them

oh my god

could his heart take it?

heart-attack.jpg

Organichu on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    tumblr_l1nhmw7mbP1qz80pso1_500.jpg

oh nooooo why am i laughing so hard

Arch on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    On a day to day level, I have to say that I prefer booze, pizza, and warhammer.

Now, if you guys are getting enough of that stuff day-to-day I think you should probably do one or both of the more "traditional" things for your anniversary.

This is all just a roundabout way of saying that I agree with WMOOOO and Thom.

Bama on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How do you make it so that your sig is clickable and takes you to a website?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Thanatos what are you on about? Chu sounded very much like a victim here of an idiot cop. 2 bullets to the back of head for not doing what he's told? Sounds like sheer thuggery.
    And what he describes happens every goddamn day in that city, time and time again. Only it usually happens to people who aren't open-carrying, but have a considerably darker shade of skin.
    Right. And if that person is black, you make a case out of it. If that person is Jewish, you don't.

You saying that Organichu should expect cops to threaten to murder him in broad daylight doesn't help your argument one iota.
    I'm saying that if I have a choice between cops harassing people open carrying and cops harassing people based on the color of their skin, I'll choose the former every fucking time.

I'd prefer they not harass anyone, but that's clearly asking way too much. And that sucks, and is ridiculous, but I think it's hilarious that so many of the people here are fine with so much of the fucked-up stuff cops do (to the point of making all sorts of excuses and justifications for them) until it happens to someone here. And unless Org was wearing a Star of David on his chest, I doubt the cops even knew he was Jewish; and even if he was, I really doubt they would have harassed him for it.

Dude I have never seen anyone here try and justify fucked up cop behavior in any context whatsoever; but admittedly I am new 'round these parts

It does happen. But those people are usually silly geese who pick and choose. Where as a cop threatening to murder someone for doing something completely legal is pretty fucked up, Than figures that since he doesn't really like Chu's lifestyle, it's not as big of a deal as it normally would have been, because a cop threatening the life of a black guy doing nothing wrong is bigger of a deal over a cop threatening the life of a Jew who's not doing anything wrong.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    oh man, i wonder what than would do if one of my black friends who OC's (i have several) had this happen to them

oh my god

could his heart take it?
    On the one hand, harassing a black dude.

On the other hand, harassing a gun nut.

I'd say it's a wash.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Warhammer is not very traditionally romantic though.

Oh Choco you bought me a high elf batallion

swooooooooooon

let us make love on the messy painting table as a dude with body odor rambles at me about the differences in space marine lore

You can also have fun on your anniversary too. Sometimes it nice to mix and match it a little. It's a date to remind yourself why you keep each other around.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    How do you make it so that your sig is clickable and takes you to a website?

[ url=url][ img] [/img] [ /url]

Sheep on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Cop commits first degree murder on camera from about three different angles, and everyone is saying he should be let off the hook.

That was a horrible, horrible event. Not to mention Mehserle tapped Michael Rains. It is entirely conceivable he'll walk away a free man. Anyway, probably best left alone right hurr.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Sheep!

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Yes, Than, you were the sole voice of reason in the sea of madness that is the PA forums on that one.

Bama on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And what he describes happens every goddamn day in that city, time and time again. Only it usually happens to people who aren't open-carrying, but have a considerably darker shade of skin.
    Right. And if that person is black, you make a case out of it. If that person is Jewish, you don't.

You saying that Organichu should expect cops to threaten to murder him in broad daylight doesn't help your argument one iota.
    I'm saying that if I have a choice between cops harassing people open carrying and cops harassing people based on the color of their skin, I'll choose the former every fucking time.

I'd prefer they not harass anyone, but that's clearly asking way too much. And that sucks, and is ridiculous, but I think it's hilarious that so many of the people here are fine with so much of the fucked-up stuff cops do (to the point of making all sorts of excuses and justifications for them) until it happens to someone here.

This is ridiculous. This is not a fucking bargain. You do not have 10 points to buy "what do I hate about law enforcement" feats. Both of those things are something you should be against. You do not settle for just one and discard the other.

As for asking for way too much, it's asking way too much of yourself to be consistent and not play this like a game? Or if you mean asking too much of law enforcement, I'm surprised you're asking for law enforcement not to be racist. If wanting law enforcement not to assault people who can legally carry is asking for too much then asking them not to be racist is absurd.

Regarding your last point, name the people who justify other abuses of power by cops but are against this. Name them specifically, otherwise you're full of shit.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    tumblr_l1nhmw7mbP1qz80pso1_500.jpg

oh nooooo why am i laughing so hard

I'm just glad this happened after I had a fun time in the gulf.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am 3/5 of the way through the Deep Roads

huaghleraler

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It does happen. But those people are usually silly geese who pick and choose. Where as a cop threatening to murder someone for doing something completely legal is pretty fucked up, Than figures that since he doesn't really like Chu's lifestyle, it's not as big of a deal as it normally would have been, because a cop threatening the life of a black guy doing nothing wrong is bigger of a deal over a cop threatening the life of a Jew who's not doing anything wrong.
    Ideally, the cop would be threatening an Evangelical, corn-farming, Republican cop not doing anything wrong.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    i am stating on the record that i would like to participate in a threesome with feral and a male sharpei

yeah, you and pretty much every shar-pei out there.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos is saying that cops being horrible over someone carrying a deadly weapon is less horrible than cops being horrible for someone being born of the wrong mother.

I do not see that as controversial.

Lesser evils are still evils but they are also still lesser.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Thanatos is saying that cops being horrible over someone carrying a deadly weapon is less horrible than cops being horrible for someone being born of the wrong mother.

if both are legal actions, frankly they are both equally bad in my eyes

Arch on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bama wrote: »

Yes, Than, you were the sole voice of reason in the sea of madness that is the PA forums on that one.

Hell, I said fuck the cop and he deserves whatever may come to him. I got called a sociopath and told that the cop deserves the full respect of the justice system. Something he didn't give that kid he murdered.

And then I got infracted for it.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

The dude clearly has no sympathy for Organichu's situation and despite his transparent attempts at pretending to care he doesn't care because it's not as bad as a cop being racist.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

What's the point of mentioning this, though? Organ never claimed that he has it worse off than black people in philadelphia, and even then that doesn't justify Than being a huge silly goose for no reason.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

no man i was asking for it

showing off those sleek lines

with the hot, tight little hammer

and that long, lubed barrel

no one to blame but myself

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ideally, the cop would be threatening an Evangelical, corn-farming, Republican cop not doing anything wrong.

Right. We've established that there's a level of police brutality that you are relatively comfortable with.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    anyway

if Organ doesn't want to pursue a possible remedy

we should probably just move on

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    as much as i think anyone who is wandering around with a gun is an idiot....

i'm gonna go ahead and hate the cop here. get a copy of the police report, i'm pretty curious to hear how the official story goes.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i am stating on the record that i would like to participate in a threesome with feral and a male sharpei

yeah, you and pretty much every shar-pei out there.

they are supremely sexual creatures

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    anyway

Um, he has stated multiple times over the course of the last few days what recourse he has taken thus far.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    anyway

i am exploring remedies

sorry

i have not been trying to ignore you, i read your posts and they are all things i'm considering

Organichu on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I need to go to a battered woman shelter because Choco just put his nose up my nose.

Sometimes he yells I'M SMELLING YOUR NOSE!!

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

no man i was asking for it

showing off those sleek lines

with the hot, tight little hammer

and that long, lubed barrel

no one to blame but myself

oh well in that case

Arch on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Will.

Sorry about BC2 last night. Wife made some burgers I could not pass up. And then Netflix updated with King of the Hill. But I'll hopefully be on tonight.

Also. I have a full loaf of garlic and herb buttered bread. Made it up the other night and we forgot all about it. It's two days old and wrapped up in the fridge.

What can I do with it?

Ha! Tieg and Mike and I were noticing that your status message was "Watching on Netflix: King of the Hill Season 1"

and I was like "man, he got called away from shooting mans and made to watch King of the Hill. Remind me to never get married"

I should be on later tonight. We're doing dinner out at 7:30 so maybe will be home and online at like 9:30 or 10:00?

Also what you do with your garlic bread is wrap it tightly in foil and put it in the oven at something lowish like 250 degrees for 15 mins or so. If it's dried out you can spread a little butter on it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    anyway

Um, he has stated multiple times over the course of the last few days what recourse he has taken thus far.

this is the first I have heard of the event, period

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

What's the point of mentioning this, though? Organ never claimed that he has it worse off than black people in philadelphia, and even then that doesn't justify Than being a huge silly goose for no reason.

This. Quantifying your problems/troubles versus someone else's is always going to put you into the position of looking like a whiny bitch. The cop didn't tase Chu because of his skin color and lock him up for doing nothing wrong, and maybe that specific cop has done something like that before. But what he did to Chu is morally reprehensible to Chu, and he shouldn't feel like he has to apologize or not feel badly or angry about it because worse things have happened to others. That's just goosery.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    fox news would probably respond well to your plight

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    anyway

this is the first I have heard of the event, period

Okay well you have just been briefed on the matter then.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I need to go to a battered woman shelter because Choco just put his nose up my ass.

if you had a dick that would be a rusty trombone

I don't know what it is for a lady

skippydumptruck on
This discussion has been closed.